Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where are the WNDR reviews?

Did I just miss them? One of you has to have gotten a pair. Any reviews out there not on the WNDR website?

Where are the WNDR reviews?

I’m super interested to see some reviews on their CCR versions for sure
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Great to see a reverse camber option. Rare this days when everyone think they need camber.

No reviews, but...

Introducing WNDR Alpine

Bump.

Anyone getting out on these skis this year? I'm really curious about the Intention 110 as a dedicated CO ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Bump.

Anyone getting out on these skis this year? I'm really curious about the Intention 110 as a dedicated CO ski.
    Lots of people have them here. Sounds like the 110 with camber is universally loved. Many of them are coming from Hojis. The full rocker is hit and miss. Small balance point that some people can’t seem to find. Classic full rocker I guess.

We've got a review of the Vital 100 coming ASAP...stay tuned! And hopefully a review by women of the Intention 110 by mid-March. We have one tester on the cambered Intention 110s in VT and NH.... he's a big fan after 2 months of slogging around the Green Mountains and White Mountains.
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Any folks been on the Vital 100?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Any folks been on the Vital 100?
    got some blems but haven't mounted em up yet. plan to get some laps on them this upcoming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    got some blems but haven't mounted em up yet. plan to get some laps on them this upcoming weekend.
    Nice, mounting them up with at or alpine binders?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Lots of people have them here. Sounds like the 110 with camber is universally loved. Many of them are coming from Hojis. The full rocker is hit and miss. Small balance point that some people can’t seem to find. Classic full rocker I guess.
    I got the 110s this season and I love em.

I haven't skied either version of the Hoji but compared to my Ravens they have a much larger balance point.

We got a couple feet of snow last weekend and they were awesome. Great float and super easy to shutdown even in snow up to my knees.

Edit: I'm on the first year 110s with reverse camber in 185 cm for anyone wondering

Here's a pic of the new Vital 100s next to their cousin the 4frnt Raven, clamped on the line for your pleasure.

Slight less tip splay, slightly more tail splay. The mount point is 84.5 from tail @ 183 vs 86 @ 184 with the Raven.

Gonna get out on them next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220310_044110616.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	409178  

Anybody skied the Reason?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Not yet, but both the full rocker vital and intention are great, so I’m expecting great things for the Reason

Have four tours on the Vitals now and I like them more than the ravens in hard/variable snow, but less in soft snow. Overall, I was looking for better hard/variable performance so I'm happy.

Mount point makes them ski a bit more traditional than the ravens and the tighter tips take away some of the flapping in the breeze that would happen on the Ravens on the firmer days.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the early morning volcano spring skin conditions coming very soon as it looks like winter is officially over in the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Have four tours on the Vitals now and I like them more than the ravens in hard/variable snow, but less in soft snow. Overall, I was looking for better hard/variable performance so I'm happy.

Mount point makes them ski a bit more traditional than the ravens and the tighter tips take away some of the flapping in the breeze that would happen on the Ravens on the firmer days.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the early morning volcano spring skin conditions coming very soon as it looks like winter is officially over in the PNW.
    I'm assuming you are on the reverse camber Vitals? Anything else in your quiver to offset it? I've been torn between a Raven and Vital to pair with a Majesty Superwolf for Colorado skiing

For other touring skis I still have the Ravens and also WNDR Intention 110, and yes I got the rev camber vitals.

For other skis I have... a lot.

Sold my Black Crow Corvus Freebird and replaced them with a rockered Intention 110's. Been touring on them about 10 days so far in the PNW and Whistler. I was looking for something more maneuverable and these skis excel at that. I mounted them with tectons and use them as a travel ski for Whistler. Although I wouldn't grab these for a dedicated inbound ski, they weirdly carve groomers incredibly well for a 110.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Skied the 190 Vital 90 and 192 Intention 110 camber for a few runs at the demo day at Alta last saturday. Not great conditions generally speaking. Didn't really jive with the vital 90, kind of felt a bit hooky, couldn't get it to really carve like I'd want a 190 90 underfoot ski to (current daily narrow ski is Kastle FX95 195). The Intention 110 was awesome. I really enjoyed this ski, its quite light and would love to try this out on a pow day at alta to get a really good understanding of how the light weight would preform in chop etc.
    I have a friend who works over there, might try to get my hands on a set of Intention 110's and do a CAST or shift setup for a versatile setup in the future.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I was also at the Alta demo, only got to try the camber Vital 100 in 183 since the reverse skis were all gone every time I went by. I have the exact same feedback as Phall, it was a sticky spring day where reverse camber really shines so it felt great to get back on my reverse Volkls after I returned the Wndrs. The shape was meh but the construction seemed solid, very damp feel for a light-ish ski

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Skied the 190 Vital 90 and 192 Intention 110 camber for a few runs at the demo day at Alta last saturday. Not great conditions generally speaking. Didn't really jive with the vital 90, kind of felt a bit hooky, couldn't get it to really carve like I'd want a 190 90 underfoot ski to (current daily narrow ski is Kastle FX95 195). The Intention 110 was awesome. I really enjoyed this ski, its quite light and would love to try this out on a pow day at alta to get a really good understanding of how the light weight would preform in chop etc.
    I have a friend who works over there, might try to get my hands on a set of Intention 110's and do a CAST or shift setup for a versatile setup in the future.
    is the Vital 90 a prototype?
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    is the Vital 90 a prototype?
    I think he means Vital 100. They are working on a 90 but didn't have any prototypes there (at least that I saw)

I believe it was the 100, but im easily confused.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"