Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eddie Bauer on-line is the biggest piece of shit customer service EVER !!!

My sister ordered my kid a microtherm hoody for Xmas that needed to be exchanged for a different color. We tried contacting local retail locations for an exchange but couldn't find one. I tried checking their inventory on-line and left dazed and confused, the qty changed every 15 seconds from NO eta to 15. i tried chatting on line without much success, called and spoke to rep one who didn't speak english very well or figure out their inventory system. Tried calling back and spoke to rep 2 who assured me they had plenty of inventory and to just send the coat back and the exchange would be made "promptly". I package and send back using the prepaid USPS label(critical mistake on my part was not snapping a photo of said tracking number). I attempt to look into the status after 2 weeks and was informed that they can't really help me until 21 days after shipping. By the way their "chat" is unavailable more than it's available , if you try calling their "returns" line you get a prerecorded message stating they can't track right now and won't be able to until 4 AM the next day. I wait another week and contact them and now they are telling me the return has been received but they can't tell if the coat has been shipped so I ask for a manager, transferred to another rep/manager/whatever informs me a replacement has been shipped but they don't have any tracking information and it won't show up in their system until the order "closes" which is when I receive the product. Fuck me, I just want to be able to send a coat back and exchange for a different size without having to wait a freaking month. I know Eddie Bauer has been hanging on for dear life for over a decade but man this is worse than ordering husky size toughskins then trying to exchange for a slim mail order from Sears cerca 74'.

Just trying to get a men's large black microtherm hoody, you would think that would be a well stocked item that they could turn around in a few days after receiving the original coat. Eddie Bauer online fullfilment---FUUUUUUUK YOOOOOUUUU. I won't be buying anything from them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    that needed to be exchanged for a different color...... I just want to be able to send a coat back and exchange for a different size
    Maybe you confused them?

Pics of the sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That’s a bummer. I have had no issues with return/exchange with items. Really like their clothes when they run their huge sales.

Dude I have Comcast. Cry me a river.

Mrs. C. buys a lot through Eddie Bauer online, and just returns stuff to the local store. No need to ship anything back if there's a B&M store near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mrs. C. buys a lot through Eddie Bauer online, and just returns stuff to the local store. No need to ship anything back if there's a B&M store near you.
    Called 3 local stores but no size/color.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Maybe you confused them?

Pics of the sister?
    Doctor married to a PHD, you don't want to touch or see that kind of crazy. Buying a gallon of milk requires a fucking dissertation with them........

did realize they were still in business
    should have bought Patagonia

man this is worse than ordering husky size toughskins then trying to exchange for a slim mail order from Sears cerca 74'..
    Best part of this whole rant. I wasn’t born til 77, but I definitely wore some toughskins as a kid. Memories

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Dude I have Comcast. Cry me a river.
    Dude. That's awful.

But still 18,456x better than CenturyLink.

@danno can confirm.

Hahaha, jokes still on me. Just spent 20 minutes on-line waiting to "chat" with customer service, first in que then I get a message on-line chat is unavailable . I wonder if they owe their CS contractor so much money their service runs out until Eddie Bauer wire more money on a daily basis ?

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Best part of this whole rant. I wasn’t born til 77, but I definitely wore some toughskins as a kid. Memories
    Gotta love those patches inside the knees. You knew you were a lardass when your mom had to get "husky" size.

I haven't bought anything from them in years, but way back when, my wife had a long winter coat that she was wearing when she was prego. Stretched the thing out so bad that the zipper broke. The coat was several years old and we figured it was her fault, but a friend told us of their great warranty and said they would repair it. We took it to the store and explained what happened and they gave us full credit no questions asked. Maybe things have changed since then....

I worked at the corporate office for a bit, yea, the distribution center customer service is horrid.

I ordered some First Ascent bibs, after 2 months of horrible back and fourth they finally tell me they are out of stock and can’t send my bibs. This was while I was an employee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I haven't bought anything from them in years, but way back when, my wife had a long winter coat that she was wearing when she was prego. Stretched the thing out so bad that the zipper broke. The coat was several years old and we figured it was her fault, but a friend told us of their great warranty and said they would repair it. We took it to the store and explained what happened and they gave us full credit no questions asked. Maybe things have changed since then....
    The problem with Edie Bauer is they still sell the same coat for $400 and wonder why they haven't been relevent for 25 years.

The problem with Edie Bauer is they still sell the same coat for $400 and wonder why they haven't been relevent for 25 years.
    Well now, there's your problem. You need to be talking to Edie's brother, Eddie.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well now, there's your problem. You need to be talking to Edie's brother, Eddie.
    Hmmmm, maybe I've been calling the Chinese knock off Edie Bauer customer service ? Not the real deal...

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Sounds like dealing with customer service at my job.
    They must run SAP.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought Lynsey Dyer handled customer service?

Tell your kid to wear the puffy in pink and stfu

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    That is funny as f*ck.

Gotta love those patches inside the knees. You knew you were a lardass when your mom had to get "husky" size.
    Huskys from the 70s would probably be slim fits today.

Still nowhere near as bad as Scarpa's customer service. They just ignore their customers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Tried that color, they were out for 18 months.

Called 3 local stores but no size/color.
    No, just return in store. Reorder new color or size online.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.