Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Wrangler 47MWZ, if you're looking for jeans.

Others will have input on different styles, but I'm a simpleton and odds are good that if I'm wearing pants they're jeans.
    3.75 oz. Denim
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Meh.
    From the Wrangler site: "14.75 oz. Denim."

They even make a rigid version for folks who like to truly break in their jeans. They are just blue jeans, but they are damn good blue jeans.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/premium-performance-cowboy-cut-regular-fit-jean?variationId=47MWZD

It pays to read each model's details. Quite a difference from what I quoted off of their page.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/premiu...tionId=47MWZFN

Not to be pedantic, but those are the 47MWZFL, not the 47MWZ. And they're flannel lined. That's a whole different ballgame.

Not to be pedantic, but those are the 47MWZFL, not the 47MWZ. And they're flannel lined. That's a whole different ballgame.
    Literally.

It pays to read each model's details. Quite a difference from what I quoted off of their page.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/premiu...tionId=47MWZFN
    I'll probably try a pair of the ones you posted above. Gusseted crotches send like a good idea but I'm 0 for 2 with them right now.
    Wrangler 47MWZ, if you're looking for jeans.

Others will have input on different styles, but I'm a simpleton and odds are good that if I'm wearing pants they're jeans.
    Thanks. I had some Marmot jeans that seemed expensive when I bought them in high school but since one pair failed last year and the other limped into 2020 they weren't so bad. After last year I'm wary of spending like that on something that may fail way to quickly so those look like a good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    You’re probably right. It’s the way of the world. Just like White’s boots got bought out by some big corp. I hate it, and I’m glad I wasn’t born any later.

No, don’t do that. I’m still trying to get over cmcrawfo’s balls.

I’ve been using Mountain Khakis’ Alpine pants for work pants for a while, but I like the looks of those Duluth firehose britches.
    I'm still trying to get over seeing mine through my pants.

Yeah they made a big push to be much more visible around here. It's not the same business you remember:

Filson remained under the control of the Filson family until 1970, when they sold their interest to a former distributor of Filson products to independent dealers in Alaska. Stan Kohls, a skiwear entrepreneur, purchased the company in 1981. Kohls expanded the product line from 35 items to 250 items, drawing from the company's archive or designing each new item himself. Kohls attempted to preserve the authenticity of the products by not using modern materials like Velcro.[2][4]

On January 1, 2005, Los Angeles, California-based private equity group Brentwood Associates and former Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation executive Doug Williams acquired C.C. Filson, with Kohls maintaining a minority ownership interest and a seat on the board. Brentwood Associates and Williams renamed the company Filson Holdings and named Williams the Chief Executive Officer.[2][4][5][6] Williams hoped to expand the brand's sales by introducing casual wear and selling to new customers based on Filson's reputation for ruggedness and quality.[2] In 2006, Filson made Bill Kulczycki, a former Patagonia executive, CEO.[7] In 2010, Mark A. Korros became CEO.[8]

In 2012 Brentwood Associates sold Filson Holdings, Inc. to Dallas-based Bedrock Manufacturing Co. for an undisclosed amount.[9][10] Alan Kirk was appointed CEO of Filson in 2013. In June, 2013, the company opened an extensive new manufacturing facility on 1st Avenue South in Seattle's manufacturing district, more than doubling capacity and by year end, more than 100 new jobs were created in production. The company now manufactures luggage, apparel and accessories in three company-owned locations in the USA.

Former CEO Steve Bock[11] left the company in early 2019, and was replaced by current CEO Rollen Jones. When customers enter the flagship building they see workers manufacturing Filson's luggage products on the first floor. The store on the second floor has clear glass doors that showcase office space where the company's creative teams ideate and develop new products.

^ As usual, I’m out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Apparently you haven’t worked in northern woods, and can’t imagine what it’s like. Filson’s been a go-to for many, many years for people working in the woods.
    https://www.filson.com/our-company/history

I, and a lot of other wildland firefighters, wore a Filson vest on the fireline for years. It would have been amusing for you to walk into a fire camp back in the day and let the folks there know they were beard waxers.

