Page 1248 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 ... LastLast
Results 31,176 to 31,200 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh great, fatties to the front of the line. They should offer free injections at the local fast food joint along with a monster burger and a tub of soda.

Analysis | The Health 202: Obese Americans could be prioritized for coronavirus vaccine
    By Paige Winfield Cunningham

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...virus-vaccine/

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisers will meet tomorrow to discuss who should get coronavirus vaccines first.
    One population they may consider prioritizing: Americans who are obese — a major risk factor for severe covid-19 that some experts say has gone under-recognized.
    “Obesity was ignored for the longest time and overweight was completely ignored,” said Barry Popkin, an obesity researcher at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Now the CDC is talking about both, he said.
    The agency has already laid out four groups that should be considered for priority: health-care personnel, workers in essential and critical industries, older adults, and people with certain underlying medical conditions — including “severe obesity.” But it’s unclear to what extent the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will prioritize this group."
    How does "prioritizing" the obese accomplish anything when like 96% of America is obese? I'm a fat fuck myself, so I guess I'll go to the front of the line with all my bretheren in corpulence. Adios, losers!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    How does "prioritizing" the obese accomplish anything when like 96% of America is obese? I'm a fat fuck myself, so I guess I'll go to the front of the line with all my bretheren in corpulence. Adios, losers!!
    42% obesity. Yes, the majority of americans have a comorbidity. That's why the "just quarantine the weak" horseshit is just that.

But if you vaccinate first those more likely to get severely ill or die, it will drop the hospital burden and save more lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I think the problem is how long it’s going to take for these fatties to physically get to the front of the line.

They don’t tend to move that fast, unless it’s their first day on skis and they’re headed straight downhill at Keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think you made the right call visiting grandpa. At that age and with those medical problems he deserves to take the risk. When his time does come I hope he's fortunate enough to pass at home.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't expect to see peer reviewed published vaccine studies before there are EUA's and people start getting the shots. I think we'll have to depend on the FDA's panel of expert to review the raw data (which we wouldn't see in published reports anyway) to make the call. If the FDA gives the EUA I'll be very pissed if Newsom follows through on his plan for California to independently review the data before CA gets shots.
    Dood. There's stuff Bill Gates put in there that'll make people gay democrats targetable from space on the 666 network, mang.

That was a weird one (not the clip, the whole podcast) I got the vibe that Rogan and Donnell were genuinely annoyed with one another at the end. Friggin wires crossed.

I'm sorry Kevo, my condolences - seeing too much of this lately.
    Last edited by Tri-Ungulate; 11-30-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    I think the problem is how long it’s going to take for these fatties to physically get to the front of the line.
    Just drop a Twinkie nearby and while they’re distracted and eating, take their place in line.

That wasn’t politically correct, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post

They don’t tend to move that fast, unless it’s their first day on skis and they’re headed straight downhill at Keystone.
    I’m fairly ripped myself, but completely not down with the fat shaming.

And let's get real here for a second. I don't think people with a BMI of 30 are going to get to cut in line for vaccines. Pretty sure they're talking about morbid obesity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    42% obesity. Yes, the majority of americans have a comorbidity. That's why the "just quarantine the weak" horseshit is just that.

But if you vaccinate first those more likely to get severely ill or die, it will drop the hospital burden and save more lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And let's get real here for a second. I don't think people with a BMI of 30 are going to get to cut in line for vaccines. Pretty sure they're talking about morbid obesity here.
    Yeah, morbid obesity. BMI over 40. About 7% of adults, which is still a lot. In addition to the risk of covid for the morbidly obese, they pose a significant problem for nurses and other HCW's. The time and effort it takes to move them and otherwise care for them is a difficult problem when staff are already stretched thin.

it doesnt take than many extra lbs to get to 30

I duno i its still like that since Shandro has ben fucking up the Alberta HC system but the pros' got more money for operating on obese people

we were sitting in a bar at a med confrence in a nice hotel when an anesthetist told us " punch the weight/height figures into the calculater, get a BMI of 30 and its yeehaw we got a bimmer ! "

so i asked well is it that big a deal so the other Pro said " Oh yeah man just finding what it is we are cutting on, and then there are the reasons the patient is in the OR in the first place "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Dood. There's stuff Bill Gates put in there that'll make people gay democrats targetable from space on the 666 network, mang.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Nurses and their Fox-addled COVID patients...the story continues.. https://www.thecut.com/2020/11/nurse...956.1606751247
    And on the flip side
    Oncology nurse does a tic-tok routine about how she is a COVID scofflaw away from work.
    Gets put on leave by employer who now has a contact tracing fiasco to deal with
    https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Scott Atlas resigned. Since he was going to get fired anyway in Jan. I expect he'll be a regular on Fox, telling half of America how Biden's doing it wrong. Probably wanted to get a head start.

Maybe Santa Clara County will make an example of him with its enforcement of its new travel band quarantine when he returns back to Stanford.

So sorry to hear Kevo. Vibes++ to you and your family.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    My 90 year old grandma died from Covid yesterday. She was diagnosed on Friday and quickly took a turn for the worse. No family was allowed to be with her and there's really no way to have a funeral. Shit sucks.
    I am sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kind vibes to those here that’ve lost loved ones to the virus.

I lost a cousin - a person that I much-admired as a badass and genuinely good guy - that happened to be in high-risk categories, to the virus a couple weeks ago. The undertaker referred to his cause of death as a heart attack.

Please take care of yourselves folks.

Scott Atlas resigned.
    Atlas shrugged.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Condolences Kevo.

Here's the original article. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/12/3642/htm
    I've been taking Vit D 2000/d to keep from breaking ribs and other stuff. (my doctor recommended.)

Scott Atlas resigned.
    Oh what will we do without his incredible guidance?

He hasn't worked at Stanford since 2012, by the way. Pretty confident they wouldn't want him back at this point.