Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Kobe Bryant

Sad news. An NBA legend for sure. Was just reading about Stevie Ray Vaughn yesterday and how he had died in a copter crash on a hillside, too.

Our former baby sitter/friend's daughter was assigned as bartender to Kobe and friends at their hotel suite during the 2008 NBA championship. She had some "interesting" stories... he could definitely party. RIP
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

In the last minute the chopper lost 1000 ft.

Looks like a charter aircraft.

Helicopters are fucking dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RIP Kobe Bryant

NFL announcer during the pro bowl said it was his oldest daughter, 13, and another player who also died

I hated Kobe as an oppsing team's player but always respected his game and ruthless execution. Sad for his family and all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    https://youtu.be/VIgHVlb151c from a ski perspective, I was living in Vail when the whole rape thing went down at that exclusive Resort and a friend of mine was working at the resort and said that the whole vibe was very weird. Sucks for him. I always thought he was a decent guy. Got mixed up with the wrong women evidently

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Or maybe she got mixed up with the wrong guy.

Shocked, sickening..rip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2962.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	312438

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    If you don't like it, there's a button for that.

Something tells me they'll be just fine.

Also, he was a rapist, that isn't my worldview, that's a fucking fact.
    There’s a “you’re a dick” button? Good to know...pressing now

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    FIFY
    Take your piece of shit post down. Whatever your feelings are about the man now is not the time to air them and nobody gives a fuck about them anyway. Have some respect for the fact that two teenage girls tragically perished today.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Take your piece of shit post down. Whatever your feelings are about the man now is not the time to air them and nobody gives a fuck about them anyway. Have some respect for the fact that two teenage girls tragically perished today.
    +1.
    Vibes to his family.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Man, sad news. RIP Black Mamba! Dude was one of the best competitors we've ever seen across all sports. Will never forget watching Kobe and Shaq during their early 2000's rein.

Crazy timing. We have a basketball group chat and someone was like "RIP Kobe" this AM. I thought he was just referring to LeBron passing him on the all-time scoring list.

For those of you chiming in about his sex life, maybe give it it like a fucking day. Jesus. I'm not condoning adultery or worse. But keep in mind that he was never found criminally guilty of a crime. And most of you "Would not bang" internet heroes have no idea what it's like to be a celebrity with insanely hot women constantly trying to get with you. Granted, neither do I, but I'm sure the temptation is absurdly difficult to ignore.

Fuuck. Sheriff is now saying 9 people on board ("live coverage").

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    +2
    One of the greatest basketball players of all time died today - at 41 years old - along with his fucking 13 y/o daughter and 7 other people fer cristsake. Have a little bit of respect

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    It’s morbid, but as a father, it’s unfathomable to be in a situation of imminent death with a child
    I know right. It was pretty emotional watching the announcers at halftime of the pro bowl - they couldn't even get the words out (that Kobe's daughter had died), both of them choked up and had to move on to the game.

Sad shit. RIP.

From Wikipedia: "Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt on his part."

He was never convicted in criminal or civil court. Whether you believe him or not the accusation of rape dies with him. He managed to stay married to the same woman for 20 years which has to say something about his character, or hers. My thoughts are with her for the loss of a husband and a daughter, with the rest of their children, and with the families of the others who died on the helicopter. Death is especially sad when people die suddenly ahead of their time, whether they are famous or not.

Super woke crowd: “Why don’t people like us?”

Also super woke people: “I know Kobe just died and is beloved by so many people, but the man’s a rapist.”

I was always aware of how great he was but was never a fan. It definitely sucks it happened, but I feel just as much for the rest of the folks on the flight and for his daughter in particular, so young to be gone. Her mother must be destroyed, I hope she's able to deal with it all. RIP to the lost and best wishes to the living.

I remember when magic came out with his HIV announcement. I was in college, and the Laker fans I knew cried for days.

I imagine this is the same for SoCal, probably worse. Plus the kids involved.

Pretty revealing how some can’t contain themselves. Too bad you can’t disconnect their internet.

Cry me a pink diamond.

Michael Vick was on T.V. today too.

I was never a fan. I think he cultivated a “I only care about winning” persona as a player. But once he retired, I think he started to let his real personality come out and seemed like a pretty cool dude. So RIP

I really miss Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Helicopters are fucking dangerous.

I know we have resident pilots/ dentists here, but I’m legit curious if this is true.....Seems like a week doesn’t go by without one of the fucking things falling outta the sky..... Any chopper pilots here who could weigh in?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Sad news. Vibes to all families.

I have mixed feelings about helicopters. I’ll be in one next week for a week in Bella Coola. So exhilarating, but at some point it does cross your mind, what if...? I’m a believer you have to live life to its fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Sad news. Vibes to all families.

I have mixed feelings about helicopters. I’ll be in one next week for a week in Bella Coola. So exhilarating, but at some point it does cross your mind, what if...? I’m a believer you have to live life to its fullest.
    Well said Sluff
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure