Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 Quiver Ski?

1 Quiver Ski?

Been riding the Salomon QST 99s but will be looking for a new ski setup that will allow me to advance my abilities at the resort but still be a free ride/backcountry ski. Been snowboarding for 30 years but looking to advance my skiing ability for some AT that’s not as fun on a split. Two sticks I’m currently contemplating is the Line Sick Day 108, but would love any feedback on the BD Boundary Pro 107.

I’m not a proponent of the one ski quiver. But recently got a pair of QST 106s, new green model. They’re about as versatile of ski as I’ve ever been on. Also a huge fan of the 4frnt devestator but might not be as friendly for skinning.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I recommend the Tech Talk 107.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I recommend the Tech Talk 107.
    That thing's a piece of shit. OP needs the Wrong Forum Jong 105. In red, obviously.

Praxis Rx

Whichever of the Tech Talk models you choose make sure you get the 195's. You're going to want to charge.

I thought the tech talk XXL in Black was the obvious choice.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Height and weight? And the one-ski quiver is impossible. 1996 is calling and asking for your bota bag back.

For a forum titled Ski/snowboard with a sub-forum of “general ski/snowboard discussion” I see there are a bunch of winners around these parts. If you guys want a tech talk about skis in tech talk, maybe you should hound the mods into putting a tech talk under each section? For those that chimed in, appreciate it.

Kastle FX 96
    Stockli Stormrider 95

Quote Originally Posted by Chukwithak View Post
    For a forum titled Ski/snowboard with a sub-forum of “general ski/snowboard discussion” I see there are a bunch of winners around these parts. If you guys want a tech talk about skis in tech talk, maybe you should hound the mods into putting a tech talk under each section? For those that chimed in, appreciate it.
    Good! Use your aggressive feelings JONG.

When you find a ski that is both light and heavy you let us all know.

Wait til the jong asks what light heavyweight AT binding he should buy for his 1 ski quiver.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fatypus Mack 5 and a can of red spraypaint.

If you’re out west you could do worse than the last two year’s Black Crows Corvus. My new daily driver.

Oh, Tech Talk JONG!

If you can get your hands on some Soul 7s, they are perfect for what you describe.

^^^The pinnacle of ski design and performance!

Oh yea, read and learn JONG
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...HE-RIGHT-PLACE

Hi Chukwithak! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posing such an innocent query? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a "mature" winter sports forum that understood the passion of snowriders like yourself and shared your intellect as well as your deep passion for the sport? Well there is! I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite all you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage for your photos, videos etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi Chukwithak! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posing such an innocent query? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a "mature" winter sports forum that understood the passion of snowriders like yourself and shared your intellect as well as your deep passion for the sport? Well there is! I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite all you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage for your photos, videos etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Tell me more about the superfiber please.
    I’ve just about had it around here

Quote Originally Posted by pureshred View Post
    Praxis Rx
    Funny. Also funny is a pair o praxis BC 180 blemished graphic is 560 bucks right now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

My 1 ski quiver is QST 118/ mounted with shifts

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Tell me more about the superfiber please.
    I’ve just about had it around here
    This is the superfiber

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I strongly believe in one quiver for skiing.

The system was working fine before you got here. Nobody else seems to have any problems figuring this out so maybe it's you?

For those that chimed in, appreciate it.
    Post a pic of your wife's tits.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I strongly believe in one quiver for skiing.

xd

I prefer many different types of skis> You want something at least 95mm underfoot on Pow days.
    … that same ski will suck ass on a bullet proof dense day /b2's on ice
    … low coverage /i'd never get out my czar's on those days..b3 beaters all the way.
    … maybe a high speed groomer day is on my mind/ 193 skinny K2s from the 90's(my longest ski by far .. usually on 178's)

?do you really want to carve icy snow on a 125 mm tip that has been dulled for powder days?
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz