Salt Lake Shuttle

Need round trip transportation for 6 SLC to Park City President's Day weekend (--> Friday <-- Tuesday).

Google works, but any mag recommendations for shuttle service?

Canyon Transportation is a pretty big operation and has always been reliable for me. I have an independent guy with a big SUV I use (can't remember if it's a Suburban or an Expedition but it's nice), he's a good guy and very reliable but won't be your cheapest option but PM me if you want his info. Uber also works fine.

Powder Pipeline is another good shuttle service.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Canyon Transportation is a pretty big operation and has always been reliable for me. I have an independent guy with a big SUV I use (can't remember if it's a Suburban or an Expedition but it's nice), he's a good guy and very reliable but won't be your cheapest option but PM me if you want his info. Uber also works fine.
    I've always used Canyon but they also almost killed us once trying to drive from snowbird to the airport in a snowstorm. Non AWD shuttle bus, slid 1/3 of the turns, almost skidded straight off the side (and correction almost put us into the mountain on the other side). Driver looked sick to his stomach by the time it was over. Everyone kissed the pavement when we got off.

we always used express shuttle 1-800-397-0773. granted the last time we used them was 2011 so I have no idea if they are still in business, but in the day they were consistently cheaper than Canyon with no complaints on service. in the day they would let you do a grocery stop as well no charge.
    "Can't you see..."

It would be interesting to see how the price balances out. I use Canyon, but I am usually alone. It's always been 40$ each way. And they have been very reliable. But 40$ times 6 people is spendy. Once your in Park City public transit is very doable if your willing to plan ahead and keep a schedule. But! Say you decide you want to go to another area on the West side LCC BCC Town? If it were me? with 6 people and all their stuff. I would probably line up 2 SUV's A big one and a full. Say a Suburban and a Tahoe. Or Expedition and Explorer. My guess it ends up being cheaper. And give you lots of flexibility. 6 people with luggage and gear are not going to run like a Swiss watch.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Same dude?!?

Nah, we used Larry for years but he retired or something, I lost track of him. Hopefully he's still alive but I dunno, he was pretty old. Then there was Ashley, I think you might have known him, but he stopped driving and got into property management in Park City. Then we used Canyon for a while, then I met this dude at the airport while he was waiting for a passenger and i was waiting for my ride on Canyon and we started chatting.

So last year I booked the guy to take us up at Christmas. And it was absolutely sketchy as fuck getting up the canyon, raining down low but turning to sleet and then wet snow, a lot of it, completely unplowed, as you went up. It was windy as shit, foggy as fuck (you literally couldn't see 20 feet at times). And, dude is from India. Which wasn't reassuring. But which turned out to be about my own prejudices and not about him because he aced it, stone cold smooth and safe the whole way up. So I like the guy.

Park City Transportation. Opt for the Suburban.
    Canyon transportation to the cottonwoods....PC Transportation to P.C.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nah, we used Larry for years but he retired or something, I lost track of him. Hopefully he's still alive but I dunno, he was pretty old. Then there was Ashley, I think you might have known him, but he stopped driving and got into property management in Park City. Then we used Canyon for a while, then I met this dude at the airport while he was waiting for a passenger and i was waiting for my ride on Canyon and we started chatting.

So last year I booked the guy to take us up at Christmas. And it was absolutely sketchy as fuck getting up the canyon, raining down low but turning to sleet and then wet snow, a lot of it, completely unplowed, as you went up. It was windy as shit, foggy as fuck (you literally couldn't see 20 feet at times). And, dude is from India. Which wasn't reassuring. But which turned out to be about my own prejudices and not about him because he aced it, stone cold smooth and safe the whole way up. So I like the guy.
    Larry and Ash! Thanks for the walk down BCC memory lane...
    Ash was a savvy operator, bet he has a lucrative buis in PC.

Yeah Ash is a smart cat, he kept the driving business going while he got the PC stuff working and when that was going good he bailed on the driving, I think it was probably a good move for him.

Did somebody say Ashy Larry?