Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIP to John, Keri, and Alyssa Altobelli, Christina Mauser, Sarah and Payton Chester, Ara Zobayan, and Gianna Bryant

RIP to John, Keri, and Alyssa Altobelli, Christina Mauser, Sarah and Payton Chester, Ara Zobayan, and Gianna Bryant. They died in a terrible helicopter crash yesterday. Condolences to their friends and family and loved ones.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-27-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

C'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    C'mon man.
    If the criticism in the other thread is that lots of other people died and we should be sad for them, then let's actually be sad for them, rather than actually be sad that a famous athlete died, but hide behind those other people when called on that athlete's character. How many of these names did you know?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wasn't it pretty much agreed that he raped a girl and paid her off? I don't follow sports.
    However many are in a shit ton.

You forgot the pilot.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You forgot the pilot.
    I posted all the names I could find. Will edit if you have another name.

ARA ZOBAYAN was the pilot. RIP
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

The wise thing to do is to let Danno talk to himself.

People make similar remarks about every inane dsm thread and yet they always generate the clicks. Don't hate the playa hate the sand that gets into inopportune places...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

But man throw ball well
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    ARA ZOBAYAN was the pilot. RIP
    Sounds kinda ethnic

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Sounds kinda ethnic
    Probably an Islamo-Terrorist.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Sounds kinda ethnic
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Probably an Islamo-Terrorist.
    Or

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I bet you didn’t get stuck behind him for miles in no passing zones while he aimlessly drifts from one side of the sky to the other as he tries to manage 4 dash-mounted smart phones though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I bet you didn’t get stuck behind him for miles in no passing zones while he aimlessly drifts from one side of the sky to the other as he tries to manage 4 dash-mounted smart phones though.
    They go through extensive 30 minute training at Uber pilot school.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Wasn't it pretty much agreed that he raped a girl and paid her off? I don't follow sports.
    I have heard some alternative facts. But time since hearing and not dredging up the past especially right now and putting it out there, I will leave it be.
    Tldr: Allegedly.

These lives are no less important than Kobe's. Athletes shouldn't be held up on pedestals. The average person who has to grind out a life is more valuable to society than overpaid athletes

Anyone else keep thinking this says RIP John Keri etc?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    These lives are no less important than Kobe's. Athletes shouldn't be held up on pedestals. The average person who has to grind out a life is more valuable to society than overpaid athletes
    Really?

So the fry cook at your local McDonald's is more valuable than the guy who works his ass off and becomes one of the best at what he does? Athletes very well may be overpaid, but there's no denying that many of them have worked harder and achieved far more than the average schmuck.

While that doesn't necessarily mean their lives are worth more, it definitely means that their societal importance is greater. If they die, the ripple effect of their death travels far, far further than the fry cook. Even putting aside the "fans," when a famous athlete dies, huge numbers of people are affected - sports personalities are a big business. By pretty much any metric, the athlete is more important to society.

No one is overpaid. The market pays what it pays. Actually, you could argue that NBA super duper stars like Kobe are actually underpaid due to the salary cap.

Kobe was a piece of shit but also, I think, a really good father and had a lot of other great qualities as well. People are complex and can be both of these things. My friend has been the director / producer of the NBA 2K video game for the past 10-15 years and spent a decent amount of time with him, along with guys like LeBron and other top players. The Colorado thing always lingered in the back of his mind but says all of his interactions with Kobe were great and he genuinely liked and admired him as a human being. It's confusing for sure.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No one is overpaid. The market pays what it pays. Actually, you could argue that NBA super duper stars like Kobe are actually underpaid due to the salary cap.

Kobe was a piece of shit but also, I think, a really good father and had a lot of other great qualities as well. People are complex and can be both of these things. My friend has been the director / producer of the NBA 2K video game for the past 10-15 years and spent a decent amount of time with him, along with guys like LeBron and other top players. The Colorado thing always lingered in the back of his mind but says all of his interactions with Kobe were great and he genuinely liked and admired him as a human being. It's confusing for sure.
    he was no mike never will be but the guy had drive and skills and vibes to those he touched and the sad op that needed to make this thread
    ive never shared a chopper with the better 1/2 either
    we are always on separate flights when we go poor folk heli skiing aka hut trips
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Anyone else keep thinking this says RIP John Keri etc?
    Yes.
    But senator Herman Munster will not die. He looks to be full of embalming fluid already
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yes.
    But senator Herman Munster will not die. He looks to be full of embalming fluid already
    #ketchup

Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

This is the best take so far.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.