Nikolai Schirmer Chamonix-Mont Blanc video

check this shit out

https://youtu.be/jYyFzIypk0A

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    check this shit out

https://youtu.be/jYyFzIypk0A

Knife Edge.
    Follow the Girls!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Fistbump !
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

FKNA nice!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

if they had talked swedish the whole time it would have been less bro bra. Interesting that the insta bros don't have the time to speak english when the going gets tough. I'm not the biggest fan of the cham scene thing. And one day there will be gilrs in a film without being presented as the rad girls who do the same stuff as the boys.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Schirmer got on my radar after I was looking for footage of Northern Norway. I dig his enthusiasm.

yeah and I guess you can be a bit bro brah when yer climbing and skiing shit like that
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I do NOT want to ski with that guy (or gals)

Holy moly, that was frightening!

T
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    if they had talked swedish the whole time it would have been less bro bra. Interesting that the insta bros don't have the time to speak english when the going gets tough. I'm not the biggest fan of the cham scene thing. And one day there will be gilrs in a film without being presented as the rad girls who do the same stuff as the boys.
    Totally disagree with this. I find Schirmer's content a breath of fresh air compared to most North America ski fodder. Schirmer and his buddies seemingly get after it for no higher reason than having fun. Contrast that something like The Fifty and it's nauseating faux irreverence, philosophical waxing about some supposed higher purpose to mountain adventures, and endless cast of pretty boys and trust fund wankers. By this comparative standard, Schirmer's vids are beyond legit.

Not to mention the fact that Schirmer acknowledges and engages the fact that what he doing is massively damaging to the environment. I'm really digging Schiermer's vids and will gladly watch his content over the festival of narcissism and navel gazing that is a staple on this side of the pond.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Totally disagree with this. I find Schirmer's content a breath of fresh air compared to most North America ski fodder. Schirmer and his buddies seemingly get after it for no higher reason than having fun. Contrast that something like The Fifty and it's nauseating faux irreverence, philosophical waxing about some supposed higher purpose to mountain adventures, and endless cast of pretty boys and trust fund wankers. By this comparative standard, Schirmer's vids are beyond legit.

Not to mention the fact that Schirmer acknowledges and engages the fact that what he doing is massively damaging to the environment. I'm really digging Schiermer's vids and will gladly watch his content over the festival of narcissism and navel gazing that is a staple on this side of the pond.
    Fair enough.

I don't watch anything from the US except Cody's stuff so I don't know, but anything from the Cham scene like Tof or this just doesn't feel like my cup of tea because it's really close to the edge alpinism related and that is just not my skiing. This is probably the difference in our bro bra perception.
    For me it is really dangerous euro style stuff and being nonchalant in an old fashioned mountain machismo kind of way about it. "Oh it is just what we do, no big deal." Of course they have fun, all the dead guys also had fun until they died in more or less huge avalanches in courmayeur for example.

Your idea of bros is trust funders skiing inbounds and boot packing a named 200 foot line from a book like squallywood while all kinds of gear dangles from their harness. Which is more in the realm of gapers from a euro perspective.

That's why I like Cody's stuff he likes to ski, drink beer and get home alive. And most of the lines he skis are more relatable. And yeah I didn't like the native American mountain spirit episode either, but I guess he needed some sort of theme for the episode.

To make my reasoning understandable: For example when schirmer skis the cosmique he could have just rapelled the first horrible part, but no that's what the tourist like me do. Same with skiing around the tourists on the midi ridge. It's these small things that just add up.

And it's not because he is a way better skier and alpinist( I would have to be annoyed by 37% of all skiers on any mountain ) , but because stacking unnecessary risks will end in the same fate as for 30% (fantasy number but how many ski like that until they're 50?)of the other hardcore Cham guys.

Fair enough.

I don't watch anything from the US except Cody's stuff so I don't know, but anything from the Cham scene like Tof or this just doesn't feel like my cup of tea because it's really close to the edge alpinism related and that is just not my skiing. This is probably the difference in our bro bra perception.
    For me it is really dangerous euro style stuff and being nonchalant in an old fashioned mountain machismo kind of way about it. "Oh it is just what we do, no big deal." Of course they have fun, all the dead guys also had fun until they died in more or less huge avalanches in courmayeur for example.

Your idea of bros is trust funders skiing inbounds and boot packing a named 200 foot line from a book like squallywood while all kinds of gear dangles from their harness. Which is more in the realm of gapers from a euro perspective.

