Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Heads up. I was on Corbett’s last night and had the coupon code “Pow21” which gets you 30% off full price 2021 stuff.

2021 K108s left in a 177cm and 184cm were available...they show up as $660CDN plus free shipping in your cart.

That’s approx. $515US for you ‘mericans.

I almost bought some. But want to ski my Mantras first.
    kc, great PSA - did not buy the Katanas but have a new pair on f Blizzard 106 Cochise on the way...! Thanks...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Katana 108 - the resurrerection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    The sound they make notwithstanding, the K108 is kind of a honey badger with respect to conditions. Both times I skied them it was bulletproof and I still had a great time on them
    I know right...I’ve always kinda said it (even on older versions)......damn fun. The only people who seem to not be believers are the “internet carvers” who believe anything >80 underfoot is too wide for “real” skiers....

When u only have cash for 1 pair of sticks.....the K108 is a legit option.

*Wow, great review Bandit.......

I got my 191cm Katana 108s in December and they are incredible. Unbelievable speed and stability on groomers. I've had them in 12" of fresh and they float me at 6'5" 290lbs without issue. I did not expect them to be as agile as they are, but they pivot and turn extremely well. Crud and skied-out snow that would typically jostle and shake me around just seems to ride smooth and even.

Saw some people talking about chatter or noise in the tips? Never heard anything like that on mine. I will say, these skis forced me to pay closer attention to my technique. They are more responsive and powerful than other skis I own which means sloppy foot pressure or edge angle is much more noticeable. The ski does what it's told.

These skis have ruined me. I don't think I am going to be able to have as much fun on anything else now.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

If it hasn't already been posted:

New Volkl Mantra M6; Burly Chargers; & Movement Skis (Ep. 130: Volkl Katana 108 vs Monster 108 vs Blizzard Cochise 106 (12:05))
    https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/n...nt-skis-ep-130

Getting annoyed with trying skis that don’t work. Tempted to sell allot of different waist widths and buy the K108. As a literally nearly every day ski.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Heads up. I was on Corbett’s last night and had the coupon code “Pow21” which gets you 30% off full price 2021 stuff.

2021 K108s left in a 177cm and 184cm were available...they show up as $660CDN plus free shipping in your cart.

That’s approx. $515US for you ‘mericans.

I almost bought some. But want to ski my Mantras first.
    Dammit. Dead.

Yeah, it worked the first night, but I didn't pull the trigger. Dunzo now.

is the item you are trying to apply the code to now discounted from MSRP? Because the code still works, just only on itms not already discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    is the item you are trying to apply the code to now discounted from MSRP? Because the code still works, just only on itms not already discounted.
    Yeah I guess it is now which messes up the coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Getting annoyed with trying skis that don’t work. Tempted to sell allot of different waist widths and buy the K108. As a literally nearly every day ski.
    You could do a lot worse than the K108 if you ski out west.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    You could do a lot worse than the K108 if you ski out west.

This. With the k108 you would be pretty well covered for just about any condition you might come across, then put all of the specialty quiver skis in orbit around it. That appears to be where I'm headed though there is a chance that I might sub the M102 for the K108 depending on purchase price. Very similar skis, the 6mm notwithstanding.

This. With the k108 you would be pretty well covered for just about any condition you might come across, then put all of the specialty quiver skis in orbit around it. That appears to be where I'm headed though there is a chance that I might sub the M102 for the K108 depending on purchase price. Very similar skis, the 6mm notwithstanding.
    Yeah I’m leaning K108 for the tighter radius. Then Praxis Pow Boards and call it good!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Yeah I’m leaning K108 for the tighter radius. Then Praxis Pow Boards and call it good!
    I have totally simplified my quiver, now that I have the K108.

Over the holidays, I skied 19 days in a row. I was using the K108 everyday, except one. Conditions were brutal, so I took my M5 out for the day and honestly wanted to chuck them into the garbage after a couple runs. The M5 doesn't do anything as well as the K108. I guess I'll keep the M5 in the closet for early season days, as I don't give a shit if I wreck them on rocks.

In any case, I have a bunch of skis that now just collect dust. My K108 will be my daily ski and I will use my Volkl Two or Kuro for big pow days. How easy is my life now... A 2 ski quiver!!! SO GOOD!!!

Our local ski shop (The Quest) didn't even carry the 102 this year. The owner didn't think that it would sell with the K108 on the shelf. He figured that most of the Fernie crowd would opt for the 108 over the 102.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCreekChad View Post
    I have totally simplified my quiver, now that I have the K108.

Over the holidays, I skied 19 days in a row. I was using the K108 everyday, except one. Conditions were brutal, so I took my M5 out for the day and honestly wanted to chuck them into the garbage after a couple runs. The M5 doesn't do anything as well as the K108. I guess I'll keep the M5 in the closet for early season days, as I don't give a shit if I wreck them on rocks.

In any case, I have a bunch of skis that now just collect dust. My K108 will be my daily ski and I will use my Volkl Two or Kuro for big pow days. How easy is my life now... A 2 ski quiver!!! SO GOOD!!!
    I’m sure my wife would appreciate that state of affairs hahaha

Just put these through their paces this last week. Remarkable ski, you can basically do whatever you want on them . Felt maybe a little flexier and pivot even looser to me than the M102s.

More sword than full bore tank, I might prefer the M102 tip, maybe a bit more torsional rigidity there.

M102s engage a touch more at the tip when you roll them over and tend to track right across the fall line. K108 not tremendously different but engage more from the forefoot and didn't pull me across per se, was more amenable to whatever.

I think the M102s might be more what I'm after long term if I had to choose. Need to comp to the Cochise 106.

Had a couple zingers under foot on fast icy cat tracks just when I was appreciating not having to stay on them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone had time on the K108s skiing powder in steep trees?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Anyone had time on the K108s skiing powder in steep trees?
    Had them in 19" of fresh today. They cut and pivot amazingly well as long as I am moving. I do feel the weight of the ski if I have to make a jump turn.

That meaty heft is worth it to me though. Chopped up sloppy snow at the end of the day felt so consistent and smooth. I was taking much more speed than the guys I was skiing with and it just felt stable.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Skied my 184 K108’s at Park City today. Started the day over on the Canyons side looking for stashes on Ninety-Nine 90 and other areas with trees and steeps. Lots of day old pow (12”+) and soft crud...the Katanas were perfect. Floated when I needed it, pushed through the crud with ease, and never, ever felt hooky. They were very manageable in tight trees and decent in the bumps...not amazing, but not punishing.

We spent the afternoon ripping groomers on the Park City side. I love how they lock up with the 19-m sidecut, but never feel hooky or locked in to a specific turn shape due to the 3D sidecut. I ended the day back in Canyons marching down some not so pristine groomers. The Katanas smooth out everything and provide so much suspension without exacting a heavy toll on me.

I skied the previous day at Snowbasin (it was deep and oh so good) and my lower back and gimpy knee were stressed. I skied bell to bell today on the Katanas and didn’t ever think of my knee or sore back...they just sucked up all the crap...provided smooth dampness, and made me feel like a lot younger.

I love these skis.

Last edited by Bandit Man; 02-19-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Skied my 184 K108’s at Park City today. Started the day over on the Canyons side looking for stashes on Ninety-Nine 90 and other areas with trees and steeps. Lots of day old pow (12”+) and soft crud...the Katanas were perfect. Floated when I needed it, pushed through the crud with ease, and never, ever felt hooky. They were very manageable in tight trees and decent in the bumps...not amazing, but not punishing.

We spent the afternoon ripping groomers on the Park City side. I love how they lock up with the 19-m sidecut, but never feel hooky or locked in to a specific turn shape due to the 3D sidecut. I ended the day back in Canyons marching down some not so pristine groomers. The Katanas smooth out everything and provide so much suspension without exacting a heavy tool on me.

I skied the previous day at Snowbasin (it was deep and oh so good) and my lower back and gimpy knee were stressed. I skied bell to bell today on the Katanas and didn’t ever think of my knee or sore back...they just sucked up all the crap...provided smooth dampness, and made me feel like a lot younger. I love these skis.

Go on then. I’ll buy some.

These showed up today. They look real nice next to the Q Labs.....

These are all lined up by recommended boot center.... interesting that they all have pretty much the same amount of tip, probably within 1cm, 184cm to 193cm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613782023.913086.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	363828
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    These showed up today. They look real nice next to the Q Labs.....

These are all lined up by recommended boot center.... interesting that they all have pretty much the same amount of tip, probably within 1cm, 184cm to 193cm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613782023.913086.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	363828
    Nice! If you are used to those bigger sticks, the 184 is going to feel really easy...but still so stable and capable.

Skied mine again today at Park City. They were great hitting the steep back bowls, playing in the 8-12” of two day old Pow (they float just fine) and railing groomers. The only thing I wished for today was fresher legs. The Katanas were so up to everything.

We spent the afternoon ripping groomers on the Park City side. I love how they lock up with the 19-m sidecut, but never feel hooky or locked in to a specific turn shape due to the 3D sidecut. I ended the day back in Canyons marching down some not so pristine groomers. The Katanas smooth out everything and provide so much suspension without exacting a heavy toll on me.

I skied the previous day at Snowbasin (it was deep and oh so good) and my lower back and gimpy knee were stressed. I skied bell to bell today on the Katanas and didn’t ever think of my knee or sore back...they just sucked up all the crap...provided smooth dampness, and made me feel like a lot younger.

I love these skis.

The bandit in Utah! Inquiring minds want to know what else did you bring? R11's?

Do love the K108 accolades. Putting them into the serious consideration category.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    The bandit in Utah! Inquiring minds want to know what else did you bring? R11's?

Do love the K108 accolades. Putting them into the serious consideration category.
    LOL...did you peek in my ski bag? Yeah, I traveled with Rustler 11’s and Katana K108’s. Bandit Jr brought M102’s and Enforcer 110’s. He prefers the M102’s everywhere but the trees.

I honestly could have left the Rustlers at home. They were fun at Snowbasin on Wednesday but the Katanas are just so good for current Wasatch conditions.

Anyone have any experience moving from a Confession to the Katana 108? My 186 Confession is getting a bit worn out and the Katana seems to be the obvious replacement, but the narrower waist has me hesitating. The Confession has been my pow ski for the last few years. I also have a 184 M5 Mantra that I love for low snow days/groomers, but after reading all the hype in this thread sounds like maybe the Katana could replace both skis?