Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Real men ski in jorts.

The Beastie Boys pic was not from the article -> I found it after the article mentioned it.

It was taken by Rickey Powell in Missoula, MT during the first stop of the License to Ill tour.

Horovitz: Then Russell booked us our first headlining tour. It all started in Missoula, Montana. And it was super-weird.
    https://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/feat...e-boys-2011-5/

You can get prints here. Although at that price while considering the shot I’d print myself!

https://www.rickypowell.com/print-sh...boys-ski-e8m6m

“Homeboy throw in the towel, your girl got dicked by Rickey Powell”

JEANS > FARTBAG

Name:  Fartbag.JPG
Views: 945
Size:  58.4 KB

jeans is steezy.....

Name:  C7385404-3879-40B8-B820-66149DD675B5.jpeg
Views: 983
Size:  71.4 KB

“spencer harkins is caked and baked”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	681EC890-7F87-4B34-A0F6-0609F2525068.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	588.7 KB 
ID:	315072

https://www.powder.com/stories/opini...n-jeans-rules/

There's now a 50/50 chance I show up in jeans this weekend at the mini summit Danno is putting together. I'm all excited about the memories.

I'm sorry, the Beastie Boys did a ski movie? In Missoula?
    Edit: oh I see now.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Album.

This is cool. Not as cool as the Paul’s Botique version but still pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Album
    I read in an article (that is a a print article, that is a magazine article, that is a series of staple-bound paper pages) back in the mid-2000s that the Beastie Boys crew had over a terabyte of samples in their recording studio. This was before I knew what the fuck a TB even was. I have no citation for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-34-M-R...ty!84098!US!-1

This weekend, I saw a guy on the hill with these.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nice

This thread should get reclassified as Kewl retro ski wear.

Years ago I had those Euro navy blue stretchy bibs that had bright red heavy cordura nylon below the knee. Those were comfy and stylish.
    watch out for snakes

https://youtu.be/xs1kwVeKcRg

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I don't know what is more disturbing, skiing in jeans or that Buttahflake recognized the the Beastie Boys in. that pic. I just assumed it was a random photo of three idiots.
    Uh, its WAY more disturbing that you thought the BEASTIE BOYS were "three random idiots"

One of the most influential bands of all time is NOT that hard to recognize dude. I don't know where Buttaface is, but you need to punch yourself in the dick and take a few laps

and the rest of you guys need to stop disparaging skiing in jeans before Iceman comes in here and kicks all your asses

Any of you Bend area mags recently hire a cute brunette to pose in photos wearing vintage skiwear? And for some strange reason, want her to keep her hands hidden?

I’ll tell more later, but I strongly suspect mags were involved...

I used to wear jeans over my snow pants to looks cool. Im serious

xd
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I don't know what is more disturbing, skiing in jeans or that Buttahflake recognized the the Beastie Boys in. that pic.

I just assumed it was a random photo of three idiots.
    TY to this thread

I'll definitely keep popping my Retro Ski outfit more often.

For those Who want to ski in Jeans> all you need is a 7$ pair of Gators … I use them to ski in shorts too.

Don't forget the Jean Jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    There's now a 50/50 chance I show up in jeans this weekend at the mini summit Danno is putting together. I'm all excited about the memories.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

If you have a problem with people skiing in jeans, Vail has won.

I put 10+ days a season in with jeans. An XXL starter jacket helps up the “style” Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5375.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	316302

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I saw a chica wearing something similar to these in Sun Valley a few weeks back. I did a double, then triple take. Wasn't sure what I was actually looking at...the snow pants, not the chica.

https://www.snowverb.com/collections...yABEgJaXPD_BwE
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I once had this hot 25yo Blond come in for a boot fit. We chatted about the boots on the wall, discussed the boot fitting process, time commitment and costs. We were both in a agreement so she jumped up on the boot bench and sat down, removed her socks and tried to pull her skinny jeans up to her knees. Her jeans would barley pull up past her ankles, so she looked at the other two customers in the fitting chairs with their pants rolled up to their knees, she stood up and and pulled down her jeans and removed them completely and sat back down on the fitting chain in just a black lacy thong while casually draping her removed jeans across her thighs.... She was like "Lets start with those 130 Langes we looked at"
    My coworker who was fitting someone right beside us in the next chair count't form a sentence for a good 5 minutes, and the ski tech in the back room who was mounting/tuning suddenly skis had to come check on things too.
    Long story short I was a gentleman and got her some ski pants off the rack to wear during the rest of the fitting process so the other boys in the shop could close their mouths and continue to work.
    She ended up buying boot, and custom footbeds, and came back in a few days later for a small punch. "That chick who took her pants off for you is back for an adjustment" was how one of the female employees in the shop told me when they came to the back room looking for me.
    I always think of this story every time I see a hot blond standing on a boot bench in a ski shop. The guys in my shop would not believe the story if they weren't there that night.
    This was in Whistler where our shop was open until 9pm nightly. Lots of other strange stuff would happen in the evening. My favorite were the guys who would come in around 6:30-7:00 buzzed from apres, and look at skis while waiting with their families for their dinner reservations, then go for dinner and come back after dinner and a few more drinks, and they would be easily convinced to drop $800 bucks on a new ski/binding package.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    While I’m not cool enough to ski in jeans or wear Pit Vipers, they’re doing a big ski in jeans thing this weekend in Breck. It looks extremely fun.
    I didn't look not fun...
    https://freeskier.com/stories/here-a...MZYyc9s9Eo6HOQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Not sure if I wanna hug you or slap you in the neck.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

How about flannel-lined jeans? Seems like the perfect ski pant!

I would say flannel lined jeans are legit.
    watch out for snakes

Name:  EA41D027-0E25-4B9B-821C-59904F5E3433.png
Views: 539
Size:  125.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I once had this hot 25yo Blond come in for a boot fit. We chatted about the boots on the wall, discussed the boot fitting process, time commitment and costs. We were both in a agreement so she jumped up on the boot bench and sat down, removed her socks and tried to pull her skinny jeans up to her knees. Her jeans would barley pull up past her ankles, so she looked at the other two customers in the fitting chairs with their pants rolled up to their knees, she stood up and and pulled down her jeans and removed them completely and sat back down on the fitting chain in just a black lacy thong while casually draping her removed jeans across her thighs.... She was like "Lets start with those 130 Langes we looked at"
    My coworker who was fitting someone right beside us in the next chair count't form a sentence for a good 5 minutes, and the ski tech in the back room who was mounting/tuning suddenly skis had to come check on things too.
    Long story short I was a gentleman and got her some ski pants off the rack to wear during the rest of the fitting process so the other boys in the shop could close their mouths and continue to work.
    She ended up buying boot, and custom footbeds, and came back in a few days later for a small punch. "That chick who took her pants off for you is back for an adjustment" was how one of the female employees in the shop told me when they came to the back room looking for me.
    I always think of this story every time I see a hot blond standing on a boot bench in a ski shop. The guys in my shop would not believe the story if they weren't there that night.
    This was in Whistler where our shop was open until 9pm nightly. Lots of other strange stuff would happen in the evening. My favorite were the guys who would come in around 6:30-7:00 buzzed from apres, and look at skis while waiting with their families for their dinner reservations, then go for dinner and come back after dinner and a few more drinks, and they would be easily convinced to drop $800 bucks on a new ski/binding package.

Quote Originally Posted by AirheadD8 View Post
    I used the old cotton waffle pattern
    <Mad bonus points for tube sock / long jon combo
    "Can't you see..."