Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My fear is that my 4 year old is a few years from getting onto a bike that'll fit the rack well, but don't want to spend a bunch of money on an interim solution... So that leads me to figuring out the kids bike situation. They show some of the bmx/kids bike scenario hanging from the wheel as opposed to the tire in the tray.

https://www.velocirax.com/gallery
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I have a Lolo rack and think it's awesome. I like the versatility of holding any bike. And I don't know what y'all are talking about with sway and bike to bike contact. I've driven down plenty of dirt roads and had no issues. And yeah, your front wheels will spin on the freeway, but I just have a bungee that I pull through all the wheels. Problem solved. I also have it on a just swing-away, so I can get to the back of my van. Works like a dream.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Using lolo holders on a custom rack for my camper. So far (2 trips, 10,000 km) and very happy. fits anything, minimal sway (no worse then friends NS) and holds my cheaper parts if it does wear thru anything.
    considering something along these lines. Thinking of a 3 bike array making use of the ladder on our bigfoot.

Care to share a pic of your setup?

Been using the NS rack for years no issues. It's a great option if you have a camper and want to open the tailgate for access.
    Small rub marks are avoided with some frame protection stickers in the right spots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Any other Alta Racks input? I have heard a lot of good things but a couple negative experiences too (bending, sway, etc.). I've had a NS for 8 years or so, it's been great but the pin holes ovalized when off-roading and now it just has wayyyy too much wobble. The bikes go for a rodeo ride every dip in the road.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Any other Alta Racks input? I have heard a lot of good things but a couple negative experiences too (bending, sway, etc.). I've had a NS for 8 years or so, it's been great but the pin holes ovalized when off-roading and now it just has wayyyy too much wobble. The bikes go for a rodeo ride every dip in the road.
    Bumpppp for this Alta Racks question. Almost bike season...
    sproing!

LoLo racks just combined a swing arm with rack in one. Pretty slick and useful for some folks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMw66RdBIAF/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Bumpppp for this Alta Racks question. Almost bike season...
    I ended up buying an Alta 6 over the winter. Overall I am quite happy with it with a couple of caveats. Mostly, it's BIG. And HEAVY. I can easily move my NSR 4 around; in a pinch I can move the Alta 6 by myself but I risk injury nearly every time I do that. Much more of a 2-person lift. It's also much more difficult to store, since it's so large. But if it stays on your vehicle semi-permanently, it's pretty badass.

Super easy lowering mechanism; I can lower the bikes away from the tailgate and put them back up by myself without help. Make sure you measure your tailgate; some of the newer tailgate are thicker with steps and cameras and gizmos and end up hititng the rack, and requiring an extension from Alta Racks.

Overall, as a good rack, I'd recommend if the size and weight aren't an issue. It's ROCK solid and loading is much easier than it was with my NSR. Only loading issue is it takes a bit more time due to ski straps on top and bottom, but I'll take that for more carrying security.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Never thought about hitch height issues.
    Plus the piston issue with an empty rack.

https://www.twowheelingtots.com/velo...e-rack-review/
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    LoLo racks just combined a swing arm with rack in one. Pretty slick and useful for some folks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMw66RdBIAF/

Anybody seen these in person and had a chance to use? Their website has them available Dec 2021 but I'm not certain if they're playing catch up or if this will be the first run.

Got a Lolo used this spring and have been pretty happy with it. Kids race BMX and those bars don't fit the lolo perfect and it is a bit of an extra step to deal with number plates. The rack is no doubt burly and their hitch pin that tightens down to prevent wobble is pretty slick. Overall happy with the the rack with one exception: it's cumbersome to lower to access the rear window/tailgate of the family SUV empty and a pain loaded.

This is clearly one of those trade offs/no rack is perfect sort of thing, I get it.

However. I'm debating on dropping $850 for the swing arm or getting a lower profile tray rack to have options.

Whatda think?

Vertical Carry Racks - Advice sought

we use the yakima swing arm attached to a Northshore rack and it works well.
    We had just the Nshore rack first and then added the yakima a couple yrs ago and it was a huge upgrade. worth every penny not having to drop 100+ pounds of bikes every time you want to access the back.
    skid luxury

I’ve noticed a huge increase in Velocirax at parks this year. They’re fucking baller. It’s the only rack I’d consider if I moved away from the 1up.
    The shocks built into the lowering system mean one person can safely lower and raise a full load. Means my 5’ 2” wife can load a 50lb Ebike without help.
    They’re fucking sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I’ve noticed a huge increase in Velocirax at parks this year. They’re fucking baller. It’s the only rack I’d consider if I moved away from the 1up.
    The shocks built into the lowering system mean one person can safely lower and raise a full load. Means my 5’ 2” wife can load a 50lb Ebike without help.
    They’re fucking sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We have both: a Velocirax 5X that stays on the truck spring-fall, and a two-bike 1-Up that does fatbike duty (and is easy to remove and replace during the winter- don’t want a bike rack when we’re skiing).

I don’t have a complaint about the Velocirax. I’ve seen and used all of the other options except the Alta. I’d buy it again.