Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Scammed on Craigslist. What to do?

I’m in Nashville for a work-thing. This Thursday night Tyler Childers is playing at the Ryman. I’m so in.

I find tickets on craigslist, contact the seller. I tell her I won’t buy them as online seems sketchy. She says “here’s my phone number” and here is my facebook profile. We become friends on facebook. Seems like a legit page (friends and people wishing her happy birthdays and random music posts, etc). On facebook her name is Emily Bee.

I send the money over facebook, using paypal. PayPal doesn’t tell you this, but because it’s not through marketplace, there is no way to choose “goods and services” vs. “friends and family”. They assume that if you’re “friends” than you don’t need protection.

As soon as I send the $ I realize I got screwed, so before she blocks me I go and screenshot parts of her page, including the “happy birthdays”. One was from who I believe is her grandmother who says “we love you Emily G____.

So, I go to that woman’s page and find all the G____family. They post a phone number. I call the number and a sweet older woman answers. I explain the situation and she starts to cry and says sweet Emily is addicted to drugs and this is what she does.

So PayPal is telling me I’m fucked because I paid “friends and family”. PayPal is telling me the same thing. Police are no help.

Am I screwed? Should i post her number and have all of you call her to tell her to refund my $150 or we’ll call her every day?

Is that even legal? I think it is.

Thoughts? I’m not walking away from $150

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

1-Yes. 2-No. 3-Yes. 4- I'll keep them to myself.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Tyler Childers?

She did you a favor. Get over it. It’s not like it was going to be worth $150
    . . .

She seems fun. I’d say meet up with her and party. You paid for the drugs, might as well enjoy some of them

Haha. I can’t stand country but I think Tyler Childers is good. Plus “when in Nashville”

$150 for 2 tickets. I was getting one for a friend

You got grandma's number. Call and tell her she won tickets to a George Strait concert and you just need her cc info and ss# to verify her identity.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Call the police and get them involved - otherwise you are probably walking way from $150 since you have no tickets and no recourse through Paypal. Should have met her in person and seen the tickets at least.

Police may arrest her, and if it does go get prosecuted, then she will be tried and if convicted sentenced for the crime(s) she has committed. Part of the sentence maybe restitution to you. You will get $10 a month for 15 months if she does get clean, gets a job with enough earnings that she can have part of the paycheck each time turned over to the courts for the restitution.

Had a druggie sell his live in girl friend and mother of his child's merchandise to get high. Knew there were issues when the Cops came and confiscated the stolen property after the girlfriend or her parents filed charges against him a day or 2 later. He was sentenced to jail, served then once released and got a job checks finally 4 or 5 years later started showing up for $30 when the total loss was $350 or so dollars. Finally paid off (with some interest) probably 6 or 7 years later and made sort of whole on the deal. But could have had an easy relapse and not been clean and lost the job too during that period of a bit more than 1 year it took to get the payments.

Can we get Bobby to pick up the white courtesy phone?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You got grandma's number. Call and tell her she won tickets to a George Strait concert and you just need her cc info and ss# to verify her identity.
    ok, that's fucking funny.

TT, sorry, I got nothing for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^Ashlee went bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^Ashlee went bad?
    Fuck please say this isn't Ashlee.

Business may have slowed for Bobby. Or this is what she does while he's in Aspen.

Listen to Timberridge.....Or have one of your friends call her posing as a lawyer/ dentist and scare the shit out of her.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I may be out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Emily is numb enough on fentanyl to the point that a call from a lawyer isn't gonna bring her to Jesus on this one.

Now a call from Jesus may do the trick.

Swatting?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Go to Grandma's house and bust her and her place up.

Call Granny back and tell her you know she’s covering for Emily and you want your money and pay up. Tell granny you know people at social security and she’s getting cut off if she doesn’t send you a check and you know where she lives. And you’re in the house now!

Consider $150 to be a stupidity tax for sending money through the internet to someone on craigslist.

You'd think craigslist would be onto something like this.

Oh wait.

https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
    Avoiding Scams

Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.

• Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.

I send the money over facebook, using paypal
    $150? Lessson learned. Walk away. You got scammed over the internet by a drug addict. That's on you. The cops nor Facebook or Paypal care.

I feel for ya but online tickets? I heard they have cheap Rolexes in the bathroom at MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Go to Grandma's house and bust her and her place up.
    If she fights back and could possibly id you, pop a couple caps into the back of her head. Wipe the gun down carefully and leave the TV on.

this ^^ and use a revolver

no cartridges rolling around to connect you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Pics of Emily??
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

This all seems to be moving along on schedule for this place.

Except for busting up grandma's place. That's a new one. I like it though, could really liven up the trip to Nashvegas.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I may be out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Emily is numb enough on fentanyl to the point that a call from a lawyer isn't gonna bring her to Jesus on this one.

Now a call from Jesus may do the trick.
    Point taken.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

dog poop under her drug dealers door handles?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.