Page 1559 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... LastLast
Results 38,951 to 38,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m amazed at how random this disease is. I finally got it after a year of working in the hospital. We are heavily impacted. My county had its record number of cases Thursday, the day I tested positive. Fortunately I shopped on Wednesday so I’m ok for a while. Annoyingly, nobody working at the natural foods store was masked, and neither were most costumers. Better compliance at the supermarket. I feel like I should just go to the natural foods store and shop unmasked while I’m sick.

Day 3 and I still feel like shit. Headache, ear ache, sinus pressure, sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever, body aches, and zero appetite or energy. Mucinex and ibuprofen sorta help. Fuck this shit.
    Shit. GWS.

I mentioned this a while back about my older friend needing emergency transport and the winds were too high for life flight and no ambulance crews were available so ER doc and nurse got an ambulance and drivers and headed down (I had said earlier he drove, but the doc was in back). Lots of crap in the world, but this is one of those feel good stories where someone steps into the breach to save a life.

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/01/...ra-mile-or-80/

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I mentioned this a while back about my older friend needing emergency transport and the winds were too high for life flight and no ambulance crews were available so ER doc and nurse got an ambulance and drivers and headed down (I had said earlier he drove, but the doc was in back). Lots of crap in the world, but this is one of those feel good stories where someone steps into the breach to save a life.

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/01/...ra-mile-or-80/
    FKNA

Seriously. A great story!

Double
    Last edited by subtle plague; 01-23-2022 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Because I have a mobile out of hell
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Some of you actually like Meatloaf’s music??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    you would listen to anything but you wouldn't listen to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_ViIPA-Gc
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Not surprised that the health food GNS type store has low mask compliance. I have a couple friends from high school or college that are the fitness fanatic health food, heavy supplements user type. They're also anti vax/masks. Think that nature and non FDA regulated pills they believe are natural is all they need to stay healthy and their body will develop the necessary natural immunities if in proper balance when exposed. We could go back and forth all day about whether or not a 100% "natural" diet is all that is needed.. Try that for a few decades without any modern medicine starting with childhood required vaccines and get back to me..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Around here compliance is very high in the natural foods store where I get my coffee beans and in the hardware store. People are sheep--on both sides of the vax spectrum. They mostly do what everyone around them is doing.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't

1- Enter healthy living supplement stores
    2- Start coughing and sniffing.
    3- Say "I might have Covid but superior health will defend the virus so you have no worries. "
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

3- Say "I might have Covid but superior health will defend the virus so you have no worries. "
    Because not everyone in a health food store is a pencil neck geek or a woman with hairy legs. Some of them can punch.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

because its way easier to just post stupid shit on the intertubes
    vrs. having to go do it irl?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    OG, after doing all I have been asked to for the last 2 years I am really ready to see major rule changes going forward.
    No more lock downs, masks, whatever. Either you have a little common sense and are fully vaccinated and trying to be safe around the those you love that may have compromised health or you're not vaxed and at at the end of the line for all health care. If you are found to be non-vaxed and test positive in public, the first offense is a $10k fine and 6 months in county jail. After that we ship you to a Catalina island with a tent, sleeping bag, some supplies and a pistol with 1 round in it.
    Stalinesque. He would love your line of authoritarian thinking.

I'll let the healthcare professionals chime in with the hippocratic oath and all, but lets all breathe in a sigh of relief that you're not in charge.

Buddy, if I was in charge there would be fewer assholes in the world for us all to endure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Follow up podcast to a previous podcast I posted a few weeks ago.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Wv...urce=copy-link

Tell that to the healthcare workers who have to deal with the surge of sick and dying patients. Try telling someone their loved one is dying and there is nothing more you can do. It might change your attitude.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

"Dr. Hans Kluge, the director for the W.H.O.’s European region, warned that it was too early for nations to drop their guard, but he said that between vaccination and natural immunity through infection, “Omicron offers plausible hope for stabilization and normalization.”"
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/01...-normalization

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    because its way easier to just post stupid shit on the intertubes
    vrs. having to go do it irl?
    Well, I've done it twice. Once standing in line of umasked waiting to get into a store and with the unmasked clerk at a farm market. Reactions were what I'd hoped. They looked unsettled and nervous when faced with reality instead of online propaganda.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Well, I've done it twice. Once standing in line of umasked waiting to get into a store and with the unmasked clerk at a farm market. Reactions were what I'd hoped. They looked unsettled and nervous when faced with reality instead of online propaganda.
    In this part of the world, the vast majority of the folks who brag about not being afraid of COVID and pushing back against the mask rules just happen to definitely be afraid to show up with that attitude unarmed. They're so bold about being assholes because they're armed..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Stalinesque. He would love your line of authoritarian thinking.

I'll let the healthcare professionals chime in with the hippocratic oath and all, but lets all breathe in a sigh of relief that you're not in charge.
    People like you love to bring up to bring up the hippocratic oath. Do you think this is binding in any way? To an individual doctor? To the healthcare system?

Like a judge is going to say “well you swore an oath!”

What comes next…a duel to the death? Being put in chains in a dungeon? What century do you live in

Explain why you think the Hippocratic oath has any relevancy or weight behind it beyond it being just a principle born of tradition. We’ll wait…

Then talk about the cancer surgeries that are being postponed so that idiots that passed up free vaccinations because they did their own research and actually believe Fauci is satan walking the earth can fill up the ICUs and use up all the health care resources. Maybe they should “do no harm”. If only they had swore an oath not to be selfish assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    "Dr. Hans Kluge, the director for the W.H.O.’s European region, warned that it was too early for nations to drop their guard, but he said that between vaccination and natural immunity through infection, “Omicron offers plausible hope for stabilization and normalization.”"
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/01...-normalization
    The last people you want to hear from is the likes of the NYT at this point. Fear is money.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    People like you love to bring up to bring up the hippocratic oath. Do you think this is binding in any way? To an individual doctor? To the healthcare system?

Like a judge is going to say “well you swore an oath!”

What comes next…a duel to the death? Being put in chains in a dungeon? What century do you live in

Explain why you think the Hippocratic oath has any relevancy or weight behind it beyond it being just a principle born of tradition. We’ll wait…

Then talk about the cancer surgeries that are being postponed so that idiots that passed up free vaccinations because they did their own research and actually believe Fauci is satan walking the earth can fill up the ICUs and use up all the health care resources. Maybe they should “do no harm”. If only they had swore an oath not to be selfish assholes.
    The male Karen in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The male Karen in the group.

The Hippocratic Oath does not say what many believe it says - And
    dating to ancient Greek culture ,,, it is interesting the way it is portrayed regarding the conduct of doctors.

skiJ

The Hippocratic Oath says nothing about refusing care to undeserving patients.
    And no one takes the Hippocratic Oath any more. Every med school makes up its own. (Among other things the original oath bans abortion and doesn't allow doctors to be surgeons. Probably the currently most relevant parts of the oath are that you can't fuck your patients and you have to keep quiet about their lives--clauses that are enforced today, and by law in the case of the latter.)
    In any case it's pretty clear that the SCOTUS is not going to let anyone be punished for not being vaccinated, at least not by federal law. Interesting to see if they take any action against any state mandates.

Meanwhile, FDA is stopping the shipment of of monoclonal antibodies because they don't work against Omicron. Although Dr. DeSantis disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    you would listen to anything but you wouldn't listen to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_ViIPA-Gc
    My god it’s so bad, that song may cause Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums