A few (week)days in Nashville. What to do?

I have to go to Nashville for a work thing next week. Arrive Monday afternoon, leave Friday afternoon.

Actually, it’s not even really even IN Nashville. The convention is at the Gaylord Opryland Resort (not making that up).

Monday night I’m laying low as I have to be on-point Tuesday morning. Otherwise I can pretty much go unnoticed.

I’ve never been to TN and I don’t see me returning anytime real soon. So... what’s not to miss?

Tyler Childers is playing at the Ryman Auditorium on Thursday night. It’s sold out but I may just go to the venue and hope to score a ticket. I saw him last summer in Telluride and he was awesome. Not at all into country music but that dude is an amazing songwriter and musician. Tickets are over $100 on stub hub which may be worth it just to get out of the hotel and work-related functions.

Anyone have any tips?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Paging Mr. Mike........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Mr. Stainless to the white courtesy phone.

Nashville is good time, but seriously, vibes on the Gaylord. It has to be the biggest hotel/convention center east of the Mississippi. And it’s about as awesome as that sounds.

It’s not all country by any stretch, there’s amazing music behind 7 out of every 10 doors in town I’ve found.

Eat. Throw a dart at any place on Eater’s hot list - last time there we really enjoyed Henrietta Red.

Go walk around Vanderbilt.

Console a Titans fan; catch a Preds game?
    I still call it The Jake.

Johnny Cash museum is a good diversion. If the weather is nice, the riverside park is a nice walk. Hatch Print for some cool posters as souvenirs. Definitely splurge on the Ryman for anything, a very historic place. Watch the bachelorette parties squeal and stagger through town, it's a big destination for that. Tons of bars on main street, but there's a cool few speakeasy type bars off the main drag. Nashville is also a big foodie town, believe it or not. There's a lot of young chefs from all over who came there to cook. Use Yelp and whatever other review apps to find a few places. Dont settle for crap food.
    That town is a lot of fun. Lots of energy. I liked Memphis more, though. Soul, not country.

Only home Preds game is Thursday night. There is probably a site somewhere that lists music venues.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Go thrash some high end consigned cars at a car lot and walk out with all your pockets stuffed with snacks and drinks from the show room.

Good suggestions here so far. As a single, this time of the year, and on weekdays, you probably don't even need a reservation to get a bar seat or a table at a good restaurant, and, as mentioned above, there are a ton of them here now. Germantown, which is where Henrietta Red's mentioned above, is located, has a several within a few blocks. You could just restaurant/pub crawl that neighborhood one night. 12South is another neighborhood where you can do the same. If you have a specific type of food or style of restaurant you want to check out, post here and I'll help out. If you decide you want to do the lower Broadway crawl one night, my favorite spot is Robert's Western Wear. It still feels real. Most of lower Broad no longer does. Even if you don't get into the Ryman for a show, it's worth a few minutes to tour during the day. Country Music Hall of Fame is worth a couple of hours too.

I ran a few large conventions at the Gaylord back in the day. It was clean and the service was reasonably good. Other than that .... vibes.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I would highly recommend catching a show at the Ryman. Went there solo once to catch Tedeschi Trucks and was blown away by the history, the quality of sound and frankly by the whole experience. $100 for the experience is cheap in my oh not so humble experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Test drive some exotic cars with Bobby!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app