Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Wow. Fragile stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We recommend never washing your laminate jacket. Yes, that's right. Although, our fabric manufacturers do not supply this information to us, we have found that the saturating of any premium fragile high grade water proof breathable (wpb) membrane with water and detergent, will destruct its performance qualities and most likely result in a delimitation of the fabric face/ membrane and interior layers.
    One of my buds never washes his GoreTex stuff and it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't see how flushing a bunch of product down the drain is a good idea so i use the water based spray-on when the piece is wet out of the washer, I've done half a shell in revivex and half in grangers, IME they both worked about the same

be careful where you use spray-on, if it gets on the floor it will be very slick

and outside on wood decking it will leave a waterproof area
    Yup. Spray on the wet garment, let soak in a bit and spray some more on, turn inside out and throw in the dryer. Dont spray clothing over any smooth surfaces, unless you want to prank somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wow. Fragile stuff.

hardly bro
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    hardly bro
    I know your stuff is good and high quality from the large number of satisfied customers here.

A bit ballsy to state that the jacket may fall apart after 1 wash. Even if it’s true, lie to me. I do appreciate the honesty but if I were an uneducated outerwear consumer searching for a jacket and read your care instructions I’d probably move on to another brand.

Just being honest.

I wear a jacket for 8-10 years before I replace it (I may be in the minority here) so there’s no chance I won’t need to wash it at some point. I usually only wash once every season or two depending on how dirty it is.

I wash my Freeride coat and my ski pants 3 or 4 times a winter with tech wash. Both are several years old. No issues. I sweat and fart so much I could never have an office job so it has to happen.

I know your stuff is good and high quality from the large number of satisfied customers here.

A bit ballsy to state that the jacket may fall apart after 1 wash. Even if it’s true, lie to me. I do appreciate the honesty but if I were an uneducated outerwear consumer searching for a jacket and read your care instructions I’d probably move on to another brand.

Just being honest.

I wear a jacket for 8-10 years before I replace it (I may be in the minority here) so there’s no chance I won’t need to wash it at some point. I usually only wash once every season or two depending on how dirty it is.

look man, we have had a jacket or two get sent back to us that the layers delaminated , and the face felt like sheer pantyhose (NTIWK) or super blistered like mogul field....when we ask how many times has the jacket was washed people could detect that we were asking for a reason.....so they would answer....just once.....(yep, ok, like officer: how many drinks you had? Drunk Driver: just chu oficher...)

so, we changed the question...before they would ship ....we ask do you keep your jacket clean and washed....that answer was always like ......"yes every week", "yes, after everytime i ski", yes, yes, a zillion times....did you use a good detergent? oh yes, 30 tide pods, and a bottle of tek wash....and and , and , and......then we knew......

our jackets dont just crap the bed after a single wash...but we knew some people "only washed it once officher........"
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I wash my Freeride coat and my ski pants 3 or 4 times a winter with tech wash. Both are several years old. No issues. I sweat and fart so much I could never have an office job so it has to happen.
    see...i dont want to go on record saying its ok to wash....cause like UM is probably infrequent, diligent and careful...but others are like 40 tide pods, bottle of tek wash, throw it in the dryer on high with a dozen fabric softeners....so its better for us just to advocate....dont wash....
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    One of my buds never washes his GoreTex stuff and it seems to work.
    and, this is a good outcome......and ftr....even the most rancid smells dissipate after garment being left in open room and hanging first inside out then outside out and repeat cycle few times
    www.freeridesystems.com

I wear a jacket for 8-10 years before I replace it (I may be in the minority here) so there’s no chance I won’t need to wash it at some point.
    I know (and, I surmise you also know) hunters who have 20+ y.o. hunting clothes that have never been washed.

Name:  thuntuk.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  56.8 KB

like my cousin Thuntuk
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nixwax tek wash, and their spray on DWR.

The secret to the DWR is putting it on while jacket is just barely still damp, and then rubbing it in with a damp rag like your life depended on it.. Rubbing it in, forcefully, pushes the DWR to coat all the way around the threads and really makes it bead up again. Also, Use a shit ton of that spray... don't hold back... spray a lot... rub a lot... spray a lot... rub a lot... be thorough to get every nook and cranny..

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Nixwax tek wash, and their spray on DWR.

The secret to the DWR is putting it on while jacket is just barely still damp, and then rubbing it in with a damp rag like your life depended on it.. Rubbing it in, forcefully, pushes the DWR to coat all the way around the threads and really makes it bead up again. Also, Use a shit ton of that spray... don't hold back... spray a lot... rub a lot... spray a lot... rub a lot... be thorough to get every nook and cranny..
    never done or heard that ^^ but it probably can't hurt to try

I did sprayed-in out on the treated wooden decking and I had a profile of my shell in the wood for a few years until it washed out

never done or heard that ^^ but it probably can't hurt to try

I did sprayed-in out on the treated wooden decking and I had a profile of my shell in the wood for a few years until it washed out
    Like the deck in that area wouldnt get soaked and dark from the water? or like the nikiwax actually stained the deck?

Wherever there was DWR overspray the wood was waterproofed, must be at least 5yrs ago and its gone now

beside rubbing in the spray-in I wonder if it would be a good idea to spray some inside of a 3layer gortex shell ?

Wherever there was DWR overspray the wood was waterproofed, must be at least 5yrs ago and its gone now

beside rubbing in the spray-in I wonder if it would be a good idea to spray some inside of a 3layer gortex shell ?
    Jackets made of wood are obviously the answer to this whole dilemma, duh.

40 Tide pods? Sounds like a Breakfast of Champion Gen Z's. Dee-Lish
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Why would you want to prevent moisture from moving from inside to outside of a jacket?

for anyone forging forward with this program .....i would go ahead and hit your pits and junk with it too...cant hurt
    www.freeridesystems.com

Like water off a duck's taint, as the saying goes.

for anyone forging forward with this program .....i would go ahead and hit your pits and junk with it too...cant hurt
    Hmmmmmm. Gives me one of those crazy ideas. Get some clinical strength anti-perspirant and rub that shit all over the outside of the jacket! If it can stop chronic sweat, it can stop a little snain.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Hmmmmmm. Gives me one of those crazy ideas. Get some clinical strength anti-perspirant and rub that shit all over the outside of the jacket! If it can stop chronic sweat, it can stop a little snain.
    i would be careful... some poor kid killed himself with too much spray on

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a6800926.html
    www.freeridesystems.com

i would be careful... some poor kid killed himself with too much spray on

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a6800926.html
    So he got the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    So he got the axe?
    Niki Axe. Its a mistake any of us could make.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Niki Axe. Its a mistake any of us could make.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    So he got the axe?
    basically, sad , all due to odour....moral of story , live with a little odour, skip the axe
    www.freeridesystems.com