Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s good, just get some 192 m Free 108s now. $419 with free shipping last time I checked

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm 5'7", weigh 150 pounds and ski hills with lots of bumps and tight trees. If I was going to get MFree 108's it would be the 182 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm 5'7", weigh 150 pounds and ski hills with lots of bumps and tight trees. If I was going to get MFree 108's it would be the 182 for sure.
    I assumed you were man sized, the 182 would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope, I'm short and light, but I make up for it with my hirsuteness.

I can't help but think that skiing for me and skiing for someone who's 100 pounds heavier and 6 or 8 inches have to be two very different sporting experiences. I.e. a pile of slightly set-up crud that you can just pulverize would be something I could pop a nice little air off of.

If I'm gonna "pop a nice little air off of" something it had better be made of either granite or basalt. My hirsuteness doesn't seem help in that regard. Gravity is gravity...and I got a lot of it.

Hahaha, that confirms my suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How are folks tuning these? Any major changes from the factory tune w/r/t bevels, just a quick detune of the tapered sections, something in between?
    I wonder if some people who think it's hooky had a bad tune or didn't detune?

I don't own K108s but I did just buy a pair of Blaze106 and they are dead flat under foot but a little bit edge high towards the front and back, didn't appear to have a base bevel (though I'm not 100% on this), and are razor sharp. That sounds like a recipe for "hooky" to me.

Mine are getting flattened and re-bevelled now before I mount and ski them for the first time. I will detune a little as well when I get them back.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I didnít find them hooky, though I thought the side cut was a little weird. I didnít detune at all.
    focus.

For those that might be interested, a few pairs of demo Katanas for sale. I messaged the guy about the 191ís and apparently thereís only 3 days on them. Shipping with FB is only $25:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1594683386092/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen maybe 10-15% of people say they feel the skis want to pull across the fall line in certain situations, when compared to a ski with a longer radius. I'm normally in that small-ish percentage of people that feels that kind of stuff. And I'm broke, so I can't take that risk. If I was flush, hell yah I'd take the risk for this ski, since Volkl did put that Katana badge on it and I do somewhat trust Volkl more that other brands.

I guess it depends on how you weight the ski with this K108? That's what I've seen some people say. Have any of you tried Asym on firm snow, and not liked it, but then liked this Volkl 3-integrated sidecut stuff?