Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FedEx Skis Arriving

Yes I know this isn't "tech talk" but it's about "tech" arriving. Maybe I should of put it in gear swap? Anyways, FedEx is scheduled to deliver some a pair of MVPs Keith made and they require an "indirect signature", which means "FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present". I'll be at work all day and no one will be home to sign. What happens to the package? Can I pick it up at a FedEx? I see there is also an option an for a FedEx Door Tag, anyone used one of these before?

it may be too late if this is arriving today, but a lot of times you can redirect the package to a fedex location and pick it up from there. I have often done this when ordering wine, because alcohol requires a signature.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

They will try and delivery it. No one will be there to sign, so delivery won't be successful. They should leave a door tag but honestly, even when they do leave them they only seem to work sometimes.

After first failed delivery attempt, go on FedEx.com with tracking number and have it redirected to a FedEx location and go pick it up, Easiest way to go if you won't be home.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

fyi, depending on the diligence of your fedex driver they may just leave the package. the best thing is like Danno says, reroute it to a fedex location and pick it up yourself

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    They will try and delivery it. No one will be there to sign, so delivery won't be successful. They should leave a door tag but honestly, even when they do leave them they only seem to work sometimes.

After first failed delivery attempt, go on FedEx.com with tracking number and have it redirected to a FedEx location and go pick it up, Easiest way to go if you won't be home.
    Looks like you can fill out a door tag ahead of time. Might give that a go. Got a ski trip planned for this weekend that I was hoping to take these out for a spin

FYI depending on the diligence of the driver they may not have the skis in 5he truck and they’ll just leave the little “we missed you” note.

I just leave a note for my fedex driver. Next time i see him he always asks to see the skis. Dudes a skier. I also offer him a snack which he digs.

For future deliveries (obviously not this delivery, 'coz it's too late) set up accounts: FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS My Choice.

You can manage delivery options, etc.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I just leave a note for my fedex driver. Next time i see him he always asks to see the skis. Dudes a skier. I also offer him a snack which he digs.
    I do this as well. Just a piece of paper on the door that says something like "Fedex - please leave package," with my signature at the bottom. Has always worked for indirect signatures. Doesn't work for direct signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    For future deliveries (obviously not this delivery, 'coz it's too late) set up accounts: FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS My Choice.

... Thom
    yep, it works great for most things (not phones, though).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, leave a note with your signature. BTW what's your address?

I also just leave a note for the driver with a signature.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

FedEx Skis Arriving

So apparently most of you are not scared like I am to have skis delivered to your house so your wife doesn’t find out... As Iggy stated when you get the delivery tracking number you are given the option for an alternative address/delivery destination... As soon as I get this I have it delivered to the nearest UPS or FedEx store so there is never a missed delivery or stolen item... My quiver is BIG time bloated so I have become very good friends with my local FedEx peeps...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Depending on the diligence of your driver, they may leave a mostly empty box with the corner gnawed open like as if a rabid raccoon thought there was a snack in there.

Name:  0617EC9C-3EEC-4E1C-9935-B16ECAF9A7B9.jpeg
Views: 493
Size:  50.1 KB

FedEx has fucked up every ski equipment-related delivery they have had for me this season. Unusual, but unfortunately the reality of 2019-2020.

Good luck.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

... Thom
    I tried this, and after registering (to manage a particular package delivery on it's way) they sent me a letter via USPS to complete my registration. The letter arrived weeks after my package was delivered, sigh.

I wouldn't just let my shit just get left at the door but my town has no home mail delivery its all PO boxes so if you order something just put yer PO box after the street address on the delivery adress line and the courier delivers it to the post office which is way easier for him and I just pick it up ... pretty handy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Wait, you’re saying there’s thievery in Canadadia? Do they leave an apology note?

you know when they say sorry all the time ... thats code for fuck you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just spent three days dicking with FedEx. Finally got my package (four bottles of wine ) Don't believe anything they say or what the website says, they will do what ever the fuck they want and there is not shit you can do about it. UPS is way better, but they are know to screw the pooch as well. Is it any wonder Amazon is eating their lumch?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

For what it's worth I called and it was delayed because of "weather". I'm suspicious because the weather was just rain. Anyways I left a signed Door Tag on my doorstep and they left the skis.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    For what it's worth I called and it was delayed because of "weather". I'm suspicious because the weather was just rain. Anyways I left a signed Door Tag on my doorstep and they left the skis.
    I got an email ('coz I have a FedEx account). System wide delays due to crazy weather at the Memphis hub. Of course, this may not apply to your package.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

well played

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yeah, leave a note with your signature. BTW what's your address?
    LOL
    "Not all who wander are lost"

For what it's worth, the weather could be in Katmandu.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ah yes...the old "weather" excuse. I had that - for 5 days - while it sat at a facility I could not contact that was 18 miles from my house. There was no "weather" the entire time it was there. Sun and warm temps. Fuck FedEx...
    Gravity. It's the law.