Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Maybe Vibra-tite ? I've seen red loctite eat plastic G3 heel thro's any time you use loctite around plastic you gotta be careful it doesnt melt the plastic
    Well that is some dang handy news to know.

Thanks!

cheers,
    john

In the ongoing saga of my Maestrale RS boots. After Scarpa finally shipped my walk/ski bails I've had a few really good tours with my boots.

Now the tongue hinges have failed, probably just stress wear and tear. I ordered up some new hinges on Scarpa's parts page, but can't seem to figure out how to get the old ones off. It looks like some sort of allen key size, but all that I have tried don't work. Does Scarpa have a proprietary tool for the removal of the tongue hinges?

I read something about this, are they really a fastener you can undo OR is the back of the fastener riveted ??

edit: look on the 1st page of this thread

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...aestrale+hinge
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thanks for the link XXX-er. I figured there'd be something about this on here too.

And to say the least, I'm certainly looking at a new pair of boots for next season after all the issues myself and other friends have had this season with that model year/design of Maestrale RS.