Page 1074 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 ... LastLast
Results 26,826 to 26,850 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well from COVID, quite possibly. You conveniently left out this part of the story (especially being that you posted a screenshot and not a link): According to CNN:
    "Despite a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia, her sisters shared with CNN affiliate KHOU, going into work was "what (Adeline) wants to be doing."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/ho...ath/index.html

Hats off to this brave young woman. Her memory deserves to be honored having willingly gone into that battlefield given her history. HOWEVER, please don't let the narrative get in the way of the facts. More and more evidence is mounting that one of the things that puts you in higher risk is prolonged exposure to the virus, thus why so many medical personnel have been getting it as compared to the rest of the younger population. A hospital can be one of the absolute worst places you can spend time in these days if you're one of the more vulnerable members of our population, which yes, Dr. Fagan was apparently part of too.
    "hats off to this brave woman"

How disingenuous of you.

"she had underlying conditions and was just asking for it" .. in all CAPS for good measure.

"A $1 billion fund Congress gave the Pentagon in March to build up the country’s supplies of medical equipment has instead been mostly funneled to defense contractors and used for making things such as jet engine parts, body armor and dress uniforms."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...unds-pentagon/

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "A $1 billion fund Congress gave the Pentagon in March to build up the country’s supplies of medical equipment has instead been mostly funneled to defense contractors and used for making things such as jet engine parts, body armor and dress uniforms."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...unds-pentagon/
    That's banana republic as fuck.

Well from COVID, quite possibly. You conveniently left out this part of the story (especially being that you posted a screenshot and not a link): According to CNN:
    "Despite a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia, her sisters shared with CNN affiliate KHOU, going into work was "what (Adeline) wants to be doing."

Hats off to this brave young woman. Her memory deserves to be honored having willingly gone into that battlefield given her history. HOWEVER, please don't let the narrative get in the way of the facts. More and more evidence is mounting that one of the things that puts you in higher risk is prolonged exposure to the virus, thus why so many medical personnel have been getting it as compared to the rest of the younger population. A hospital can be one of the absolute worst places you can spend time in these days if you're one of the more vulnerable members of our population, which yes, Dr. Fagan was apparently part of too.
    Indeed, you are disingenuous. You jump on the right-wing bandwagon right off the bat, acting like 'Maybe it was COVID, but I'm sure there was a self-inflicted bullet injury/car wreck/or something else wherein it was counted as COVID but isn't." Your fucking playbook is old shit already. How an entire group of people could endlessly mimic the biggest asshole on earth, verbatim in most cases, with the most cold-hearted, uneducated, dickish attitudes is what I consider proof of the brainwashed status of your cult. You're channeling Trump, right? I'd say that was really cosmic if it wasn't so sickening.

You are the definition of a simpleton.

Simpleton: noun: A person who lacks the capacity to think beyond simple thoughts, and masks his ignorance by reciting information he heard.

Sorry splats, but if you want to talk about being disingenuous or simple, how about posts like rideski's which are to point out rarer cases among the young like Dr. Fagans and being like "See? SEE?! NOBODY IS SAFE!" Completely neglecting the very real facts that the young doctor DID have a serious medical history that placed her right into the high risk category.

Not talking ill of her, but the fact remains that not all of us are at the same level of risk as others. That shouldn't be so off-limits to discuss as we try and figure all this shit out. Many of us are tired of the absolutely false narrative that everybody should be afraid of dying of this thing. The truth is becoming more and more apparent that the young (and healthy) are overwhelmingly perfectly safe. It's absurd that we keep finding the rare cases of a young person dying of it and conveniently leaving out the other halves of these stories. All it does is unjustifiably play into everyone's fear and emotions.

Sorry splats, but if you want to talk about being disingenuous or simple, how about posts like rideski's which are to point out rarer cases among the young like Dr. Fagans and being like "See? SEE?! NOBODY IS SAFE!" Completely neglecting the very real facts that the young doctor DID have a serious medical history that placed her right into the high risk category.

Not talking ill of her, but the fact remains that not all of us are at the same level of risk as others. That shouldn't be so off-limits to discuss as we try and figure all this shit out. Many of us are tired of the absolutely false narrative that everybody should be afraid of dying of this thing. The truth is becoming more and more apparent that the young (and healthy) are overwhelmingly perfectly safe. It's absurd that we keep finding the rare cases of a young person dying of it and conveniently leaving out the other halves of these stories. All it does is unjustifiably play into everyone's fear and emotions.
    Keep fucking that chicken and lean a little harder into the broom bootstrapper.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Unfortunately common sense doesn't seem to work for many people. It is correct that many people are not at high risk of dying as the result of COVID-19, but many people use this as evidence that they don't need to wear a mask, don't need to socially distance, etc. I guess they're either too dumb or too selfish to realize that this is an infectious disease and if they are infected they are very likely to infect others, some of whom may be at high risk. The end result is we need to point out that it's not just a bunch of geriatrics dying and that young people can also be affected and even die as well.

Not talking ill of her, but the fact remains that not all of us are at the same level of risk as others. That shouldn't be so off-limits to discuss as we try and figure all this shit out. Many of us are tired of the absolutely false narrative that everybody should be afraid of dying of this thing.
    I think I'm starting to get this. Most people see the risk of becoming a factory for a deadly virus and thus becoming a risk to others. We all expect the risk of getting it (and becoming a factory) is approximately equal. But some of us only care about risks to ourselves and want to freeride by socializing risks to others as long as that means zero cost to ourselves.

I'm sure you're very polite, Austin, but that's evil. And you know it.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I think I'm starting to get this. Most people see the risk of becoming a factory for a deadly virus and thus becoming a risk to others. We all expect the risk of getting it (and becoming a factory) is approximately equal. But some of us only care about risks to ourselves and want to freeride by socializing risks to others as long as that means zero cost to ourselves.
    Seems about accurate. Their "freedom" trumps (no pun intended) public health considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Seems about accurate. Their "freedom" trumps (no pun intended) public health considerations.
    I've been a libertarian for at least 3 decades. I get freedom. "Freedom" to harm others is the philosophy of the anarcho-nihilist. Fuck that noise.

Even young people who get the disease and don't die, end up with severe issues, neuromuscular, respiratory and cardiovascular.

Not a lot of fun

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The GOP stance on gun rights through years of school shootings made its position on COVID pretty predictable.

Look man, it's their stupid fault if they are high risk and go out in public.

You're a fucking asshole.

25 million Americans have asthma. Most live long, healthy and productive lives with only mild inconvenience...

If the Orsnge turd would have acted like a real leader and we all started wearing masks in Febuary this woman and probably 199,999 others would still be alive...

celebrates lifting of ban by arguing with some d-bag everyone else learned to ignore. lol

This is gonna go well.

Yes, you still miss the point dumbfuck. The point of all the measures in place, masks, social distancing, etc is to protect others, especially the more vulnerable you selfish cunt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    The GOP stance on gun rights through years of school shootings made its position on COVID pretty predictable.
    It fits right in with the prevailing philosophy of ‘privatize the profits, socialize the costs.’

no - it's a political right's issue - laughing - you can do what you want when you want in 'merica - fuck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Yes, you still miss the point dumbfuck. The point of all the measures in place, masks, social distancing, etc is to protect others, especially the more vulnerable you selfish cunt.
    Well fucking said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The biggest problem with the Trumptard/Freedom shouters is that they don’t grasp that the only real freedom we have is our thought. Most of them gave that up a long time ago. This holds true for the mindless Left/Hardcore Democrats as well.

They have a Constitutional right to harm others; apparently the Constitution is a suicide pact.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Exactly.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Exactly.
    It was his use of the word cunt, mirite?

according to my Kiwi bud we're all cunts but you got good cunts and bad cunts
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know