Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

trying to understand Look SPX heel mount issue

Picked up my new skis from having Look SPX bindings installed. Heel pieces are not centred ... 4mm on one side, measured just forward of brake, 9mm on other side at analogous location. Both skis offset in same direction. To the right, with the tips to the top.

Skis have 77mm waist.

Any shop guys .... can you provide an explanation for this (systematic) error? Just trying to understand wtf went wrong.

I suspect something with jig, since same problem on both skis.

Big bummer.

Thnx

Ya. Really fucking helpful.

I was asking experienced techs .... I guess you are not one.
    Last edited by georges de monquay; 02-04-2020 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Missing or shifted rubber pad on the jig. Tech should have checked, but you get what you pay for. MYOFS and you can only blame yourself.

Thanks for the insight. Where do you work? Maybe nextime I get skis mounted on a road trip I will visit you. Or not. Asshole!

Is there a forum for competent tech help?

The reason and the solution have both been given to you. Quit being a douche.

So you are saying that you highly trained techs don't routinely check basic shit when you mount bindings? You just drill away?

Inspires confidence.

Just so you don't get butt hurt, this is about transferring knowledge so you don't fuck up someone else's shiny new skis. View it as an opportunity to learn something.

Fucking children on this board!

Not children. Dentists who mount their own fucking skis.

Not sure why you'd let a shop mount your skis. That's the kind of mistake a dental technician would make.

Ah yes ... the response I predicted. Slow night on the forum. No real techs here with any insight.

Continue on ....

Quote Originally Posted by georges de monquay View Post
    Ah yes ... the response I predicted. Slow night on the forum. No real techs here with any insight.

Continue on ....
    Jig was fucked in some way. What more do you need to know?

Esteemed board member deepsouthmafia is the lead instructor of advanced sciences at the global ski technician institute. Please send him a PM describing your grievance in more detail. He has outright authority to pay out victims in these circumstances from the general fund and may even advance you something from petty cash to get you square.

77mm underfoot? Are you sure you’re in the right place? Greg@Alpinezone gives Epic(tm) technical advice to curious monkeys.

Thanks for the insight. Where do you work? Maybe nextime I get skis mounted on a road trip I will visit you. Or not. Asshole!
    What kind of insight were you hoping to receive? That your shitty skis were mounted with the new offset power drive technique? You asked a stupid question and got a straightforward answer. Read more, spew less and show yourself the door.

okay, dickless here's what yer gonna do

have your wife bring your shitty skis back to the shop, while she's out being a man in your stead you're gonna post up a picture of her tits

if you're lucky she'll bring back the roller skates she traded for and won't make you eat them

otherwise, take the sage advice offered here, step up your game or gtfo, JONG....

Silver lining: you kinda have that shop over a barrel.

While they’re getting you a new pair of skis they should be letting you ride any demo you want from their demo fleet.

If you want to be a cool customer, maybe remount at +/- a cm and take a nice pair of goggles or a gift cert or something like that for your trouble.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yo jong ive mounted more skis than anyone here
    mother fuckin period
    shit happens
    never pay someone for something you can do yourself
    it aint rocket science
    and read the fuckin minions sticky before you git butthurt about how this community works
    and pick a better handle
    fuckin max gooseys
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    yo jong ive mounted more skis than anyone here
    mother fuckin period
    Aha..... but have you mismounted more?

It’s possible I lead the league in sloppy ridiculous midnight substance abuse mismount emergency coverups.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

If you want to be a cool customer, maybe remount at +/- a cm and take a nice pair of goggles or a gift cert or something like that for your trouble.
    Somehow I don't think this guy is a cool customer.

In Salt Lake, Denver, Seattle...there should totally be a wolf of mismounts.

Just hauling ass around town in a wrx fixing fuckups left and right. Taking no shit from the Vincent Vegas of the back shop world.

Picked up my new skis from having Look SPX bindings installed. Heel pieces are not centred ... 4mm on one side, measured just forward of brake, 9mm on other side at analogous location. Both skis offset in same direction. To the right, with the tips to the top.

Skis have 77mm waist.
    What happened is that you bought skis with a 72mm waist. The savvy tech mounted the heel correctly to compensate - now you just have to grind off 5mm on the side of the ski that has the heel piece farther from the edge.

While some may recommend the Dewalt or Milwaukee angle grinder as the correct tool for the job, I prefer the Makita. Perhaps start a new thread on this important issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Pretty much what I expected for responses.

Now follow-up questions FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN / USED A LOOK SHOP JIG.

Does the jig have a centre line? Do jig feet need to be reversed / changed below a specified ski width?

JFC monkey man. Are you this big of an asshole in real life?
    Prior to this thread 5 posts completely lacking in stoke over 10 years and then you get all butthurt when people give you accurate answers and advice to a pretty fucking stupid question.
    In response to both of your most recent questions above - maybe. Depends on the jig. Jigs may or may not have a center line and may or may not have reversing rubber feet. Without knowing exactly what jig they used no-one can say more. Why don’t you go back to the shop and talk to a person there - be sure to bring your internet tough guy persona for best results.