Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Professional opinion: gregL, XavierD and skifishbum have more professional experience than you’re likely to find at damn near any shop, so heed their words.

I’ve been tuning skis since the 90’s, have mounted ~8-10k pairs of skis, and I remember every single one that I have botched. It happens. Very rarely. But it does happen. Christ, I have literally lit someone’s skis on fire before, and an overnighted brand new pair made them a happy customer and created a lasting relationship with the shop.

Your case is a particularly avoidable mistake, but they are completely rectifying the situation by giving you a new pair.

Standard Alpine binding screws penetrate the ski 8mm. You get about 3.5 threads in the ski. Holes are drilled, except on special occasions, to 9 or 9.5mm depth. There is always a gap in the bottom of the hole. Always. It does not effect retention.

The blizzard Cochise has plenty of metal in it. The only way that reused hole is going to be an issue is if it is overtorqued and stripped, otherwise it will have zero effect on retention.

Whether or not you break your leg is up to you.

The metal plate on your AFD is a clip-on. If it’s been reglued using an appropriate adhesive it’s probably better than it was new.

Jester forward pressure: top of adjustment screw flush with the heel housing when the boot is in the binding. Plug in the boot, adjust, take the boot out and recheck. Can’t see your pics, invalid attachment.

If you can wiggle your entire toe piece by hand when the boot is not in the binding, you may have a screw issue. If it’s solid, then adjust your toe height.

Here is the very first result when you google “marker jester toe height adjustment”:

https://theskimonster.com/blog/posts...-ski-bindings/

^^^ was thinking the same thing: there's at least 50 years of shop experience in this thread, yet the op is still worried?

And new skis is way overkill. The fact that they'd offer that is reason alone to always use that shop.

When I dimpled my base I hot waxed it a few times and the heat made the dimple go down, I think you need to realize you did this before the glue cures especialy if its epoxy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Messed Up Mount & Binding Questions

I propose that the next time there is a inconsequential mounting problem and the expectation is new skis, that person needs to work a week for free next time they make a mistake.

....and learn to mount, tune and wax your own gear.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I propose that the next time there is a inconsequential mounting problem and the expectation is new skis, that person needs to work a week for free next time they make a mistake.

....and learn to mount, tune and wax your own gear.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And last but not least, buy your tools from @Alpinord. Those of you viewing via the TGR/tapaltalk app won't see Terry's signature line with his website: https://www.slidewright.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ^^^ was thinking the same thing: there's at least 50 years of shop experience in this thread, yet the op is still worried?

And new skis is way overkill. The fact that they'd offer that is reason alone to always use that shop.
    ^^^ this ^^^

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music