Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    yeah, and that chocolate is probably not ethically sourced.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ya all take your crotchfruit skiing and expose them to the slopes and peaks
    "i find i have had my reward in the repeated doing of the thing"
    and the next gen of shop rats shall have theirs
    same as it ever was
    My wife still gets mad when I call them "fruit of my loins".

yo foggy goggy are you a ski tech or a shop owner?
    Sorry, I forgot that you are the resident expert tech. Put the consultation fee on my tab. Point taken. I should have said, "find out what the techs like, get them lots of it". Not relevant but since you love to keep score...mark me down to for a decade plus of full time independent ski shop management experience and another decade of part time tune shop work.

Sometimes people know what they are talking about, sometimes they don't. It's the internet, you figure it out.

I'd do an amazon gift card but jeff is working those poor bastards into the ground.

Squeeze out equal parts resin and hardener. I like to stir it with the free chopsticks I get at the Peking Palace.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

We use popsicle sticks, easier to manipulate the goo.
    And I’ll say it again, homemade cookies are the way to a techs heart.
    crab in my shoe mouth

We need a shop spreadsheet to know what each one desires.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

If you keep the chopsticks attached and don't pull them apart you can almost get a popsicle stick-like action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    We need a shop spreadsheet to know what each one desires.
    We can just start a list here.

Buttah -- Tate's chocolate chip cookies carefully arranged in a youth model Riddell protective cup
    SFB -- Dog hair sticky roller refills and some weed.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Chocolate chip cookies were the favored tip when I was on fire and rescue. We give someone a $60,000 helo ride that's not covered by insurance and BTW you're on the hook for cookies because we got called out of a warm bed at 3am to save your ass.

I eat with a fork, motherfucker. I don’t eat with no god damn sticks.
    crab in my shoe mouth

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    um ya i aint kept scores or quantified since
    well yeah i cant tell ya since when
    and if you were slightly observant youd know im resident seasoned journeyman expertice would take too much effort and im a slacker
    plenty of experts both independent and part time active reservers to fill that role here
    i have an independent shop in my basement
    but its dependent on my spanser allowing me to occupy that space
    but its
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Buffalo Bill had an independent shop in his basement, too.

It puts the lotion on the skin
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It puts the lotion on the skin
    The lowering down of the “supplies” gets me every time.

“Oh look here, 71 ‘cuda, guy wants 14 grand”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the independent non beholden to dealers, agreements, insurance, regulations, certfications etc is the way to go
    after i git paid in the thc
    not even an expert like danno is gonna get ya any settlement of value
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am only here to post in this most impotent of threads to say that I have 3 pairs of K2s currently mounted, abuse the shit out of them and they hold up just fine.

I buy them cause I like how they ski and because I can get them cheap.
    +1. Never had an issue with a pair of K2s other than what I would expect when skiing scree at Big Sky. And, never seen a single hint of a delamination.

I did smash and break a K2 SideStash edge once on the rocks. Shop guy fixed it and said he could not guarantee the fix, nor that the ski was even safe to ski. So I gave them to a friend who can't afford to buy skis, disclosing the problem of course, and five years later he's still skiing the shit out of them 50+ days a year. Not claiming K2s are ultra durable by any stretch, the bases are kind of wimpy and need attention sometimes, but they aren't bad and always fun to ski IMO. My 2017/18 Pinnacle 118s are the shit on powder days, I hope to be skiing those things for many years to come.

^^^ Funny you should mention the Sidestash. I bought a pair cheap at a pawn shop in Bozeman. Didn't look close enough but the Marker Dukes were fuckered and they had a crushed and decently repaired edge/sidewall so I set them aside. When I started at BB I needed a pair of route skis to I pulled the Dukes off and chucked them and in spite of the Swiss cheese looking top sheets (at least 3 mounts) I was able to mount a pair of Salomons on them. 1st day I skied them I thought, damn, these are a decent ski. Patrolled on them an entire season and at the end of that year I had acquired 3 more pair and a pair of Annex 106s (which I sold to WRG). By the end of that year the pawn shop pair had died. Still skiing on 2 other pairs and 1 pair still in the plastic.

So people are free to rag on K2s, different skis for different freaks says I.

What was this thread about?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Funny you should mention the Sidestash. I bought a pair cheap at a pawn shop in Bozeman. Didn't look close enough but the Marker Dukes were fuckered and they had a crushed and decently repaired edge/sidewall so I set them aside. When I started at BB I needed a pair of route skis to I pulled the Dukes off and chucked them and in spite of the Swiss cheese looking top sheets (at least 3 mounts) I was able to mount a pair of Salomons on them. 1st day I skied them I thought, damn, these are a decent ski. Patrolled on them an entire season and at the end of that year I had acquired 3 more pair and a pair of Annex 106s (which I sold to WRG). By the end of that year the pawn shop pair had died. Still skiing on 2 other pairs and 1 pair still in the plastic.

So people are free to rag on K2s, different skis for different freaks says I.

What was this thread about?
    I’m considering stocking up an MB 116Cs cause they are that good for me. I totally understand hoarding skis you like. If K2 does a 193cm 108c in addition to the 108Ti I’ll stock up on those too. I think that would be an awesome ski.

Um... I think the thread is about how I’m an idiot and got called on my BS? Or a shitty shop? I forget. Maybe supporting your ski techs, keep your skis bases and edges absolutely perfect by not skiing them ever, and Jack can’t read?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve skied various K2 skis, dating back to the 5500. While I detoured into Nordicas for a while, my latest ski is the K2 Marksman, which do anything and everything. I’ve never had a quality issue with K2. Different strokes.

Podunk? Not us.
    Attachment 312521
    Green Machine is cutting like a champ!
    From today in central Vermont
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0066D22F-E9C7-4376-BC12-45FE386E8880.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	549.9 KB 
ID:	312712
    crab in my shoe mouth

Schweeeeet!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Green Machine is cutting like a champ!
    From today in central Vermont

Name:	0066D22F-E9C7-4376-BC12-45FE386E8880.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	549.9 KB 
ID:	312712
    Nice structure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I would make the call to the cc company - tell them you got the gear but it broke after five uses and they ain't doing the warranty. See what they say.....cost you ten minutes on the phone??? Sounds like you don't like the store and you tried to remedy the situation and they are holding you over a barrel. An easy google and read...

https://www.checkbook.org/san-franci...r-superweapon/

I asked the bootfitter what kind of beer. He said chocolatey treats. In that shop the beer is for the customers while they wait.i suspect a fair number of ex drinkers in shops and in the ski business in general.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Too be fair said spreadsheets were started partially because of the amount of shit his roomates (me and others) were giving him about the amount of skis that he owns and how frequently each one gets used. Any of them that get less than 5 days of use in the season will theoretically be sold off, not including any “rare” skis eg: his 203 shiros will never be sold, maybe others.

That said my main objective of having a tgr account is to give skibrd shit on here so don’t take my harassing of him too seriously, he has been getting the run around from this shop, which is pretty bullshit (as a former shop employee).

Name:	E7pdceG.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	312765