Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    I'll take it.

In for sloppy seconds if John B somehow passes. Or if someone else has a large, I’d be down.

Love this jacket but mine was cut off of me in the ER last year….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You find one of these yet? I have a small from like 2 years ago with tags still on it that just ended up being too small for me. Happy to pass it onto you.

Additionally anyone holding a medium they don't want?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Anybody catch a Small you want to unload?

Or maybe better, any recs for a women's Ascendant-like hooded mid-layer that's crazy warm, light and soft on the inside? At least, I think those are why my wife wants to steal mine whenever I put it in my pack.

PSA: $38 Outdoor Research Ascendants (All sizes)

As this thing falls out of circulation, Has it been mentioned that maybe one could pair and alpha direct only fleece (senchi, rab, macpac etc… ) with a durable-ish breathable outer like a wind shirt or something? Spitballing here…

not for 38 bucks of course but you might be more versatile. The alpha direct only as the outer would not do good bushwhacking and no real h2O repellent properties but maybe with a wind shirt or light soft shell on top could work for someone?

Oh well…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

To replicate the Ascendant, the fleece would have to be really lightweight, and the exterior layer would have to highly breathable, yet more durable than ultralight puffy Pertex. The most similar jacket I have is an old Cloudveil single-layer Schoeller softshell, which has no insulation or water/wind-resistant barrier, but has thicker fabric than the Ascendant, but is considerably heavier, less wind resistant, less warm, and less packable than the Ascendant.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 06-12-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    In for sloppy seconds if John B somehow passes. Or if someone else has a large, I’d be down. Love this jacket but mine was cut off of me in the ER last year….
    ^ Good news! John B took the black large I had instead of the blue one, so the blue could be yours.

Only worn once or twice (realized I'm more of a puffy guy), looks like new other than a slight hint of mineral sunblock at the very top of the zipper, which you'd only notice if you look for it really closely. This blue one: https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...ed-hoodie-mens

SOLD - $55 shipped to lower 48. (PlayItLeo has first right of refusal.)
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 06-13-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ Good news! John B took the black large I had instead of the blue one, so the blue could be yours.

Only worn once or twice (realized I'm more of a puffy guy), looks like new other than a slight hint of mineral sunblock at the very top of the zipper, which you'd only notice if you look for it really closely. This blue one: https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...ed-hoodie-mens

$55 shipped to lower 48. (PlayItLeo has first right of refusal.)
    I'd take it if Playitleo passes, but he should definitely have dibs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimbhike View Post
    You find one of these yet? I have a small from like 2 years ago with tags still on it that just ended up being too small for me. Happy to pass it onto you.

Additionally anyone holding a medium they don't want?
    I did not. We found her an Eddie Bauer First Ascent midlayer that gained me a little relief, but apparently she still wants to steal the Ascendant. PM coming.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    To replicate the Ascendant, the fleece would have to be really lightweight, and the exterior layer would have to highly breathable, yet more durable than ultralight puffy Pertex. The most similar jacket I have is an old Cloudveil single-layer Schoeller softshell, which has no insulation or water/wind-resistant barrier, but has thicker fabric than the Ascendant, but is considerably heavier, less wind resistant, less warm, and less packable than the Ascendant.
    Got a Kuhl "the one" hoodie from a gig last week; it's a little heavier but very much in the same vein as the ascendant. Softer fleece on the inside, and slightly longer arms which is good for me. The hood has a soft bill and there's no chest pocket, but it's a suitable replacement. Don't think they're going on sale for $38 any time soon though.

https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/outer...the-one-hoody/

I bought one if these and it's a nice light rain jacket. But if it's not raining, I think the hood looks a little weird with a lot of material flopping around with the fleece inside.

Just bumping a request for a medium if anyone is holding. <3