Page 864 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 ... LastLast
Results 21,576 to 21,600 of 41810
    What's going on with vaccines? Great summary.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...update-june-29

Doesn't include recombinant antibodies (i.e. Regeneron) which might have a therapeutic impact (not an immunization) this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

OR is going full state requirement to wear a mask on Wed [public indoor spaces]...that's going to infuriate the morons further
    queue Umatilla County revolt!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Will this cause renewed interest in the Move Oregon Borders for a Greater Idaho movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Are they, though? Econ 101 says rental rates should go down in that case, but they're doing exactly the opposite.
    Could be that they determined while demand is down, anyone who wants a rental car really needs a rental car and are not price conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I don’t know man.

Shrooms are amazing but acid is the next level.

Like turn your phone off, cover all mirrors, kiss your kids goodbye and hope to be back in 8-12 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Meh. I thought psilocybin was just as potent if not more so if you took enough. Who was it that said to tell 5 grams and go sit in a dark room to get your head right? 4 was as high as I went as a kid but it was certainly a “trip” to a different dimension. It wasn’t like the walls were melting or spinning, more like I saw a whole landscape that wasn’t there. It didn’t matter if my eyes were open or closed I still saw it. If I needed to do something I could but just took a lot of focus on reality. But I endorse the idea, I’d like to give all the participants in my local NextDoor a hit and I bet there’d be a marked improvement in civility the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Could be that they determined while demand is down, anyone who wants a rental car really needs a rental car and are not price conscious.
    I'll buy this.

But I endorse the idea, I’d like to give all the participants in my local NextDoor a hit and I bet there’d be a marked improvement in civility the next day.
    "Psilocybin mushrooms make nicer people."

-Paul Stamets

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    There are people who’ve take acid and people who haven’t.

It re-wires your brain a bit and easy to tell the people apart for me.

We all need our brains re-wired at the moment.

Ridiculous, what kind of mind would think such a thing?

“A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move toward higher levels.”

― Albert Einstein
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Mandatory monthly trip for all adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    FTR, I wasn't directing that at you, but at "The Dudes Who Won’t Wear Masks"

And disclaimer: I'm only an armchair dentist.

I've said it before - possibly in this thread - that there is no constitutional right of ordinary citizens' entry onto private property. In fact, it's quite the opposite: the constitution grants property owners the right of "sole dominion", which could be described as a right to exclude others, aka trespass.

So let's imagine that I own a business, and the property that it operates on. I am well within my legal rights to refuse service to anyone for a wide range of reasons: no shirt/shoes for a restaurant, or unruly behavior, or intoxication, or uttering threats, or shoplifting, etc... Additionally, the government(s) can, and have, regulated conditions of entry, eg. no smoking, age requirement for a bar or R movie, no guns in a bar, no more people than the building max occupancy, etc...

Now let's say that business is a zoo, and I say you can't have a family picnic in the middle of the lions' enclosure. First, that's my right even if it were cuddly friendly animals instead of deadly ones, and second - more importantly - I have a legal duty to not negligently risk my customers' safety. Taking every step available to prevent a customer from contracting a possibly fatal disease during a global pandemic certainly falls within that purview.

A member of the public's right of access ends when the property owner tells them to leave.

So these hypocritical 'muh freedum' fools keep parroting this "masks are unconstitutional" nonsense while simultaneously demanding to infringe upon others' constitutionally protected rights.
    Well said. Not only that...
    Name:  B57AB72C-ABE0-407D-BFE9-715FC583BB1C-2792-00000531ED5E3B2F.PNG
Views: 535
Size:  535.5 KB
    This was posted earlier in some thread...

From the Freedom To Breathe Agency. It's really just a fucktard ID card.

Are they, though? Econ 101 says rental rates should go down in that case, but they're doing exactly the opposite.
    Sorry, I meant if you were looking to buy.

They know that the family vacation crowd has all cancelled, so it's business travel rents only and they can fleece them. Hertz also went BK, so that's gotta play into the equation too. The initial panic of needing to move and store the fleets is over. Now that a huge chunk of vehicles are parked in deep storage (they're often filling sports stadium parking lots), there aren't as many vehicles at airports where parking is more expensive so you're trying to get a vehicle out of an artificially reduced fleet. But if you're buying used, deals are out there. They're paying to store and maintain them, they're just liabilities.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

"You can't take away m'freeds ta not wear pants!!!"
    "Pants destroy God's perfect scrotal temperature control system, and you will burn in Hell for forcing us to wear pants!"
    Pants keep the toxic humors trapped against your skin causing us to DIE! You are murdering us!!"

Kilts FTW!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You gotta admire their shitty spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Mandatory monthly trip for all adults.
    Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Made by the same companies that make "registered emotional support animal" cards.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    "You can't take away m'freeds ta not wear pants!!!"
    "Pants destroy God's perfect scrotal temperature control system, and you will burn in Hell for forcing us to wear pants!"
    Pants keep the toxic humors trapped against your skin causing us to DIE! You are murdering us!!"
    You heard that woman at the city council meeting in Florida - "I don't wear a mask for the same reason I don't wear underwear, things gotta breath."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You gotta admire their shitty spelling.
    But if you deny them access they will return with their posse or posses depending on how popular they are.

And the typo at the bottom. Almost like it’s written by Russian bots.
    bumps are for poor people

Meh. I thought psilocybin was just as potent if not more so if you took enough. Who was it that said to tell 5 grams and go sit in a dark room to get your head right? 4 was as high as I went as a kid but it was certainly a “trip” to a different dimension. It wasn’t like the walls were melting or spinning, more like I saw a whole landscape that wasn’t there. It didn’t matter if my eyes were open or closed I still saw it. If I needed to do something I could but just took a lot of focus on reality. But I endorse the idea, I’d like to give all the participants in my local NextDoor a hit and I bet there’d be a marked improvement in civility the next day.
    Always felt that those who have tripped acquired a certain extra empathy that would be very beneficial for everyone to have. However there’s different ways of using psychedelics. A walk in nature while frying is highly recommended! Huge festival and tripping balls is a whole different story. I was lucky enough to grow up with plenty of woods and shrooms growing naturally. Not sure I could handle those doses of psilocybin anymore but certainly feel that they made me a better person.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Rental car prices have gone absolutely bonkers lately. I can only assume it's because people can't/won't fly.
    Well, Hertz is sorta crippled, too.

Or, they have to maintain '19 revenue as much as possible to pay off at least some of the shit bonds they've sold for stupid debt the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Aubrey Huff is the same asshole that the Giants didn't invite back for their 2010 World Series reunion. The guy is a grade-A asshole, people should just ignore the douchebag.
    I'm really enjoying the lack of high paid jocks silenced by the shutdowns of their business jabbering on my media. But every now and then an asshole makes it through, like him, and Tom Brady and his nothing to fear bullshit. Hopefully we have at least a one year vacation from that grotesque idiocy. But, what will men talk about?

Rental car prices have gone absolutely bonkers lately. I can only assume it's because people can't/won't fly.
    Maybe now. But I basically just drove cross country in a Camry for $25 a day. The car came off long term storage with a dead battery. Parked for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Sure - if you have covid or even covid symptoms then parking yourself next to your closest Mayo Clinic ICU just in case is gonna maximize your chances if you get hit hard.

But that is unrealistic. People who live in smaller towns or remote areas with small hospitals are gonna have worse outcomes if they get a bad case of covid. And they are gonna likely need intubation before leaving their small hospital. We’re talking about 20% of the population living in rural areas.
    I'm thinking about all the bay area people flocking to truckee tahoe.
    People who have a choice. As you rightly point out, a lot of people don't.