Mammut Alugator Pro Light Shovel

Does anybody use this shovel? I found a good deal on one, just wondering if it is robust enough for real digging or if I will break it on any hard debris.
    Last edited by Gri_C_Rentsch; 02-03-2020 at 06:56 PM.

I have no idea about that shovel, but dude... buck up for a good shovel.

It's a legit shovel, it meets the UIAA standards. I have the regular Alugator Light (idk what the Pro light is) and have had it for 2ish seasons now. It'll move snow for sure. I've dug out my car a number of times, dug out plow debris, snow pits, and so on. It's not gonna break on hard debris, mine has shoveled road ice and is fine. It is every bit as robust as my heavier, more cumbersome but-the-blade-actually-doesnt-measure-much-larger BD that nobody would bat an eye at.

Whether you're better off with a larger blade depends probably on your size / upper body strength but for someone my size it's great. Definitely a real shovel, as opposed to the CAMP Crest and family.

I have the Alugator Ride, which I've found to be a phenomenal shovel. The difference is mostly that the Pro has the plow functionality and the Pro Light just has some metal cutouts to make it lighter (has cutouts in the spade itself).

Otherwise, the shovel has the same dimensions and serrated edge as mine. Shovel is great, doubt you can go wrong with the pro light. Also, the Mammut T-handle has a little depression in it to accommodate a mitten so it handles nearly as well traditional shovel handle. I think the Pro has a traditional handle though.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

I've got two Alugator Light shovels, like them a lot. Nice and compact when you're already carrying a lot of gear.

Bent the side of the blade on one using it like an axe to break 5" of solid ice off a rope line, but it wasn't bad and straightened right out with a crescent wrench. I consider that usage abuse, and am impressed with these.

I just got two to replace arva carbon which blade insertion point fit scrunched and the blade Cannot go in handle. May have also been operator error for using blade as a tool to slide down large rock

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)