Black Crows Nocta - 186 18/19 - Mint

So...got a new pow ski which means I'm parting ways with these. 5 days on them (this season). Fun, playful shape but I have to keep the quiver at 3 to appease the lady (one day I'll have a garage to store all my gear...). Mounted once with BD Helio 200s at recommended for a 312 BSL. The setup came in around 4.8lbs a ski and I'd definitely recommend it to any buyer. Bases are mint, as are the topsheets, holes are clean. $400 plus shipping fair? Or I can meet up in Reno/Tahoe.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noctatop.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	313523

Name:	noctabases.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	313524

Name:	noctamount.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	313525

Monday bump.

Alright, how about $350 split shipping?

Weekend bump.

Someone snag these and ski 'em.

Name:	IMG_9738.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	292.5 KB 
ID:	315528
    Nocta stoke

Super tempted. Am trying to fill my Mt Bachelor powder day spot and was thinking of holding out for Billygoats but these skis at this price are very intriguing.

Can anyone comment on PNW resort usage? I read the last thread about them in TT and it sounded like people are liking them on the west coast despite lighter weight?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    Super tempted. Am trying to fill my Mt Bachelor powder day spot and was thinking of holding out for Billygoats but these skis at this price are very intriguing.

Can anyone comment on PNW resort usage? I read the last thread about them in TT and it sounded like people are liking them on the west coast despite lighter weight?

TahoeBC uses in Tahoe which is similar snow???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post

I've been using them in Tahoe and they handled the snow here great. They're not going to be the ski I take out a few days after a storm if the snow has warmed and gotten super chopped up but during storm cycles and a day or two afterwards they ski heavier pow really well. What specifically are you wondering?

I guess more curious in general resort usage which means chopped up pow and crud and getting back to the lift in one piece. This would be the fattiest ski I have owned. A lot of reviews seem to suggest this is a great heli ski but need something not quite as one dimensional. Have a 106 daily driver so would be a storm cycle only ski.

Personally I think it'd be great for that, especially if you have a daily driver in the quiver already. Since the ski has a little bit of sidecut to it you can still turn on groomers and kinda finesse your way through really chopped up sections if needed. Someone else feel free to chime in though. I know TahoeJ has a pair and might be able to give some input.

I use the 186 in Tahoe (but pic is from Castle Mtn, Alberta) and am digging it. FYI, I’m about 170# in street clothes and ski fast but don’t have a “heavy” touch

They're just collecting dust...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Personally I think it'd be great for that, especially if you have a daily driver in the quiver already. Since the ski has a little bit of sidecut to it you can still turn on groomers and kinda finesse your way through really chopped up sections if needed. Someone else feel free to chime in though. I know TahoeJ has a pair and might be able to give some input.
    They do pretty well in chopped up heavier snow, when you consider how playful they can be. Surprisingly quick edge to edge for 122 underfoot. They're way better on groomers than any ski over 115mm I've been on.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    They do pretty well in chopped up heavier snow, when you consider how playful they can be. Surprisingly quick edge to edge for 122 underfoot. They're way better on groomers than any ski over 115mm I've been on.
    Agree with this. My home mountain is Hood and they do well enough in the heavy chop here. I have a pair of Bibby 190s that are way, way better in the chop, but Noctas do well for their weight. Also, Noctas are stupid fun--very playful and pivot so easily with the full rocker and low swing weight. I almost always end up grabbing the Noctas unless it's hard pack.

Sold!