Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've bought skis from skibrd and have no complaints. Stand up guy.

Thread drift over...

I, and a couple of others, posted asking about credit card protection. I didn't notice a specific response on that - you said purchased through PayPal, but with a credit card too? Cards sometimes do offer warranty type services or act as a middleman for you.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming…

I haven’t been ignoring the question just haven’t had time to research it thoroughly. I’m traveling tomorrow and will have time to investigate if my credit card or bank account is attached to my PayPal, if I have some sort of consumer protection, and will get back with a response.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Something about this thread irks me. You obviously abuse the shit out of your gear--maybe you're just a klutz?--then warranty the fuck out of it, waaaaay more than any other hardcore skier I've ever known. Now you ski over some rocks, likely causing a delam to start, and now you want your skis--the ones you bought suspiciously cheap in the first place--to be replaced. And when you don't get your way, you come on here and start another one of those whiny "this company didn't give me what I want so I'm going online to bash them" threads.

I could be wrong, but taken in its entirety, this just doesn't pass the smell test.

I don’t have a track record of blaming my fuckups on other people. K2 called you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've bought skis from skibrd and have no complaints. Stand up guy.

Thread drift over...

I, and a couple of others, posted asking about credit card protection. I didn't notice a specific response on that - you said purchased through PayPal, but with a credit card too? Cards sometimes do offer warranty type services or act as a middleman for you.
    Cc companies,including PayPal, require evidence that goods were not delivered. He already acknowledged the skis were delivered and abused 5 days resulting in their destruction. Cc is not gonna reverse charges due to a warranty complaint.

You better check the mount on those skis. He still hasn’t learned how a jig works.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this thread delivers
    On so many levels, it's like one of those ice storm car videos from a steep street where the wrecks keep piling up.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

No axe to grind on the ski bird, but twice you’ve mentioned spreadsheets on days per ski and runs etc.

Holy ocd bro. You might need therapy

Skiing is the opposite of quant
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No axe to grind on the ski bird, but twice you’ve mentioned spreadsheets on days per ski and runs etc.

Too be fair said spreadsheets were started partially because of the amount of shit his roomates (me and others) were giving him about the amount of skis that he owns and how frequently each one gets used. Any of them that get less than 5 days of use in the season will theoretically be sold off, not including any “rare” skis eg: his 203 shiros will never be sold, maybe others.

That said my main objective of having a tgr account is to give skibrd shit on here so don’t take my harassing of him too seriously, he has been getting the run around from this shop, which is pretty bullshit (as a former shop employee).

Also he sells everything for so cheap I don’t think many people can complain about what they got from him, based on what I’ve seen sold in the past couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Cc companies,including PayPal, require evidence that goods were not delivered. He already acknowledged the skis were delivered and abused 5 days resulting in their destruction. Cc is not gonna reverse charges due to a warranty complaint.

You better check the mount on those skis. He still hasn’t learned how a jig works.
    I agree that the CC/PayPal thing is a dead end. The skis ordered were delivered, that’s where any CC company should end the discussion on any guarantee. If their is a loop hole after that, I’m not going to exploit it. An attempt to glue the skis back together is being made, they are rock skis.

4 mags (and their family members) use my jig with no issues because it’s for skis between 80 and 130mm wide. Who knows how many skis have been mounted with no issues. Mags have bought skis and used holes that jig made with no issues. History isn’t on your side here Jack, you can drop it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Sorry? I get bored on vacation from work and like tracking numbers and trends. It lets me know what gets used and what doesn’t, so I know what to rotate out.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Something about this thread irks me. You obviously abuse the shit out of your gear--maybe you're just a klutz?--then warranty the fuck out of it, waaaaay more than any other hardcore skier I've ever known. Now you ski over some rocks, likely causing a delam to start, and now you want your skis--the ones you bought suspiciously cheap in the first place--to be replaced. And when you don't get your way, you come on here and start another one of those whiny "this company didn't give me what I want so I'm going online to bash them" threads.

I could be wrong, but taken in its entirety, this just doesn't pass the smell test.
    I am a bit of a klutz, that’s well known. I’m also a large person who skis hard and skis a lot of days. The only reoccurring warranty issue was my boots, and everyone (shop and Lange) shrugged their shoulders and said that’s going to happen.

Go buy from UrbanAlpine at your own risk then if you think that’s what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I am a bit of a klutz, that’s well known. I’m also a large person who skis hard and skis a lot of days. The only reoccurring warranty issue was my boots, and everyone (shop and Lange) shrugged their shoulders and said that’s going to happen.

Go buy from UrbanAlpine at your own risk then if you think that’s what’s going on.

Ski at your own risk and quite bitching about how your not the problem-because "newsflash" you are the problem!!!

I'll take care of you through my local shop. They are A+ for sure. PM me

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Sad to say but......
    K2's kinda suk.
    Quit skiing them long ago because edges compress WAY to fucking easy. Fuck K2's
    Looks like warrantee issue to me tho

It feels a bit AverBeetle 2.0. I hope that guy has found some peace. In no particular order:

You purchased mass produced skis known for durability issues since about the GS Race era from Ebay in another country.

Ski companies has been denying warranty for skis has show rock damage since about the beginning of time.

It has been succested that a 6 or 12 pack is proper currency in a sick shop.

I think your expectations are a bit skewed. Should the shop call you back...yeah. What should you expect? You should expect that they will ask that you send the skis to them at your expense. They will get an RA number and send the skis to K2. K2 will call the shop and rep and ask if this is a super good customer and if they should make an exception and warranty your skis. Shop will say fuck this guy, probably give you a call and ask for your CC to charge you to send the skis back.

Real talk: skis get warrantied because the manufacturer values the dealer relationship, not because of the customer.

But more importantly, a case of beer of exactly the type of beer the techs like is pretty much the minimum these days. Even better usually is food. Value of hookup should be 50% of cash price of work. In order to even have this privilege, you need to start up stairs will a $100 purchased of chapstick, socks, etc.

I gotta go w k2 should stand behind these. However

The edges and bases are fucking beat for 5 day old skis. Company isn’t going to fucking care if you wrote down the days you skied etc.

There are plenty of skis on that category that aren’t pieces of shit with known warranty issues. Consider them.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

That ts delam has nothing to do w/ rock damage. It should be warranteed.
    Warrantee should have 0 to do w/ dealer relationship. Consumer purchases fuel both the manufacturer of said item and the dealer that sells it. If it's legit warrantee.
    Fuck K2

Anyone who tips their ship guys a 6 or 12 pack is a moron and going to get terrible service. Feed your shop guys, pizza, Mexican, subs, something other then beer. Shop guys get more 30 racks every day then you’ve seen since your frat bro days at UVMWestern Colorado. These guys make minimum wage in expensive towns where food isn’t cheap. Show up with pizza and wings, or one of those giant 3ft long subs, or a huge bag of Taco Bell (or good Mexican if you’re town has that) and those guys will give you the best service you’ve ever seen. If I’m paying the shop (and I am here), I still show up with at minimum a large pizza, and my skis look brand new when I get them back. You are going to a ski shop with your $5/6/700 skis, $300 bindings, god knows how expensive of outer wear, and a season pass that’s $700-2400, don’t cheap out on a tip/pizza for the shop guys. They might look at you weird the first time, but the next time they will know exactly who you are and how you want your skis tuned.

I agree that your rep with the shop should matter. Skis are out of my hands so it’s a mute point now.

RIP Beetle

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yo foggy goggy are you a ski tech or a shop owner?
    or just playing one on the internet from a holiday inn express this morning?
    cause i dont need food or booze and most of my crew likes weed
    and no only fng make min wage
    aka real talk from the shop
    thread needs sum edjumacation soundtrack
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I am only here to post in this most impotent of threads to say that I have 3 pairs of K2s currently mounted, abuse the shit out of them and they hold up just fine.

I buy them cause I like how they ski and because I can get them cheap.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    cause i dont need food or booze and most of my crew likes weed
    and no only fng make min wage
    aka real talk from the shop
    No matter what they make, it’s not enough for the FIGJAM hardos they deal with daily.

I still get drug tested at work, and can’t smoke, so I didn’t think of weed as a tip, but that would be really well too!

What if the shop guy is a recovering alcoholic on a gluten free keto diet and you bring in a six pack and a pizza?

Does it show a lack respect?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Beer is not a good tip. Chocolate chip cookies on the other hand, now we’re talking! We love getting treats at the shop.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Jesus. No booze, food or weed. How about socks? Are socks okay?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Beer is not a good tip. Chocolate chip cookies on the other hand, now we’re talking! We love getting treats at the shop.
    And what if he's a diabetic?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ya all take your crotchfruit skiing and expose them to the slopes and peaks
    "i find i have had my reward in the repeated doing of the thing"
    and the next gen of shop rats shall have theirs
    same as it ever was
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno