Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RIP Kirk Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Why would people persecute Kirk Douglas for Natalie Wood?
    Apparently, Natalie Wood was raped when she was 16. There was an allegation published in 2012 that it was Kirk. She never spoke about it before her death. Her sister said was taped by an older actor but that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Apparently, Natalie Wood was raped when she was 16. There was an allegation published in 2012 that it was Kirk. She never spoke about it before her death. Her sister said was taped by an older actor but that’s all.
    I’m not going to pass judgment, apparently Natalie was a voracious nympho.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    so liking sex means it’s ok to be raped? So i guess she wanted to be raped. uh huh. . If the allegation was there it doesn’t make it ok just because it was a long time ago. But yet with Kobe it was brought up by many people after he died. I don’t know either way, but if someone thinks it’s ok in one case, they should at least be consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

That was one of the rumors, although those sorts of rumors sometimes get started to discredit rape victims. The rumor that Kirk Douglas violently raped her as a 15 y.o. has been around for decades.

3 pages and we haven't brought up "The Man from Snowy River"?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82w_LOWMFw

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    so liking sex means it’s ok to be raped? So i guess she wanted to be raped. uh huh. . If the allegation was there it doesn’t make it ok just because it was a long time ago. But yet with Kobe it was brought up by many people after he died. I don’t know either way, but if someone thinks it’s ok in one case, they should at least be consistent.
    I don’t think it would be okay to rape anyone and I’m not saying she wasn’t raped. It could have been consensual. Maybe the rape rumor was started to smear Douglas. We don’t know because they’re nothing but rumors.

^^^ Thank you for writing that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

RIP Kirk Douglas

yikes. Do you understand that view could be made in all cases, and that's how Cosby, Weinstein, etc. got away with it? Most women would not want to go through the embarrassment, criticism from others, etc. to make a false allegation. ( I’ve read 2-5 %, not sure exactly). I think the point here was that if Kobe's rape allegations were brought up in his death, why do we gloss over/completely ignore those allegations in other celebrity deaths? Food for thought.

Did Natalie Wood make any allegation about Kirk Douglas? Apparently it's a rumor, started by an anonymous blogger. That would make it far different from Kobe, Cosby, Weinstein et al. Or do we accept anonymous allegations at face value now?

well I guess I did’t research that. If that was noted above I missed it cause I skim. . My research was limited to the True Crime episode that alleges she was killed by Robert Wagner.

Yeah I mean all I did was google it and read the first link, I dunno, but it doesn't seem like she ever accused him. Which doesn't prove anything either but to go down that road it seems like you have to start with something more substantial than rumors.

Yeah, well may they all RIP. I’ve seen that True Crime episode like 3 times and for having previously had no idea who she was, I’m pretty convinced Wagner killed her. So now I have a soft spot for her. (what? lol).

Only Christopher Walker knows if Robert Wagner killed Natalie Wood

Maybe he’ll tell all on his death bed.

I’m not saying she wasn’t raped. It could have been consensual.
    Mother: Now none of your cheek! He was a Roman, Brian. He was a centurion in the Roman army.

Brian: You mean...you were raped?!

Mother: Well...at first, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........