Page 1475 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... LastLast
Results 36,851 to 36,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Guessing this thread will be a bit quiet while we all collectively wait a couple of weeks for science to do science things, so...

Attachment 394617
    HA!
    I'm using that in an Omicron briefing
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Why are hospital systems making mutually exclusive statements that don't pass a simple smell test?

1. We are going to fire all unvaccinated employees who are in good standing. (who can help with the COVID surge, and already got the 'Rona 1&2 as they never stopped working, with test results showing exactly when they got it).
    2. OH MY GOSH THE HOSPITALS ARE FULL, and we need help!

Which one is it?

2020 heroes are now unemployed in 2021. Entire careers ruined due to executive overreach. Bet OHSA doesn't approve the EO (get ready for a lot of carrying of the water by CNN). 30 years from now a lot of you will have a different opinion on how this all went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    2020 heroes are now unemployed in 2021. Entire careers ruined due to refusal to take a simple shot that could save their lives and other's lives ( a shot that almost every single medical professional in the world is recommending).
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    FIFY
    It doesn't take a degree in hospital administration to determine that these two data points are intimately connected...

WELP, THAT WAS A LARGE EDIT THERE BUDDY!

Yah 30 years from now people are gonna say “what the fuck went wrong with those dipshits going insane against masks and vaccines”. It’ll be even more dumbfounding then than it is now.

the majority of ICU cases are unvaxxed

we would need less health care staff if people would get vaccinated - FACT

then this small percentage of antivax health care workers can go pull up their bootstraps and get a job somewhere else - they can pick fruit

It doesn't take a degree in hospital administration to determine that these two data points are intimately connected...

Are you wasting time away as a cashier at Walmart? Maybe used car salesman?

A man of your acumen was made for hospital administration.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yah 30 years from now people are gonna say “what the fuck went wrong with those dipshits going insane against masks and vaccines”. It’ll be even more dumbfounding then than it is now.
    Totally agree. Assuming the world hasn't gone completely off the rails by then, most people will be wondering how some people could be so fucking stupid and self-centered.

For those that missed it - I said the hospitals are full because of the unvaccinated, not because of employees lost due to the vaccine mandate.

Obviously, the much bigger issue is that 80% of Covid patients are unvaxxed and are filling our hospitals. This, compared to the 1% of employees lost due to the mandate.

All of our ICU Covid patients are unvaccinated.

A very small percentage of nurses and technicians resigned because of the state mandate in WA. Like not enough to make a difference in caring for critically ill Covid patients. Most were in ancillary services and it was like a dozen people.

The challenge is that we have no reserve because of the Covid patients and we need that going into the winter months. So to maintain that reserve we can only do limited procedures and surgeries. Most revenue to pay the bills and staff comes from surgery and procedures. That leaves us at an impasse and on the brink of insolvency.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    All of our ICU Covid patients are unvaccinated.

A very small percentage of nurses and technicians resigned because of the state mandate in WA. Like not enough to make a difference in caring for critically ill Covid patients. Most were in ancillary services and it was like a dozen people.

The challenge is that we have no reserve because of the Covid patients and we need that going into the winter months. So to maintain that reserve we can only do limited procedures and surgeries. Most revenue to pay the bills and staff comes from surgery and procedures. That leaves us at an impasse and on the brink of insolvency.

Thanks for the response from the front lines.

Like many industries at this wild juncture in history, sounds like an outdated model in desperate need of overdue change, with literal lives on the line! Here comes the 'Rona to beat this industry into the modern era just like it will to many others. BC should now stand for Before Corona.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/0...date-deadline/

Here in Colorado 90.2% of healthcare workers were fully vaccinated as of 11/3/2021.

"The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment reported 90.2% of workers were fully vaccinated, and 1.4% were partially vaccinated. More than 5% of workers had an exemption: 4.2% were religious exemptions and 1.3% were medical."

With over 5% of the staff exempted, (also add the ~10% who get vaccinated and produce no antibody response) that's a lot of people floating around unvaccinated in the hospital setting, just like it was before. I guess that's my point.

Anyone(working in healthcare)with an exemption in WA has to work from home or they have 90 days to get vaccinated or they are considered to have resigned.

No one working in the hospital is unvaccinated

The "healthcare workers" in CO who have exemptions are mostly not at the bedside. "Healthcare workers" include office workers, coders, billers, call center people. Even still >90% is better vaccination than any other population in the US.

When you look at physicians and see 100% vaccination that tells ya something.

<1% of healthcare workers are non-compliant at the places I work.

But >25% of the patients in the hospitals are COVID, >50% of ICU patients, and almost all of them are not vaccinated.

So the hospital crunch is not caused by vaccine mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    ... So the hospital crunch is not caused by vaccine mandates.
    Thank you and MU for keeping this thread filled with facts. We appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The "healthcare workers" in CO who have exemptions are mostly not at the bedside. "Healthcare workers" include office workers, coders, billers, call center people. Even still >90% is better vaccination than any other population in the US.

When you look at physicians and see 100% vaccination that tells ya something.

<1% of healthcare workers are non-compliant at the places I work.

But >25% of the patients in the hospitals are COVID, >50% of ICU patients, and almost all of them are not vaccinated.

So the hospital crunch is not caused by vaccine mandates.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/0...date-deadline/

The Denver Post article (with data) and your anecdote paint a wildly different picture of the state of Colorado healthcare and vaccination numbers.

I don't know why you want to minimize the fact that there is over 5% of healthcare workers (including bedside) with exemptions, and they are out there treating patients right now. Add in the vaccinated that don't produce antibodies and over 10% of Colorado healthcare workers are ready to unknowingly infect grandma. Why did we fire all those nurses again?

edit: Add the vaccinated that unknowingly carry and spread COVID that also infect grandma and that 10% number jumps even higher...

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...nded-1.6268066

New Brunswick's unvaccinated doctors to be suspended at midnight

Less than 10 out of 2000 doctors getting suspended due to not being vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    For real. No one knows what argument that guy is making; completely incoherent.

I think he is saying that the unvaxxed (whether religious, exempt, or just doing their own research) shouldn't be having direct patient contact. And that if healthcare workers are the type to deny healthcare science that they should not being doing that job anymore.

That is your point right?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I think he is saying that the unvaxxed (whether religious, exempt, or just doing their own research) shouldn't be having direct patient contact. And that if healthcare workers are the type to deny healthcare science that they should not being doing that job anymore.

That is your point right?
    His original point was that hospitals shouldn't be complaining about being full because they're firing nurses. That argument was derailed by actual doctors (you know, the people smart enough to not throw away a career over a potentially life-saving shot) saying that hospitals are full because of the unvaccinated and that the small percentage of lost healthcare workers has a minimal effect on treating patients. At which point he pivoted to trying to say that the vaccinated healthcare workings are going to kill grandma. Or something like that... who knows.

Why are hospital systems making mutually exclusive statements that don't pass a simple smell test?

1. We are going to fire all unvaccinated employees who are in good standing. (who can help with the COVID surge, and already got the 'Rona 1&2 as they never stopped working, with test results showing exactly when they got it).
    2. OH MY GOSH THE HOSPITALS ARE FULL, and we need help!

Which one is it?

2020 heroes are now unemployed in 2021. Entire careers ruined due to executive overreach. Bet OHSA doesn't approve the EO (get ready for a lot of carrying of the water by CNN). 30 years from now a lot of you will have a different opinion on how this all went down.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2052.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	394664

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I don't know why you want to minimize the fact that there is over 5% of healthcare workers (including bedside) with exemptions
    So you have 95% of people vaccinated, but HIGHER among actual care providers, LOWER among office staff. So that is actually REALLY GOOD when you consider the whole population of Colorado has a vaccination rate of 63%. You are mad it isn't higher and that exemptions are allowed but also mad that people could be fired for not complying? Which is your position?

Name:	VFOyJW1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	394667

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-data-dashboard

Why did we fire all those nurses again?
    What nurses got fired? I don't know any. I know a LOT of nurses. There certainly are some, but very very few. Here is what your article said:

"Colorado’s health systems reported relatively few employees remained unvaccinated:

SCL Health, which owns five hospitals in Colorado, reported about 1% of employees hadn’t complied as of Monday.
    Centura Health, which owns 15 hospitals in Colorado and two in Kansas, reported 0.3% of its workers across the system didn’t get the shot or an exemption.
    UCHealth set an Oct. 1 deadline. It fired 119 people for failing to get vaccinated, or about 0.5% of employees."

Again <1% of nurses got fired while we have COVID patients (mostly unvaccinated) taking up 30-40% of the RN labor at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Name:	IMG_2052.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	394664

Srs - I don't know why people continue to engage AssWipe.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...nded-1.6268066

New Brunswick's unvaccinated doctors to be suspended at midnight

Less than 10 out of 2000 doctors getting suspended due to not being vaccinated
    Meh it's less than 0.5%, nothing to be worried about.

Exactly.

The anti-mandate people shout "SEE! We're firing doctors over this? While our hospitals are overwhelmed?!" without the two neurons in their brain joining forces to connect it all together.