Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    this is good intel about the baked good/ cookies
    I sorta assumed beer (but I also give them money too bc, as mentioned, they need to live)
    I used to make some killer homemade cinnamon buns that went over well too. might need to resurrect that bc the hojis need some love

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Nice structure
    are you trying to hit on him?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    are you trying to hit on him?
    Manhattan through the nose, so painful..

Wintersteigers are cool. A friend in our little burg has one in his basement. He tunes for Dynastar. I will sometimes get a grind from him but he is all about racing bevels and those don't work on fatter skis

I have a pair of K2 Mt Bakers. Beat to shit on top, and one has a small piece of volcanic rock embedded in the Ptex. I could get a base weld but they're mounted tele so don't get used anyway.

OTOH, ON3P and Praxis bases destroy rocks with nary a scratch. Can't recall seeing pics of them de-lammed either. 'Murica!

I've lost count of ski days this season. Somewhere between 15-20. Lost count of the grins and good feelings as well. Don't care.

I give my shop guys home-grown bud, generally a strain you can't get in local dispos.

Carry on

I only just read the opening story in the thread, sorry for skipping way back but

I feel like K2 should stand behind their skis more. A delam after only a few days should be obvious to see, and regardless of where you got it from, K2 still made it.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    I only just read the opening story in the thread, sorry for skipping way back but

I feel like K2 should stand behind their skis more. A delam after only a few days should be obvious to see, and regardless of where you got it from, K2 still made it.
    Thanks, you aren’t missing much between page 2 and where ever we are now. I agree, but I don’t have much leverage. A mag who has shop connections is helping, we will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stop the bullshit- buddy clearly hit rocks- delame-Nobody to blame but the skier...

Guys clearly trying to stir some shit to get replacement boards for his unaccountablity and cheapness

This thread is retarded...if u think manufacturers should be responsible for giving skis away to idiots that abuse them u are an idiot...industry would be bust...(k2 makes exceptional products-nobody can compete with internet slander these days)-give skibird the witch test!!

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Thanks, you aren’t missing much between page 2 and where ever we are now. I agree, but I don’t have much leverage. A mag who has shop connections is helping, we will see what happens.

Don't take the negative comments too seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this people like to pile on.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Don't take the negative comments too seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this people like to pile on.
    I’m not, they need to troll. I’m slightly grumpy at my roommate for trolling, other then that I’m mostly having fun telling them they are idiots.

I’m slightly grumpy at my roommate for calling me a liar
    FIFY

Mmmm, stripey black bases.

Bunion, you're patrolling BB?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I’m not, they need to troll. I’m slightly grumpy at my roommate for trolling, other then that I’m mostly having fun telling them they are idiots.

He was by far the best troll of this thread so there’s that....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Stop the bullshit- buddy clearly hit rocks- delame-Nobody to blame but the skier...

Guys clearly trying to stir some shit to get replacement boards for his unaccountablity and cheapness

This thread is retarded...if u think manufacturers should be responsible for giving skis away to idiots that abuse them u are an idiot...industry would be bust...(k2 makes exceptional products-nobody can compete with internet slander these days)-give skibird the witch test!!
    So his topsheet/sidewall hit rocks?
    What makes you think the top sheet delam has anything to do with the bases/edges hitting rocks(devoid of catastrophic damage)? Do you see rock damage at the topsheet/sidewall intersection?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    So his topsheet/sidewall hit rocks?
    What makes you think the top sheet delam has anything to do with the bases/edges hitting rocks(devoid of catastrophic damage)? Do you see rock damage at the topsheet/sidewall intersection?
    ? The edge/base has rock damage across the edge which it is connected to the sidewall/top sheet. The Delam is located right above where the damage of the edge/base is. Put a ski on edge and tell me that the top sheet has nothing to do with the sidewall/edge. It’s all connected.

