Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    seriously though, we all saw the Vail pic and I hear you "its all due to epicpass," anybody have any feedback from the other 3 Epic pass resorts right next door?
    Nothing to see here
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Pow Mow not part of Epic or Ikon, maybe the crowding is not related to the passes?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I made the right move today. PowMow.

https://www.facebook.com/57491653252...6709132340883/

If I ever come back to SLC, or when I travel to Denver, arrive on Saturday and leave Saturday. This is getting ridiculous.

But tommorow should be ok. Follow the sun. I found a lot of butter on almost well done toast today that was much fun. God's grooming.
    looks like staying in the car for another hour or 2 was the right call missed the bunny gaper and the rest of the avoid the cottonwood crowd
    and I gots sumthin betters to put in another lame old man bitchin naps not laps thread instead of sad zuckerbitch facefuck crap fom another needs fartsniffers to profit from skiing
    nope no iconic epic lines here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	315192
    nope no unprepared bc bunny gapers here either

Name:	IMG_4268.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	315193
    well yeah

Name:	IMG_4498 (2).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	315194

Name:	IMG_4380.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	315197

Name:	IMG_4396.jpg 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	315203

Name:	IMG_4658 (2).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	315198
    nope no iconic epic gapers here either

Name:	IMG_4276.jpg 
Size:	835.4 KB 
ID:	315201

I aint gonna tell ya your doins it wrong but fuck it us LebowSKIS
    we don't keep track we just make thems

Name:	IMG_4347 (2).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	941.8 KB 
ID:	315199

Name:	IMG_4366 (2).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	315200
    and keep winning

Name:	IMG_4724 (2).JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	519.9 KB 
ID:	315196
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4426 (2).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	315195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4807 (2).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	315202  
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

some of the front, and the bowls and blue sky were closed on friday at vail, and it was still a good day once the initial line cleared. I skipped the weekend, but I believe the bowls opened slowly and certainly blue sky remained closed until yesterday. the closed terrain at least partially accounts for the lines. last tuesday, thursday and this monday were all snowy days with tolerable to no lines. saturday and sunday were predictably bad if you checked what had been closed Friday. if that's as bad as it gets, then there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    nope no unprepared bc bunny gapers here either
    Benny's all yours for a bit. Enjoy.

--The East Coast
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Back soon!

Newark by the Wasatch has such charm and beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I think a capped reservation system to use your ikon or epic pass is needed. Book in advance or the day might fill up. Also, why is Ikon allowed on the snowbird tram without paying an upgrade fee?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I don't see how this system could possibly work. What would be the detriment of signing yourself up for a weekend you are maybe-sort-of-thinking-about-skiing and then bailing, fucking over the person who may have been a bit late to the game but would have been there 100% rain or shine?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I don't see how this system could possibly work. What would be the detriment of signing yourself up for a weekend you are maybe-sort-of-thinking-about-skiing and then bailing, fucking over the person who may have been a bit late to the game but would have been there 100% rain or shine?
    Because if you don't show up for your scheduled day, you can't reschedule? I dunno - plenty of little logistical hurdles with that scheme.

But it does seem like a more heavily tiered pass pricing system might work.

$2500 - unlimited skiing, whenever, at any resort covered under the pass.

$2000 - unlimited skiing, whenever, at your home resort, limited (black out dates) skiing at other resorts.

$1000 - black out dates for all resorts.

$700 - black out dates for all and you have to rsvp in advance, at least for the more desirable resorts. Maybe no weekends.

Or something like that.

fuck that.

Sounds like Make Skiing Not Great Again
    watch out for snakes

Let’s ban all skis over 68mm wide and no automatic bindings. Who needs those?

As a matter of fact let’s pass legislation to confiscate them all. We can send Joe Biden door to door with stinger missles for any hold outs.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Because if you don't show up for your scheduled day, you can't reschedule? I dunno - plenty of little logistical hurdles with that scheme.

$2000 - unlimited skiing, whenever, at your home resort, limited (black out dates) skiing at other resorts.

$700 - black out dates for all and you have to rsvp in advance, at least for the more desirable resorts. Maybe no weekends.

Or something like that.
    ^^^ Its not like the areas having these issues have no data of usage days and the ability to use that data to do as you propose.

Analytics.....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Or something like that.
    Our class stratification continues. We're becoming England.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Its not like the areas having these issues have no data of usage days and the ability to use that data to do as you propose.

Analytics.....
    Of course. But based on the last 200 posts in this thread, it appears that many people are unsatisfied with the how the resorts are implementing that data.

If you want a pass structure that provides disincentives against the entirety of the east coast / midwest showing up at your resort whenever it snows, there's gonna need to be restrictions. And if the resorts are going to implement policies that reduce the number of skiers at their hill, there's inevitably going to be price increases.

Of course, I'm still gonna pay $650 for a pass to my local hill and go skiing whenever I want. At least until they get bought by Vail.

Are blackout days considered anything over 6" reported?

Solitude has a solution. Show up at the base of the mountain and go Heli-Skiing in virtual reality. It's Free!

https://www.solitudemountain.com/thi...lines-of-sight

Of course. But based on the last 200 posts in this thread, it appears that many people are unsatisfied with the how the resorts are implementing that data.

If you want a pass structure that provides disincentives against the entirety of the east coast / midwest showing up at your resort whenever it snows, there's gonna need to be restrictions. And if the resorts are going to implement policies that reduce the number of skiers at their hill, there's inevitably going to be price increases.

Of course, I'm still gonna pay $650 for a pass to my local hill and go skiing whenever I want. At least until they get bought by Vail.
    generally speaking, east coasters and midwesterners are booking further in advance and spending more money at the resort, and more likely to bend over and pay window rate. if I had to take a wild guess, I'd guess that the bigger variable with those vail lines was all the denver-based epic passholders showing up. flights to denver are often cheap, so I could be wrong

with the shitshow at JHMR last friday, there weren't a lot of people buying expensive last-minute flights to JH, but the streets were filled with CO and UT plates, people who made a frantic drive up to catch the snow on their megapass

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    <snip> but the streets were filled with CO and UT plates, people who made a frantic drive up to catch the snow on their megapass
    Is it OK if we've been doing that frantic drive since before Ikon was a thing?

Or something like that.
    How does it work with DV today? Is there a reservation system for Ikon Ikon passholders? Or does the cap only apply to people buying day tickets?

Seems like the simplest approach would be a cap on the number of Ikon passholders at a given resort on a given day. You can "reserve" a spot starting in August. If you don't cancel more than 1 week out you forfeit that day. That would allow resorts to use the Ikon pass as a way to smooth out traffic versus what it's doing now of creating huge peaks and valleys in visits. For a place like SLC. it also would incentivize locals to buy a season pass to their local mountain versus saving their 5 or 7 days for the best days of the season.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    absolutely. frankly, I lack all respect for ikon passholders from CO who DONT take advantage of their free days at JHMR, even if I don't like the aggregate impact. driving 287 from rawlins thru lander over tog pass to JHMR is the ultimate i70 hack--just go to jackson instead.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Was gonna say CO & UT plates in JH during a storm cycle has been going on for a while, its always mecca to the Rocky Mountain crowd when it gets snow

You are certainly lucky that Whitefish keeps costs down. $ 1500.00 for a pass is a bit of a kick in the balls.

I am all in favor of more blackouts or a reservation system for the Mega passes. If it means that I have to pay a bit more I am down with that.

Seems like the simplest approach would be a cap on the number of Ikon passholders at a given resort on a given day. You can "reserve" a spot starting in August. If you don't cancel more than 1 week out you forfeit that day. That would allow resorts to use the Ikon pass as a way to smooth out traffic versus what it's doing now of creating huge peaks and valleys in visits. For a place like SLC. it also would incentivize locals to buy a season pass to their local mountain versus saving their 5 or 7 days for the best days of the season.

BINGO!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    That's funny cause I never felt bad about driving past or going to the hole on the way to our annual bc hut trip
    Till this d jong bro showed me his goods and
    I'll be back
    But first
    I skied and fished with harry multiple times road trips are commencing
    Oh and in case you were wondering
    All the laps, turns, fantasy hikes to silver days,
    The lifelong friends and mags and maggots I've made and shared with
    The work hours the apres the lifestyle fucking all off it
    Well yeah
    Them passes are worth every damn red cent I didn't spend on em

Name:	SavedImage_0211200410b.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	315240
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I don’t feel like it’s east coasters and midwesterners plugging up HWY 210 in LCC. I think it’s locals and transplants.

Mike Douglas had a funny Instagram post a couple days ago making fun of 3rd year Whistlerites who have just purchased a snowmobile and are telling their friends about a “new zone” they have discovered in the Whistler backcountry.