Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RTIC Portable Grills

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/foo...ll-by-RTIC-Red

Any one tried these out yet? They look pretty intriguing for cooking in the parking lot, throwing in the boat for a river side lunch etc...
    I am tempted but would like to hear the mag dentist experiences before throwing down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

That thing looks awesome for river trips. I'm curious if anyone has any real life experience with it before dropping the cash .

I saw that too and was kinda tempted by it. That said, I'm not sure how much use it'd get since my little Weber q1200 works so well for tailgating and car camping.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Seems spendy for a stand and and a stainless pan. I like a turkey fryer base and what ever pan I choose. The key is the BTU's but at that price I'm sure it puts out heat. I'd be concerned about trashing the cooking surface and the price and difficulty in replacing it.

saw this email come through and it’s tempting AF

For about 70 bucks less you could get a Southwest Discada plow disc with adjustable height burner... would lack the slick red powder coating but has been used for a decade-plus with pretty-rave reviews. https://www.southwestdisk.com

Seems just as portable (if not more so)... and it's already proven with the overland crowd. I have Discada but, truth be told, it's still too bulky for ski lot dining. I guess I'm just a pb&j kind of guy.

I'd hate to have to clean that thing every time. Char-Broil Gril2go for me. The thing rocks and is half the price. I don't cook soup on my grill though

RTIC Portable Grills

Saw something very similar early last fall in a grocery aisle chip display and the search began. We were looking for something portable for the boat, river trips, parking lot etc. Ended up going a bit more portable with the Snow Peak GigaPower li stove.

https://snowpeak.com/products/gigapower-li-stove

I don't understand the competitive advantage of the product over a portable tabletop grill plus a truck tailgate, picnic table, stump or rock. Add a solid surface with a grill mat, etc. Or a couple frying pans and msr's.

I may just not get out enough, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All good points, mooseknuckles I am looking for the same use more focused towards river trips, some car camping with the occasional ski lot bbq. Although I also tend towards the pb&j crowd when skiing.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Looks like a portable skillet to me

For what it's worth, I've found these little butane cassette stoves to be cheap, portable, and versatile. I have a couple of them and they get more use than my mini Weber for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Iwatani-Corpo.../dp/B006H42TVG
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Teleee... your top priority usage was our driving purpose too. Stability to support cast iron pans and Dutch ovens riverside was also high on the list.

Here was the inspirational piece
    Name:  IMG_1827.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  169.9 KB

What do you people use for grease runoff capture on flat tops when out camping/floating/tailgating?

I’ve been intrigued to get a camp chef double w/ a cast iron flat top but I’ve watched a party size batch of bacon just drip all over the dirt. Surely there’s a good solution?

Yeah, my msr international whatever it's called (with it's own stand) holds all my cast iron pans and fits in a pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yeah, my msr international whatever it's called (with it's own stand) holds all my cast iron pans and fits in a pocket.

You put your cast iron pans in your pocket?

I've had this one for well over a decade and it has seen hundreds and hundreds of uses from rafting, to tailgating, and general purpose outside grill.

It has a cast iron cooking service that gets really hot if I want it to. So many grilled delights on this thing. I'll probably fire it up tonight for some flank steak pinwheels.

https://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-TQ22...679706&sr=8-13

It used to be call the "O-Grill". It has earned it's nickname on the river many times. It's even beyond a running joke at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    You put your cast iron pans in your pocket?

Fuck yeah. Expedition fit.

Kind of a niche item. Pricey it is.

You could get a banjo burner for less than half and figure out some removable legs for it. Rattle can red all the metal bits. Use the CI pans and ovens you already have.

Check out the home brew websites. Also check for after sale turkey fryers.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    What do you people use for grease runoff capture on flat tops when out camping/floating/tailgating?

I’ve been intrigued to get a camp chef double w/ a cast iron flat top but I’ve watched a party size batch of bacon just drip all over the dirt. Surely there’s a good solution?
    Different genre maybe, but this has a grease trap and I just hang a can to catch runoff:
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/camp-c...saAkAFEALw_wcB

It looks like this thing rebadged:

https://www.firedisccookers.com/?utm...IaAt9CEALw_wcB

Those were hitting my Instagram ads hard a few months ago... it’s cool, but definitely a single use / limiting piece of equipment...

That snowpeak stove though... that’s nice.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Different genre maybe, but this has a grease trap and I just hang a can to catch runoff:
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/camp-c...saAkAFEALw_wcB
    That's exactly what i'm referring to

but

More interested in the can arrangement...is there a hook or funnel location for it? Do you just have to jury-rig something yourself? Just wondering what you folks that have them do...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've had this one for well over a decade and it has seen hundreds and hundreds of uses from rafting, to tailgating, and general purpose outside grill.

It has a cast iron cooking service that gets really hot if I want it to. So many grilled delights on this thing. I'll probably fire it up tonight for some flank steak pinwheels.

https://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-TQ22...679706&sr=8-13

It used to be call the "O-Grill". It has earned it's nickname on the river many times. It's even beyond a running joke at this point.
    This one intrigues me, it could fit the bill, do you cook with pots and pans on it?

Snowpeak is nice but damn...$$$

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    This one intrigues me, it could fit the bill, do you cook with pots and pans on it?
    Absolutely, although it is a single element, so not a whole lot of multitasking temp wise.