Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Park City Film Gaper Apparel

Dumbass reporter thinks dumbass winter wear is cool schwag for Park City Film Festival hardcore gapers.
    They even published my comment calling it gaper wear.

The V.I.P. suite at the Sheraton Park City in Utah where certain Sundance Film Festival attendees were given special-edition puffers by Canada Goose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/s...&region=Footer

Sundance was always a trip. Remember my second go in UT after it got huge, in the early 2000s all these LA types would roll in in matching silver down jackets, like that but silver TNF.

I used to score PC passes from a friend at Delta, and it was the only time of year i used em.

If a storm rolls through during sundance it can be the best time ski any of the Park City resorts. All the hotels and rental units are full of non-skiers and the mountains are empty.

The biggest pro-tip is to count to 5 at every intersection before proceeding when a red light turns green. Chances are a SUV from out of state will slide through the intersection because the driver doesn't understand that 4WD doesn't help stopping distance on ice. That and avoid downtown if at all possible, do a liquor store and costco run the week before and don't go near main st if you can avoid it.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post

The biggest pro-tip is to count to 5 at every intersection before proceeding when a red light turns green. Chances are a SUV from out of state will slide through the intersection because the driver doesn't understand that 4WD doesn't help stopping distance on ice. That and avoid downtown if at all possible, do a liquor store and costco run the week before and don't go near main st if you can avoid it.
    Sounds like every weekend in Truckee.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Dumbass reporter thinks dumbass winter wear is cool schwag for Park City Film Festival hardcore gapers.
    They even published my comment calling it gaper wear.

The V.I.P. suite at the Sheraton Park City in Utah where certain Sundance Film Festival attendees were given special-edition puffers by Canada Goose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/s...&region=Footer
    I'd take a free Canada Goose puffy jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    The biggest pro-tip is to count to 5 at every intersection before proceeding when a red light turns green. Chances are a SUV from out of state will slide through the intersection because the driver doesn't understand that 4WD doesn't help stopping distance on ice.
    It does when you slam that fucker in reverse and gun it. Esp with studs.

This reminds me of stories of truth and meatdrink handing out t-shirts and shouting about gonorrhoea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    This reminds me of stories of truth anmeatdrink handing out t-shirts and shouting about gonorrhoea.
    That's going deep. I vaguely remember, but I like those memories. Bring it.

Oh god. When does Sundance end?

Super Bowl Sunday. Today, my wife is at the Gloria Steinem movie. Great...that’s all I need. She will be on her high horse tonight.
    I did see a good jazz related flick the other day (Sylvie’s Love).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    It does when you slam that fucker in reverse and gun it. Esp with studs.
    traction weight is key. how many bulky studs can you fit in your 4wd?

Name:  2881784d1528135387-one-you-gayjeep.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  50.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Super Bowl Sunday. Today, my wife is at the Gloria Steinem movie. Great...that’s all I need. She will be on her high horse tonight.
    Vibes

fwiw paywall on nyt article link....
    can u screenshot your comment? thats all i really want to read anyhowz
    bet those jackets have powder skirts
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

splat
    reno Jan. 29
    The writer failed to specify if these jackets are really worth owning. Considering the absolute plethora of skiwear out there that is fashionable, the freebies this company gives away are not that great. Upon first glance, it appears the baffles are sewn-through, meaning it's the cheapest build to do for down.

But, hey, what do these Hollywood types know? You tell them it's cool and they apparently run with that. But only gapers would wear that gear on a real ski day. And, with this article, the gapers will think they they're cool.

2 Recommend Share

What does Sundance festival have to do with skiing? It's like saying Davos WEF is about skiing.

I'm sure the Davos WEF participants eat McDonalds and act like it's special.

Trump being the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I did see a good jazz related flick the other day (Sylvie’s Love).
    Better have those dishes done when she gets home..

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    What does Sundance festival have to do with skiing? It's like saying Davos WEF is about skiing.
    It actually does. It’s a week in a ski town in the middle of ski season that creates empty slopes so that local skiers can enjoy the mountain.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

eat McDonalds and act like it's special.
    Sounds like ski bums

PM Gaper wear.

It has a certain GenSanA quality
    watch out for snakes

splat
    reno Jan. 29
    The writer failed to specify if these jackets are really worth owning. Considering the absolute plethora of skiwear out there that is fashionable, the freebies this company gives away are not that great. Upon first glance, it appears the baffles are sewn-through, meaning it's the cheapest build to do for down.

But, hey, what do these Hollywood types know? You tell them it's cool and they apparently run with that. But only gapers would wear that gear on a real ski day. And, with this article, the gapers will think they they're cool.

2 Recommend Share
    Post assumes recipients actually ski, and if so, will wear this skiing.
    I still call it The Jake.

Fucking Canada Goose. It works just like a Popeye's for me, if I see one I know I'm in a place I have no business being in.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Fucking Canada Goose. It works just like a Popeye's for me, if I see one I know I'm in a place I have no business being in.
    Avoid Manhattan at all costs.

And good call on the Popeyes. Chick Fil A or GTFO.
    I still call it The Jake.

Is it too much to ask for that these Park City Canada Goose's end up being counterfeit?