Page 1592 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 ... LastLast
Results 39,776 to 39,800 of 41810
    SkiJ--here's one for you. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...had%20diabetes.
    Read the Results summary. Or the whole paper if you like. If you care about the subject and want to find more documentation feel free to google it yourself. (Hint--you can find plenty more articles that document the relationship between income and diabetes, also high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, and smoking.)

ski(skiskiskiski... ), I keyed a long message to your tale of woe ^^^
    perhaps mercifully, it was lost to cyberspace...

I stand by my claim -
    in usofa, a person seeking medical care, can receive medical care ;
    that is not the same thing as a person needing health care(,) who may or may not seek health care --

goat - Thank you for your reference - I have read it, and I will give it more thought.
    the incidence of type 2 diabetes in Saskatchewan from 2000 - 2008 is not my issue, and
    I share a concern written by the authors ( about the applicability of the study to national or international (conclusions) ) - And

I stand by my concerns about the conclusions that have led to this tangent
    ( the study cited defined 'socio-economic status' as [economic status and education. ] and yet we are talking about poverty. in a study in which the average annual income was $23,000. (Canadian) . for Saskatchewan - )

I stand by my claim -
    vaccination status is more prevalent factor to death from covid than poverty. ( there are plenty of people who died of covid who would not be classified as ( impoverished ) , and
    I probably need to stop taking this bait. )

I hope you (all) have a good week. skiJ

You're missing the point. Vaccination status correlates with economic status. So does education level. And all those health indicators I mentioned. There is nothing new or surprising about this. It's been documented over and over and over. Before covid and since. Poverty kills. Yes, there are well-educated wealthy people who aren't vaccinated who die of covid, but when you look at the overall numbers the only way you cannot see the connection between wealth and health is to squeeze your eyes shut as hard as you can, and even then at least some of the light will probably get in. I hope.

And the reason I brought up diabetes is that diabetes is a huge risk factor for Covid. As are those other pre-existing conditions. Isn't that what we're talking about? Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    heard from an american friend today in shanghai who is there with spouse and child. they've been locked down in their compound since mar 18. all people in their compound must give negative tests to a gov administered throat swab (sounds like a pcr test) at least 2 weeks apart for the residents of the compound to be released from isolation. over 2 weeks ago, a few kids tested "abnormal" by the gov, which was assumed by the gov as positive enough to lockdown the compound, but not take the kids away. the gov testers have not returned. residents in the compound are home-testing almost daily and none have had positive tests. they know of a few people that have been able to leave and fly to the US, but it sounds like the trip from compound to an airplane that actually takes-off is sketchy and high risk. currently, the positive side is that all in the compound have adequate food and nobody is physically sick.
    Mind if I ask, high risk how? Seems sort of to have yadda yadda'd over the most interesting part there. What exactly are the risks in that journey?

Hope they're well. Scary place to be right now, although I'd think China doesn't want to mess with US citizens too much.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

(( message acknowledged.

stepping back - ))

I hope you have a good week.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Weed kills the Rona
    Inhaling hot smoke... virus that attacks and infects lungs... might actually be something to that.. Blunts not bongs..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Inhaling hot smoke... virus that attacks and infects lungs... might actually be something to that.. Blunts not bongs..
    I've heard that inhaling bleach works, too...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I've heard that inhaling bleach works, too...
    Enema. Bleach enema. Insert UV light required to activate it.

I’m a bong guy. They work just fine as far as blocking the rona as well. So far.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Mind if I ask, high risk how? Seems sort of to have yadda yadda'd over the most interesting part there. What exactly are the risks in that journey?

Hope they're well. Scary place to be right now, although I'd think China doesn't want to mess with US citizens too much.
    The rules continue to evolve. Each traveler has to have an official negative covid test no more than 24 hrs before lift-off. Once you leave your compound, you can’t get back in. There were a series of check points and forms that had to be correctly completed, and apparently one of them did not make sense. it took that family 4 flight bookings to actually get on a flight. They had to rebook 3 times at the airport because they each flight prior flight would get canceled. The flight they ended up getting onto was several hours seated at the gate because the airlines couldn’t initially find enough staff for the plane. My friend’s family, because of that risk, has currently decided to wait-it-out until their return flight at the end of the spring. Currently, they don’t know when they’ll be able to step out of their compound.

Thanks bodywhomper. Good luck to your friends. That's a fucking shit show courtesy of the PRC
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Sry for the typos.

Per my friend, it looks like PRC is no longer separating covid+ family from the rest of their families regardless of age.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Get ready for airline travel to be a huge disaster. This country sucks.
    Not sure it will make much difference. Last time I flew (a few weeks ago) probably half the passengers had masks off ("eating") for most of the flight, were wearing chin diapers, bandana masks, etc.. Flight attendants (wearing loose cloth masks) had pretty much given up enforcement and were just trying to sling drinks like usual. Might as well let people do what they want, those who are concerned can still mask up with KN95/KF94/N95. I'll probably wear a KN95 for boarding/deboarding with the engines off (when there's no air circulation) and take it off in the air (when circulation is good), as much to avoid cold/flu as COVID.

The ruling may or may not have an effect on the course of the pandemic but if allowed to stand it essentially guts the CDC of any enforceable powers when the next pandemic or localized outbreak of an infection hits. Hopefully this will be appealed but I am not optimistic if it reaches the SCOTUS, since it's part of the right wing legal agenda to destroy the ability of the federal govt to regulate anything.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Not sure it will make much difference. Last time I flew (a few weeks ago) probably half the passengers had masks off ("eating") for most of the flight, were wearing chin diapers, bandana masks, etc.. Flight attendants (wearing loose cloth masks) had pretty much given up enforcement and were just trying to sling drinks like usual. Might as well let people do what they want, those who are concerned can still mask up with KN95/KF94/N95. I'll probably wear a KN95 for boarding/deboarding with the engines off (when there's no air circulation) and take it off in the air (when circulation is good), as much to avoid cold/flu as COVID.
    Yep - this is where we're at currently. I'll probably wear a N95 while traveling, 'cause they don't really bother me and I'd prefer to not get the cooties.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep - this is where we're at currently. I'll probably wear a N95 while traveling, 'cause they don't really bother me and I'd prefer to not get the cooties.
    Same here. Unfortunately, the mask protection for 2 and 5 year olds isn't as good as adult N95s.

[QUOTE=old goat;6597061] if it reaches the SCOTUS, since it's part of the right wing legal agenda to destroy the ability of the federal govt to regulate anything.[/QUOTE]

Except woman's health maters, gay marriage, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The ruling may or may not have an effect on the course of the pandemic but if allowed to stand it essentially guts the CDC of any enforceable powers when the next pandemic or localized outbreak of an infection hits. Hopefully this will be appealed but I am not optimistic if it reaches the SCOTUS, since it's part of the right wing legal agenda to destroy the ability of the federal govt to regulate anything.
    They would have been wise then not to extend the mask mandate so much longer than was obviously necessary, and after such measures had been suspended almost everywhere else. The most recent extension especially was total overreach and counter productive.

Just left France to come back to California.

At the school my daughter was in, 10 years old, over half her class was sick with COVID the week we left.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They would have been wise then not to extend the mask mandate so much longer than was obviously necessary, and after such measures had been suspended almost everywhere else. The most recent extension especially was total overreach and counter productive.
    I hope you're right. However, we won't know for sure until another month or so. Seems to me that even with things really settling down.. spending 4 hours + in a pressurized metal tube full of 300 people packed together like sardines.. better be damned certain the threat has fully dissipated before dropping the mask mandates.

Plus toddlers can't get vaxxed effectively or wear masks well..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I hope you're right. However, we won't know for sure until another month or so. Seems to me that even with things really settling down.. spending 4 hours + in a pressurized metal tube full of 300 people packed together like sardines.. better be damned certain the threat has fully dissipated before dropping the mask mandates.

Plus toddlers can't get vaxxed effectively or wear masks well..
    I always thought the actually plane wasn’t a big place of risk due to the HEPA filtered and very frequent air changes….am I mistaken?

Wasn’t there a shit show in heathrow a few weeks back due to sick airlines staff?

My friend/coworker in Shanghai and his family have been allowed to leave their apartment and stretch their legs within the confines of their “compound.” I guess they were not allowed to leave their apartment because of potential positive cases in their compound.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I always thought the actually plane wasn’t a big place of risk due to the HEPA filtered and very frequent air changes….am I mistaken?
    NYT says if you wear a mask you have a 50% chance of not getting COVID if you are seated near an unmasked contagious COVID positive human.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Get ready for airline travel to be a huge disaster. This country sucks.
    It definitely makes me want to fly less than I would with a mask requirement.