Page 1479 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... LastLast
Results 36,951 to 36,975 of 39151
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Okanogan county started offering this a couple weeks ago. My wife and I signed up and it turned out the deal was 4 @ home tests each and each test is a 2 pack so we've got 16 individual tests between the two of us. Hopefully that is enough to get through the rest of the Greek alphabet.
    LOL! Godspeed to you both.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I'm willing to wager that workers who hang their hat on being non-compliant are overall negatives to their work environment. Doubly so in a public health setting. I'm sure you can find some brah who is good at shelping shingles up a ladder who is willing to quit over vax, but in a professional setting, I guarantee that these ppl are problem employees in other aspects of their work. The exception is few and far between; HR loves removing this dead wood.

One bad apple, spoils the bunch or something.
    For real. I really hope Asspenis is independently wealthy or at least owns his own dental practice because I'd feel terrible for his employer.

I’m really waiting for someone to lie they are unvaxxed just to get fired and go on unemployment in Iowa or Florida or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’m really waiting for someone to lie they are unvaxxed just to get fired and go on unemployment in Iowa or Florida or wherever.
    Wouldn't the employer just contest it? Voluntarily choosing not to comply with work requirements...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I know a guy who recently got fired for falsifying his vax card. Young guy, good job, family and a nice house, but a total dumbass. Now a few of his buddies at the same job are refusing to get vaxxed and will be fired as a result. These guys were already punching above their weight in these jobs, and they'll probably not see that kind of money, benefits, etc for many years to come, but at least they didn't submit to getting a vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I know a guy who recently got fired for falsifying his vax card. Young guy, good job, family and a nice house, but a total dumbass. Now a few of his buddies at the same job are refusing to get vaxxed and will be fired as a result. These guys were already punching above their weight in these jobs, and they'll probably not see that kind of money, benefits, etc for many years to come, but at least they didn't submit to getting a vaccine!
    And they're going to blame Biden and the Dems for all of it, everything that has ever and will ever happen to them, without taking a good long look in the mirror. So much for personal responsibility.

^^^ Murica! Fuck yeah!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for lying about his vax status surprises me not at all. Dude hasn’t been a good citizen for years

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for lying about his vax status surprises me not at all. Dude hasn’t been a good citizen for years

Why did he get 3 games and Rodgers got zero?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

when you are told " do this or get terminated " that is pretty definitive

trems of employment so I keep asking myself, where did the aniti-vax refusniks think this was going to go

I hesitate to say "how is it going to end" cuz it hasnt yet ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Overheard today:

Omicron is right out of a lab, a stripped down version of Covid that has been modified to be highly infectious, relatively benign and gives your immune system a big boost against all known variants. This was all a test.
    You learn so much interesting shit talking to people.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Overheard today:

It'll still be "natural" infection, though, right?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It's Darwinian.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Overheard today:

And you didn’t say “Wow, I had no idea! Tell me more!”
    Disappointed…

Some background.

He was a plumber installing fire suppression and a Grizzly Bear of a man. Genial enough but not someone you wanted to start an argument with. His claim is that "they" have realized that the vaccine won't stop the experiment and it has gotten out of control so now the remedy is an engineered virus to enhance everyone'ss immune system. And this is just another way to confirm that they can now control the populace through the manipulation of virus. Then he started down the road of mind control etc.

It was about that time my phone rang.

Some background.

He was a plumber installing fire suppression and a Grizzly Bear of a man. Genial enough but not someone you wanted to start an argument with. His claim is that "they" have realized that the vaccine won't stop the experiment and it has gotten out of control so now the remedy is an engineered virus to enhance everyone'ss immune system. And this is just another way to confirm that they can now control the populace through the manipulation of virus. Then he started down the road of mind control etc.

Nice that phones can go off without making a sound these days.

My wife has been implementing the suggested "but did they die?" to similar effect. So far 100% effective at changing the subject, in fact--downside is it seems the next subject is politics. I may suggest an earpiece so she can use the incoming call option.

The long covid i suspect. VibesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211203_131418.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	395058

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The long covid i suspect. VibesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211203_131418.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	395058

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Was her name Mary?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I went with the John's Johnson mom.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-03-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Some background.

it is difficult to be the biggest idiot. the competition is so big nowadays!
    "I have been coming from mountain to mountain and sometimes you feel like, you are fucked, but when you say you are actually fucked, you are only what 45% fucked." NIRMAL PURJA

Some background.

You gotta judge the situation but I just listen and then give a blanket, “Nope.”

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Always good to have a child nearby to say, “that’s really dumb” with direct eye contact

You can say that with your eyes and expression without saying a word. Worked for me a time or three.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/...e-lock-rattles

"For most of history, infectious disease has been one of the central realities of human life. Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs and Steel (1997) is overly deterministic, but the basic point it makes about the importance of contagious illness to human history remains valid. The map of our planet was shaped by infectious disease: Cortés gets most of the blame/credit, but it was the viruses he brought with him that destroyed the Aztec empire. It’s not just in the past and at population-wide scale that such illnesses have shaped humanity. Both my parents’ lives were fundamentally altered by infectious disease. My father caught polio in childhood in Africa and spent a year in bed with a leg brace; my mother caught tuberculosis as a young woman in Dublin and spent many months in a sanatorium. Her fiancé, whom she’d met in the sanatorium, died. Stories like this were not unusual among people born in the early decades of the last century. One of the main reasons global life expectancy has more than doubled since 1900 is that we have vaccines against diseases such as polio and TB.
    The weird world – Western, educated, industrialised, rich and democratic – has responded poorly to Covid, and part of the reason is that the weird world had been existing at a distance from this central reality of human history. As Adam Tooze points out in his brilliant book Shutdown, 91 per cent of deaths in the contemporary West are from noncommunicable diseases like cancers and strokes and heart attacks, many of them illnesses associated with modern lifestyles. The equivalent figure in sub-Saharan Africa is 34 per cent. We have a generation of leaders in the West who have no visceral understanding of the risks posed by infectious illness. In addition, as David Runciman has pointed out, politicians and government don’t get credit for the disasters and failures they prevent. The combination of these two factors – generational obliviousness and the bias away from the good governance of prevention – goes a long way to explaining why the UK government, despite having had the possibility of pandemic at the top of its risk register since that register was instituted in 2008, was so woefully unprepared for an event it was its job to predict and either prevent or mitigate."

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.