That's why I like Cody's stuff he likes to ski, drink beer and get home alive. And most of the lines he skis are more relatable. And yeah I didn't like the native American mountain spirit episode either, but I guess he needed some sort of theme for the episode.

To make my reasoning understandable: For example when schirmer skis the cosmique he could have just rapelled the first horrible part, but no that's what the tourist like me do. Same with skiing around the tourists on the midi ridge. It's these small things that just add up.

And it's not because he is a way better skier and alpinist( I would have to be annoyed by 37% of all skiers on any mountain ) , but because stacking unnecessary risks will end in the same fate as for 30% (fantasy number but how many ski like that until they're 50?)of the other hardcore Cham guys.
    A lot ski stuff like this in their 60s and 70s.

Don't judge people that do things that you're not capable of.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    A lot ski stuff like this in their 60s and 70s.

Don't judge people that do things that you're not capable of.

Oh, so just how many of those like American Dave, franson et. Al in the article are going to ski in their 60s.? Yeah right....

Capabilities. Ueli steck didn't die because he lacked capabilities. Did I say I doubted that they can link jump turns on 50 degree hard pack or set an ice screw? Jesus Christ, go back to the Pyrenees and ski your fantastic extreme couloirs.

https://www.powder.com/stories/class...extreme-skier/

I enjoyed that. Had dreams of a season in Cham once upon a time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh, so just how many of those like American Dave, franson et. Al in the article are going to ski in their 60s.? Yeah right....

Capabilities. Ueli steck didn't die because he lacked capabilities. Did I say I doubted that they can link jump turns on 50 degree hard pack or set an ice screw? Jesus Christ, go back to the Pyrenees and ski your fantastic extreme couloirs.

https://www.powder.com/stories/class...extreme-skier/
    The couloirs I ski in the Pyrénées are not extreme, steep but no exposure below.

I'm not saying I ski extreme stuff, but there are plenty of people, in Europe and the states that are old and still ski steep terrain. Sure, some die, but so what?

Don't judge people that like to push the envelope.

They can die as much as they want..... I judge no one. I'm really impressed by people skiing scary shit if they acknowledge it's right there on the edge and not a walk in the park.

I only judge their online dick waving.

Promoting the Cham lifestyle on instagram annoys the fuck out of me because it's not all fun and games.

Ask peds. (who I really enjoyed reading because he wasn't bro braing about it and pointed out the risks)
    Or better, ask his girlfriend and daughter.

WoW boys this is going off. I rewatch the edit yesterday to see what you were talking about what annoys you... and i had the song stuck in my head all day while i was skitouring on a southface crust on low angle for hours. I even straight line from the ridge as i refused to make turns on this deathcrust. Same as the guys in the video!

Ofcourse it is a different sport the pros are doing, triplecorcks - 80kmh cliff drops abseiling and even the come to my turff the ski shit different.

Nobody pays me to ski
    Nobody cares what i ski

Nobody gives me a trust fund
    All i have is a pretty face ; )

People can overtake me on the skintrack.... people can ski faster and have better technique.

We all need to survive and not make a mistake!
    We all need to be vigilant.

But i am also not a fan of i ski powder all day and my girlfriend had to give me a blow job to defrost my balls it was so deep.

When everybody know it was 20

Sent from ullr with love!

This reads like some kind of weird ganja infused poetry. have you tried connecting to skifishbum recently?

I'm just here to say I'm glad something thinks me and my friends are pretty. That's quite nice. So thank you. Gonna go get a mani-pedi right now in fact as a treat to this compliment. Probably need to wait for daddy's weekly check to come in though too.

^ok that's fucking funny.

perfect waste of 15" as it's -14 F/ -25.5 C on my little ski hill in the Barca in front of the wood stove trying to get my courage up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	314207
    Made it! Sub zero tour.

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	314208
    Recent warm spell and new snow took the Pachyderm off the menu.

Name:	IMG_0792.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	682.9 KB 
ID:	314210
    Looking over to Vulcan the orographics and wind led to north facing trees as the best option.

Whipski great for getting it. Minus 25.5C is fucking cold!!!!

I wittnesed only minus 27C once and i have bad memories from it. Buddy had a frostbite in the face from hiking the ridge. I thought i will loose my tose in the skiboits until i found shelter and could take em off.

Hey Cody... pedicures are important! We all know : )

And it is the hair bro!!!

Btw. Just cought the last gondola : )