Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    No, just return in store. Reorder new color or size online.
    Yeah, that's where the fiasco happened. Tried to exchange at a store, checked DC inventory that showed a long back order at which point the sales person recommended I call in to customer support due to the fact their inventory system isn't always accurate. Trust me this isn't my first rodeo dealing with a product exchange with a retailer/etailer. In fact I deal with quite a few distributors for various products for work and this situation is a special kind of fucked up.

If Eddy Bauer sucks so bad just start giving your money to Patagucci. Sorry for the thread drift here folks but just thought I'd pipe in and say that very recently I once again had a great warranty experience with Patagonia. And one garment was a zipper failure on a seriously old garment whereby I would have fully felt it would have been reasonable for them to play 'exceeding the reasonable lifespan of the garment card, but nope, the honoured their warranty. You can trash them all you want but Patagonia is STILL the Iron Clad Warranty World Heavy Weight Champion (and a 1% for the earth company to boot).

Mrs. C. buys a lot through Eddie Bauer online, and just returns stuff to the local store. No need to ship anything back if there's a B&M store near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Called 3 local stores but no size/color.
    Yeah, that's where the fiasco happened. Tried to exchange at a store, checked DC inventory that showed a long back order at which point the sales person recommended I call in to customer support due to the fact their inventory system isn't always accurate. Trust me this isn't my first rodeo dealing with a product exchange with a retailer/etailer. In fact I deal with quite a few distributors for various products for work and this situation is a special kind of fucked up.
    I think you're missing something critical. Return in store. Not exchange, return. Order online. From what you describe, this simple change would have made your whole experience vastly different.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Still nowhere near as bad as Scarpa's customer service. They just ignore their customers I guess.
    I am lucky that they are located here in Boulder. I have had broken buckles a couple of times, I just walk in to their warranty department and buy a replacement part. They usually have used ones for cheap.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I ordered a ski coat from Eddie Bauer online for my wife this year, as a Christmas present. Couple days later got an email telling me the coat was in fact out of stock. Well then why the fuck did you let me order it and pay for it? I guess their online ordering system isn't synced with their inventory, at least not in real time.

Too bad, I thought it looked like a nice coat for a good price. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think you're missing something critical. Return in store. Not exchange, return. Order online. From what you describe, this simple change would have made your whole experience vastly different.
    I tried to go that route at a physical store, they showed NO INVENTORY without an ETA at which point it was recommended by the sales associate at the physical store to call back and check inventory status for an exchange. I was informed that physical store, online and amazon all run differently while using the same master inventory and the real time inventory is hard to tell.

It seems like in 2020 a simple product exchange should be a fairly simple process but I guess having some expectation of transparency and a simple exchange of product is too much to ask of a company.

The problem was when I tried to go that route at a physical store they showed NO INVENTORY without an ETA at which point it was recommended by the sales associate at the physical store to call back and check inventory status for an exchange. I was informed that physical store, online and amazon all run differently while using the same master inventory and the real time inventory is hard to tell.
    I think the point that Danno and I are trying to make here is this: just return your unwanted purchases in the B&M store. Get a refund on the spot.

Go try ordering a totally new order online. If it's not available, no big deal. You have not lost any money.

This way, you avoid having Eddie Bauer lose your exchange and/or not refund you properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am lucky that they are located here in Boulder. I have had broken buckles a couple of times, I just walk in to their warranty department and buy a replacement part. They usually have used ones for cheap.
    Want to do me a favor and walk in and see if they have a ski/walk mechanism replacement pin for my Maestrale RS'? Of course, beer money and shipping would be on me.

Go try ordering a totally new order online.
    At Patagonia.

I think the point that Danno and I are trying to make here is this: just return your unwanted purchases in the B&M store. Get a refund on the spot.

Go try ordering a totally new order online. If it's not available, no big deal. You have not lost any money.

This way, you avoid having Eddie Bauer lose your exchange and/or not refund you properly.
    My point is a simple exchange shouldn't take 30 plus days with zero transparency. It's no wonder they have been circling the drain for the last 15 years. You can't give real time inventory and order/return/exchange status for 21 days in 2020 as a major retailer ? I guess I'm just expecting a bit too much. Looks like plenty of online reviews staying the same things I have experienced from them so at least I'm not the only sucker.

Ya so sometimes the inventory gets all fucked up

especialy by the programs written by them fucking college boys
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Y'all are mansplainin. He doesn't want (an easy and eminently workable) solution, he just wants to bitch.

I have some experience in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Y'all are mansplainin. He doesn't want (an easy and eminently workable) solution, he just wants to bitch.

Someone complain they had holes in their cookies?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I dunno, they keep me away from the customers. Well from all of it, actually. Probably a wise decision on their part, god knows they wouldn't want to do anything practical..

I don't have any recourse for an easy and eminently workable solution at this point due to the fact I followed their recommendation and instruction of sending the item in for an exchange. Yes you are right, I want to bitch about it and get my kid's coat in 30 days(maybe even a tracking number). I should have just bought a few chicks and let them grow a bit, pluck the down and sewn a coat. It certainly would have been faster. If you order something from EB DON'T EVER return anything to their Ohio warehouse, just return it to their store and pray when you reorder their inventory might be correct.

Noted.

Dude I have Comcast. Cry me a river.
    [/end thread]

std : : rename "The Art of Making Poor Decisions"

/.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

well just gona point out

buddy is fat and slow
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sounds like a true pain in the ass, but "biggest piece of shit customer service EVER!!!"--there's a lot of competition for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "biggest piece of shit customer service EVER!!!"--there's a lot of competition for that title.
    Comcast won the title multiple times.

https://consumerist.com/2014/04/08/c...ica/index.html

That's what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Comcast won the title multiple times.

https://consumerist.com/2014/04/08/c...ica/index.html
    So weird as i had Comcast for years and never had a bad experience with either the service or customer service. Lots of people can be shitty to customer service individuals, myself included sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Want to do me a favor and walk in and see if they have a ski/walk mechanism replacement pin for my Maestrale RS'? Of course, beer money and shipping would be on me.
    problem is I work in Denver, and have to plan any trips there (or any Boulder errands) on days I am working from home. I'll give a shout next time I am, but it might be a while. Maybe another Boulder mag who is in town during the day can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude. That's awful.

But still 18,456x better than CenturyLink.

@danno can confirm.
    truth