Level 9
    Or leave

No one goes to 11
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Keystone?!?
    No. Bunny Ranch usually.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Where in FL? I hear ya on the expense, but I have a buddy that lives at the bottom of LCC, so our home mtn is Alta.
    My FL kids are pretty damn good skiers for the amount of on snow time they have had.

Try SLC sometime. Easy drive from the airport, direct flights, and easy to stay in Sandy and do the short commute to LCC or BCC.
    Kick that CO habit. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PSIA only has levels through 3. You could ask for a divisional clinic leader (DCL) or examiner, but a full cert (level 3) should be able to handle anything the OP throws at them.
    That’s what they want you to think.

OP should insist on level 4 or above.

And, of course, tip appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Where in FL? I hear ya on the expense, but I have a buddy that lives at the bottom of LCC, so our home mtn is Alta.
    My FL kids are pretty damn good skiers for the amount of on snow time they have had.

Try SLC sometime. Easy drive from the airport, direct flights, and easy to stay in Sandy and do the short commute to LCC or BCC.
    Florida Man Tries To Get More Skiers To Utah, Locals Sigh Loudly.

Ignore the people who pooh pooh lessons. Pro patrollers take lessons. I've only taken a few privates. I'd say that if you get a couple of important techniques in a lesson you're doing well. There's only so much you can absorb and then you have to practice it and practice it. Squaw used to have a deal--a discount 2 hr lesson at 9AM, which I thought was perfect. Now half day is as short as they offer and the price is absurd. So my advice is to take no more than a two hour if you can Unless it's a powder day of course.
    A few years ago I took a couple of clinics for over 50 skiers. Although there was a pretty broad range of ability I got a couple of things from them.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post

Tampa Bay area. My six year old is on the edge of this being her breakout year and no longer needing lessons. We brought her up one day this past trip but she wasn't quite ready so it was a long day and back to ski school for the remainder. I'm cramming in a bunch of trips to hopefully wrap up with lessons so she can come with us; those lessons add up quick. For kids now though, at least at Keystone, they have an "ultimate 4's" package where about $100 more gets you a maximum of four students group, and two of the days it was just her and one other kid, so that worked out well.

We do mostly DEN for the direct from TPA; 3.5 hours and done. Southwest unfortunately doesn't have a direct from here, and we stick with them due to companion pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PSIA only has levels through 3. You could ask for a divisional clinic leader (DCL) or examiner, but a full cert (level 3) should be able to handle anything the OP throws at them.
    Get a DCL or examiner if your goal is to stand around and talk a lot.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Der poopenhausen - make sure to ask for that.
    Gravity. It's the law.

oh yeah, plenty o' Level III instructors in Tampa Bay area

I think most resorts let private lessons cut lines so you don’t have to wait in lift line. If you can afford it, go for it. And I’m not sure what kind of skis you got coming from FL, but you might want to consider rental/demo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've always rented (but own boots) due to travel hassle and limited time on slopes, but now that my kid is getting into it and we're going to hit 15+ days this year, I'm thinking about buying for future seasons if I can find a ski I love and to avoid the ever-increasing rental costs. I've got my eye on Black Crows Daemon but have not had much luck finding it available to rent. I'm short (5'5") and really want to try the 170 before buying.