Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    yo jong ive mounted more skis than anyone here
    mother fuckin period
    I'll take that bet.

as for the OP mount it reads like the jig was dropped and the risers the feet go on could be bent (on such a skinny ski mismounted feet would be pretty obvious)
    i once had a large resort account mount their entire demo fleet with a jig that had been dropped and the risers were bent in such a way
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by georges de monquay View Post
    Pretty much what I expected for responses.

Now follow-up questions FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN / USED A LOOK SHOP JIG.

Does the jig have a centre line? Do jig feet need to be reversed / changed below a specified ski width?
    pm skibrd. he's the master of jigs.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I'll take that bet.

as for the OP mount it reads like the jig was dropped and the risers the feet go on could be bent (on such a skinny ski mismounted feet would be pretty obvious)
    i once had a large resort account mount their entire demo fleet with a jig that had been dropped and the risers were bent in such a way
    you do know for the past decade ive mounted for an on line distributor that mounts more in a day than your shop does in a month
    ill check the numbers but I doubt you've ever done those kind of numbers brick and mortor
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I've mounted a fair share of skis with and without a jig, and I do get a kick out of everyone telling the inevitable jong who should probably be buying system binding skis to mount their own.

There are a few prerequisites to a successful home mount that I'm willing to bet are not in some guy named georges de monquay's kitchen tool drawer.

Dude, just take them back to the shop and make them make it right. They probably have 10 other pairs of fucked up SPX mounts that flew out the door.

SFB, everyone knows you're the big swinging dick of ski mounts. There's no need to defend yourself every time someone questions your girth in this area.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    pm skibrd. he's the master of jigs.
    Yep. That's him in the green shirt here:

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Well this is entertaining

OP what were you trying to get from this thread besides ridicule? Hopefully it wasn’t something you were going to tell the shop about how they fucked up. You lack knowledge to argue with a tech. They ducked it up - end of story

Just take the fucking skis back and tell them to make it right.

This is nice. An entertaining train wreck thread gets deleted and not minutes after I figure out that it and its fun are gone, this one springs up as a replacement. That's just good customer service.

It’s the rubber foot was slid down the jig. Really. Happened to my kids skis this year (in another thread). Distance is about 3-4 mm...exactly what yours are.

No center line on jigs

When slamming out skis it is super easy to miss, done it myself.

Take them back, get new skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Looks like we have ourselves a good old fashioned “mount off” between sfb and waxman.
    Place yer bets!

^^ Thanks for the insights detrusor. Appreciated.

Will remount +1 cm as the toes too are crooked. Seems the older Look jig accommodates narrower skis. You learn something every day.

you do know for the past decade ive mounted for an on line distributor that mounts more in a day than your shop does in a month
    ill check the numbers but I doubt you've ever done those kind of numbers brick and mortor
    no i didn't but i've probably remounted some of your mounts if they ship to Canada

tech since 85, worked for a couple of the biggest retailers in western Canada during the infamous 99$ ski sale heyday, when i was down to a mount in less than 4 minutes
    contracted to mount various large ski areas rental and demo fleets preseason (as in thousands of skis)
    manufacturers rep doing the same thing to support rental buys
    now slowing down in my little corner of heaven so maybe you beat today but lifetime?
    enough of the dick waving OP take the skis back and any legit store will set you straight
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Blah blah blah
    Mounts this, mounts that...
    WE TALKIN BOUT MISMOUNTS BRUH
    There’s no possible way any of you precise-ass professional motherfuckers lead me in mismounts.

Bury it in the woodpile behind the shop, take a sick day tomorrow, deny deny deny counter-accuse!

Shred the paperwork!

Shave your beard!

Change your name to Mike Smith and haul ass to Tijuana!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Blah blah blah
    There’s no possible way any of you precise-ass professional motherfuckers lead me in mismounts.

Bury it in the woodpile behind the shop, take a sick day tomorrow, deny deny deny counter-accuse!
    there used to be a big box store in Calgary with a trash compactor, I heard lots of screwups ended up in there
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Blah blah blah

I have a pair of skis where you can see that the tape stop on the drop but moved back a little bit with each hole. The base gets progressively thinner at each hole until I punched through. It may have been late at night. I may have had something to drink before starting. I definitely had a beer while mounting them

There also was the pair of skis we mounted at +a billion at 3-4am so a buddy could get his first real day of skiing in at the bird a few hours later. He kept them for a few more seasons though