Maybe the logger chic folks are wearing Filson, but if that’s a crime Carhartt people will hang side by side with them.
    I know a couple of upland bird hunters who have beat on their filsons hard for years and will probably want to be buried in them. And one of them is one of the cheapest bastards I know. He would say thrifty.

flannel lined pants. for work? for serious? My balls couldn't take that kind of heat. no way

Can the waxed/oiled stuff e.g. filson be washed?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    flannel lined pants. for work? for serious? My balls couldn't take that kind of heat. no way

Name:  flamin.jpeg
Views: 361
Size:  12.1 KB

Jesus, the dick swinging over a pair of pants..

I've done the exact job WRG is talking about in the exact same 'hood. I'm digging out a tank cover to check the level, it's not like I'm cutting a mile of trail. It's going to be pretty close to road, so pull on some carhartt rubber overalls, check the level, pull them off, sell a house.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's going to be pretty close to road, so pull on some carhartt rubber overalls, check the level, pull them off, sell a house.
    What was her name?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Jesus, the dick swinging over a pair of pants..

I've done the exact job WRG is talking about in the exact same 'hood. I'm digging out a tank cover to check the level, it's not like I'm cutting a mile of trail. It's going to be pretty close to road, so pull on some carhartt rubber overalls, check the level, pull them off, sell a house.
    Few seasons ago I went down hard going out to check the shitter level without a proper pair of work pants

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    What was her name?
    I don't always wear a rubber, but when I do I wear Carhartt "double front".

Water resistant work pant?

Few seasons ago I went down hard going out to check the shitter level without a proper pair of work pants

Doc was standing a little too close to you during that X-ray...

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Pretty sure Filson got bought by some fund several years ago. That's where the push to sell to new people came from.

Carhartt had their associated but distinct fashion company who's audience appears to have trickled back to the main brand as well.

What pants have the most durable crotches? Either I have big balls or I walk funny, I've gone through 4+ pairs of pants in the last year which I bought after several old (5-10 year) pairs finally wore out. I don't need crazy durable pants, I tend to walk a couple miles a day but not much more than that. Pics of blown out crotches available if needed
    Truewerks has a gussetted crotch. Very roomy but not saggy. Sorry I keep preaching these pants. I am not affiliated and get nothing for it. Just passing along what I've seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I've got some double-weave softshell jeans-style pants made by OR that work great. Don't think they sell them anymore, but they do great for indoor/outdoor use, usually use them for the casual gf snowshoe outing and summer 14ers. Double-weave softshell is the best as it lifts the outer shell away from the skin; I find the plain-weave softshell is too cool against the skin/longjohns in the winter. Looks like the current Voodoo pants fit that bill and are casual-looking, Cirque or Hyak pants if you want some more techy features. I tried on the Methow pants and liked them, slim fit, with fleece lining in some areas.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...nts-34506.html

13 oz. cotton. That's really heavy. The heaviest they make. And the crotch is gusseted. I don't care how big yer balls are, they will last years. I put 6 years of constant wear on a pair and blew out the thighs, but the crotch was still solid. And they gladly sent me a new pair for free. Absolutely as bomber as pants come.

Incoming future dick picture that says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    Incoming future dick picture that says otherwise.
    Bring it baby!

gusset the articulation darts for the balz
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Shit I wear flannel lined pants, long johns, and insulated coveralls for framing in winter in Montana. And I'm working my ass off.

Am curious about these truwerks though.

Those truewerks look good. Id like a pair. In and out of the plow truck itd be nice to have the side zip vents in a super hot cab trying to keep the windiws clear. My favorite pants atm are my flannel lined carharts. Comfy like pj's and i can skip the long johns most days. Def not waterproof though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

From Filson.com:
    CARE
    Do not wash or dry clean – brush or wipe clean with a damp rag. Rewax as needed to maintain maximum water resistance. To prevent the transfer of oils, we recommend avoiding prolonged contact between Filson oil finish goods and light-colored fabrics, especially in warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Shit I wear flannel lined pants, long johns, and insulated coveralls for framing in winter in Montana. And I'm working my ass off.
    Jeebus!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    T3 pants arrived today. Good fit and they don't seem like they will be super hot/clammy. Can probably wear them most days with no long johns since they have a soft/thin fleece lining. Not heavy like a flannel lined carhartt pant.