Page 1056 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 ... LastLast
Results 26,376 to 26,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    HEY ! What's wrong with taxes ? They're the price you pay for civilized society. Trump doesn't pay taxes and is he civilized ?
    I love taxes. I'm just saying most people like to complain about them so it's an easy hook.

Taxes are very necessary and still fun to bitch about. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Those were both gifts from my wife. I do like reading about history and culture. I'll add hamilton to the list, thanks. I like reading about criminal behavior so Trump has been a good subject. When NY gets ahold of him I expect some great articles on how that whole family is a criminal enterprise.
    You mean like the Clintons?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh for dog sakes. I'm sick of hearing about the damn Clintons.

But the emails!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

hahaha moran

Thing that gets me is that the boot lickers are so out there now; visibly still marching and posting - being useful idiots for their Master and everyone is witnessing their cult captivity. It mind melting.
    My aunt is really wound up in the whole thing and devoutly loyal to Trump. It’s super repulsive and though I’m civil I really have lost so much respect.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Maybe it does this time. Maybe in the shit show of December and January when this election is being contested it will matter. Who knows.

What is the downside to voting?
    Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    But the emails!!!
    Funniest thing Bernie ever said was when he said he was sick of the damn emails.

Lulz in my news feed:

Fact check: Trump lies that he didn't lie about the coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Big issue. The last thing i want is to be a burden on my family.

Faced with an incurable disease, i would opt out of treatment.
    Problem though is dementia.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yeah--figuring out you have dementia when it's advanced enough to be certain but not too late to do something about it is tricky. You can't just hang yourself the next time you can't find your keys. A subject I've thought about a lot.

Re Woodward--I think the obvious reason he didn't say anything in February was that he, like most of us, didn't realize how bad it was going to be.
    Back then people--not just Trump--were talking about how SARS just went away. We thought all we had to do was stop shaking hands. A lot of us, maybe most of us, were pissed when they ski areas shut down in March. No need to infer any strategy on his part. Obviously the impact of his book, at least in the blogoshpere, is a lot more with 190,000 deaths behind us than it would have been in February. Hell, a lot of us who hate Trump would have been making fun of Trump for saying how bad it was going to be.

The problem with Trump is not that he fucked up--a lot of people did--but that he hasn't learned a fucking thing and will keep fucking up with the coronavirus and with any other crisis that confronts him if given the chance.
    Last edited by old goat; 09-11-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Fair point that releasing tapes in February wouldn't have done anything. Lots of months between April and September, though. If, for example, he releases them in time for the citizens of Sturgis to prevail ("if Trump isn't getting exposed, why should we?") that's meaningful. Federal policy is far from the only issue.

A transmission prevented in May prevents what, 1000 cases by now? The moment "reopen" became the covidiots' mantra was pivotal. 190k dead drives book sales, but millions infected also means also means the argument for herd infection is stronger now than before.

Y'all act like the government/president never misled the public about a pandemic or it's origins. See Woodrow Wilson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Not that anyone cares but in this case they are obviously both wrong. Trump lied, Woodward held on to his information to juice book sales.
    I’d bet Bob Woodward told his family to stock up on n95 masks and halt personal close contact events.
    Didnt my NC senator tell his esteemed donors in early February to dump their stocks and Armageddon was coming, all while I was flying across the country visiting hospitals.
    The whole thing is fucked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with Trump is not that he fucked up--a lot of people did--but that he hasn't learned a fucking thing and will keep fucking up with the coronavirus and with any other crisis that confronts him if given the chance.
    QFmotherfuckingT

The rest of the post was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Big issue. The last thing i want is to be a burden on my family.

Faced with an incurable disease, i would opt out of treatment.
    Problem though is dementia.
    whats an incurable disease? the definition probably varies from person to person
    get your medical directives together your dnr and all that fun shit it's pretty sobering to do
    research doctors who will do assisted suicide many can't because they work for a corporation that hides behind a religious organization that dictates what kind of medical care they are allowed to give
    one day on a ventelator or whatever they call it was good enough for me wouldn't want to do it weeks on end

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    If you don't vote you don't get to bitch about anything gov related - including taxes.
    I pay less taxes today than I have in my entire life
    winning! corporate tax laws all the way

You paid taxes when you were six?

Nice article about SARS-CoV-2 mutations
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/o...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    How are the polls supposed to move, are there so many people who will change their mind between Kanye and an actual candidate in the next week?

What else is there to see; one guy killed a few hundred thousand americans while tanking the economy, had half his friends and advisors locked up, and can't come close to putting out the national fires figuratively or literally... the other guy is a little meh. Fuck. I'm ready for the no confidence vote yesterday!

The only thing that would make a difference at this point is if voters get free dinner at Taco Bell or something. November can't arrive soon enough for us to see how much longer we have to live with this dumpster fire of an administration.

simple - the beastie boys book looks beautiful, nice
    What about a pack of free smokes and a bus ride. I'm confident that strategy has worked in the past.

Buy tobacco stocks.

Wapo equates Trump and Fauci

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9bOaJTdOBv_6Cw

So who, cdc, trump and Fauci were all lying to us.

Will miracles never cease?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Marc A. Thiessen, Wapo's token far right op ed columnist, equates Trump and Fauci

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9bOaJTdOBv_6Cw

So who, cdc, trump and Fauci were all lying to us.

Will miracles never cease?
    FIFY. Wapo does a disservice to conservatism by publishing this guy. His columns are so off the wall they can't be taken seriously. Surely there are better columnists on the right they could publish. Maybe Wapo prints him to make the right look ridiculous. And yeah, Fauci and others lied about masks because they feared a run on masks. Maybe that saved HCW's lives initially at the expense of more lives lost in the long run. Unlike Trump, Fauci has owned up to the mistake although not as strongly as I would like.

The tragedy is that we still don't have enough masks for HCW's.
    Returning to facts--N95's are still in short supply because White House failed to sign contracts to manufacture a critical material, allowed the material to be exported, and refuses to guarantee manufacturers who invest in machinery to make the stuff that the govt will buy N95's after the pandemic.
    https://apnews.com/1295eae6f73d1870a23cb8e2cb66ad05
    Last edited by old goat; 09-11-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Yabbut, which one lies about lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Y'all act like the government/president never misled the public about a pandemic or it's origins. See Woodrow Wilson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    So you're down with that? Holey fk.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.