Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Gimp

Been a week now since surgery. Been doing the post op exercises and I can get full extension now my flexion is bad but apparently early in recovery getting full extension is good. Still in quite a bit of pain though and a lot of the pain is in my mid shin which seems super weird for me. I tried going back to work today and made it an hour and a half, the way the chair hits the back of my leg is awful.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Been a week now since surgery. Been doing the post op exercises and I can get full extension now my flexion is bad but apparently early in recovery getting full extension is good.
    Just had ACL surgery last May myself, definitely hear you on feeling trapped, it really does suck being limited for a while, it's a slow process but you'll bounce back. My docs and PT really stressed that getting the extension back off the bat was a key to a solid recovery, so that's great to hear you've made some good progress in the first week, the flexion will take longer to come back for sure. I'm at about 9.5mo's and maybe at about 95% for the flexion, been doing yoga recently which seems to help. Hang in there man, sending ++ healing vibes your way.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

This recovery shit is no fun. I was a month out of surgery on Monday. I’m getting around ok but trying to get it back is unbearably slow. Meanwhile we’re having the best ski and fatbike season in years and I’m spinning on an exercise bike trying not to get the fucking corona.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    This recovery shit is no fun. I was a month out of surgery on Monday. I’m getting around ok but trying to get it back is unbearably slow. Meanwhile we’re having the best ski and fatbike season in years and I’m spinning on an exercise bike trying not to get the fucking corona.

Getting extension back wasn’t easy but a lot easier than flexion. A week and a half ago I barely had 90* so it’s coming back just slow.

You gotta go all the way until you can kick yourself in the ass?

fuck yeah man!

now do it the other way. like a flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You gotta go all the way until you can kick yourself in the ass?
    At least getting it as close as the other one gets. Super glad I got an exercise bike before lockdown.

That and stretches and you should be able to get back to 85% soon, then all the way.
    Is your PT doing online consults if you need to talk to them?

Post 28, line 1 from GregL...
    Your knee has a timeline of it's own.

Color me impressed; Seems to me your getting damn flexy really quick. Faster than I did.
    Soft tissue repair is a more serious lengthy rehab than, say, a full knee replacement.

My weak link has been working out my leg muscles to bring them back to equal the other. My homework attitude is lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Post 28, line 1 from GregL...
    Your knee has a timeline of it's own.

Color me impressed; Seems to me your getting damn flexy really quick. Faster than I did.
    Soft tissue repair is a more serious lengthy rehab than, say, a full knee replacement.

My weak link has been working out my leg muscles to bring them back to equal the other. My homework attitude is lame...
    I’m a meathead. I literally have nothing better to do than play guitar and do exercises. I’m losing weight in quarantine. I’m getting results by working hard at it. Wake up do PT, drink coffee, spin for 30 minutes on the bike. Stretch. Eat breakfast. Repeat 5 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    That and stretches and you should be able to get back to 85% soon, then all the way.
    Is your PT doing online consults if you need to talk to them?
    Yep. Twice a week were doing zoom sessions. Next week I can walk without the brace. Not that I’ve been wearing it anyway.

That's cool... also explains why you're coming along so quickly.