That tiny bit if edge damage should in no way cause that ski to delam. Looks like he just skied over rocks, not land on them from a huck.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    He was by far the best troll of this thread so there’s that....
    He is very good at being a salty dick, I’m mostly over it. If you ever want a lesson in technical steep pillow skiing, he’s the one to go to. Dudes is like a surgeon, looks slow and methodical but when you watch the video back, he’s so quick and precise.

He’s a good dude

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Tell him to git up earlier and he won't have guided Jerry's skiing down on him and put some stoke in the hole thread instead of butthurt drival
    And the Montana machine that's been paid off for a decade now sure puts some sweet structures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SavedImage_1224190908(1)~2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	312855
    Lemme know when that wintersteiger's turning tuning profits
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

? The edge/base has rock damage across the edge which it is connected to the sidewall/top sheet. The Delam is located right above where the damage of the edge/base is. Put a ski on edge and tell me that the top sheet has nothing to do with the sidewall/edge. It’s all connected.
    If there was an indent or damage where the top sheet peeled off, I’d agree with you. The edge and side wall on that side of the ski show no upward distortion, no pressure applied into the sidewall or top sheet from the edge.

Everyone who skis hard has compressed an edge a bit at some point. I’ve had a few small edge compressions, and never had a top sheet delam like these. I’ll get pictures of the other side of thesis when I get home next week where there is a slight edge compression, including slight base damage, and the side wall looks like nothing happened and the top sheet didn’t pop off the core.

I wouldn’t be raising a stink about the top sheet delaming if the sidewall was damaged and had been pushed up into the top sheet, or I’d there was any show of damage to the sidewall or top sheet.

Fiberglass is amazing. You can take some glass (cloth) and epoxy, sandwich a piece of wood, and if you mixed the epoxy correct, you’ll have a lot of strength for how much flex/give there is. Take your skis and flex them, how far can they go and they return back to their original shape? We have all (or I hope we have) bent our skis in a turn, we have skied over soft and hard snow, we’ve skimmed over rocks/brush/non-snow, and the skis return back to the normal shape with out a failure in the construction of the skis.

You can sit behind your screen and say deny deny deny that warranty because you skimmed over a rock, but we all know the skis in question came apart due to a failure in construction. If these were your skis, not saying they are, you’d be after a warranty claim too. If you were in a shop that carried K2 and your buddy came in with the same damage, you’d help him warranty them.

The skis failed, K2 Canada or USA should stand behind their product. UrbanAlpine should stand behind the product they sold. Neither are, that’s the point of this. Calling out shit customer service. You can try to twist this to say the shit customer service is cause I skimmed over a rock, but all you are showing is your lack of intelligence around skiing and ski construction.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ya but you allowed a shitfuck canada shop to keep make a shitty service living
    to save a few bucks
    didnt ya?
    and the more words that you type
    the stupider you come off
    and the less likely you will be rewarded for it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You've never repaired skis before have you?
    Sure there's edge and base have damage. VERY light damage dude. Where's the sidewall damage?
    Not related

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    and the more words that you type
    the stupider you come off
    and the less likely you will be rewarded for it
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am only here to post in this most impotent of threads to say that I have 3 pairs of K2s currently mounted, abuse the shit out of them and they hold up just fine.

I buy them cause I like how they ski and because I can get them cheap.
    Same. I just replaced a 10 year old pair of K2s with... a brand new pair of K2s. Old pair still holding strong, mayyyyybe a bit of a delam happening on the inside tip of one of them but could just be edge scraping shenanigans.

I did bend a ski many moons ago though - a Viper X when I fell going about 100mph and broke my thumb. Shop up in Pano sent them back for me and I got brand new ones from Rossi within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You've never repaired skis before have you?
    Sure there's edge and base have damage. VERY light damage dude. Where's the sidewall damage?
    Not related

I’m new to the sport!

I’m new to the sport!
    Didn't say that.
    Jesus dude

But I did notice how you did not answer my question!