Page 731 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Do you have any data to back that up?
    heh... that should be the standard reply in this thread.

It's a line from a Stranglers song.

Somewhere upthread there's a mention of Dave Greenfield, who recently succumbed to covid-19 related illness.

Sweden has natural immunity perhaps? Yet they are in top ten for deaths per capita from covid...

Two things that end up needing to be repeated every week in this thread

1. Sweden has not taken the approach of "let's keep everything 100% normal no restrictions total FREE-DOM!"
    2. Sweden is not having some amazing success compared to its neighbors

Every Swede I met in that country wanted to talk about what a laughing stock America was for voting in a blowhard reality TV star as leader. Yet every MAGA hat wearing asshole out there with a gun is crying "let's be like Sweden even though I can't find it on a map and I actually don't understand what they are doing but someone told me it's good"

Swedes

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It wasn't a protection from the plague, the beak was used to carry herbs and perfumes so that the plague doctors could tolerate the smells of the patients they treated in full on sickness and rotting death.
    Because the odor of rotting death was thought to be the miasma that transmitted the plague. So we're both right. Doesn't happen often on TGR.

With respect to Texas, some of the data on tests administered, on a per-county basis, as reported on one State of Texas website within the past thirty minutes are wack- cumulative number of tests administered over time don't drop (by two thousand) over single-day time period. And that was on the very first fucking line! I didn't bother perusing the remainder of that spreadsheet, nor did I bother to look at their remaining metrics.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Good read from a doctor who volunteered in a NYC covid ICU

https://thedispatch.com/p/a-doctors-...om-a-covid-icu

OMG people on the W2 County Emergency FB page are freaking out about contact tracing.

"It's all a goverment plot!"
    "This should have to go to a vote of the people!"
    "What if they lie to me about being in exposed and I have to stay home?"

And it all devolved into a discussion of Barr arresting Hilary and Obama because they are the real threat.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

After locals threatened to repel government tracers with firepower the gov backed down on requiring phone numbers with your dinner reservation. Now he is just asking with a pretty please.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    After locals threatened to repel government tracers with firepower the gov backed down on requiring phone numbers with your dinner reservation. Now he is just asking with a pretty please.
    Well at least they aren’t getting our full names and debit card numbers, that’d be crazy.

Just give a fake phone number if needed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    One thing that this virus has done is expose just how stupid people can be.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

refuses to leave phone number. pays with credit card and has been carrying cell with location info on from license agreement of angry birds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A74E8666-D976-44DF-84D7-38ED23C5A9A3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	342.2 KB 
ID:	328671
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19C2D374-D281-43FE-A83F-7C7A9BFF0E87.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	328672

The Trump vaccine task force is hilarious. What does he think everyone who has had even just a college level intro bio course has been doing for the last 3 months--unless they're working on tests they're working on vaccines. All the administration can do is get in the way, the way they did with PPE shipments. I suppose they could use the Defense Production Act to start making 15 billion vials and stoppers*, but for heaven's sake stay away from the science. No doubt the first contract would go to some company that Trump has his fingers in.

*How long did it take McDonald's to make it's first 15 billion hamburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Because the odor of rotting death was thought to be the miasma that transmitted the plague. So we're both right. Doesn't happen often on TGR.
    I'm not impressed. Now, if you and Deebased were both right on something, that would be historic. Hell, if Deebased was right on anything I would be impressed.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    OMG people on the W2 County Emergency FB page are freaking out about contact tracing.

"It's all a goverment plot!"
    "This should have to go to a vote of the people!"
    "What if they lie to me about being in exposed and I have to stay home?"

And it all devolved into a discussion of Barr arresting Hilary and Obama because they are the real threat.

Just calmly explain to these people that Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton can already trace everyone through their network of hidden cameras in all public places, combined with facial recognition software developed by Microsoft. And once they get a camera on you, they can follow you with Drones the size of a mosquito, and at a macro level with George Soros’ fleet of stealth AWACS. So contact tracing is the least of their problems.

The Government will also gain access to everyone’s personal information when the stimulus payments are deposited to their account. So people should refuse the government dole. It’s just a plot to make us all dependent on The Deep State anyway

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Trump vaccine task force is hilarious. What does he think everyone who has had even just a college level intro bio course has been doing for the last 3 months--unless they're working on tests they're working on vaccines. All the administration can do is get in the way, the way they did with PPE shipments. I suppose they could use the Defense Production Act to start making 15 billion vials and stoppers*, but for heaven's sake stay away from the science. No doubt the first contract would go to some company that Trump has his fingers in.

*How long did it take McDonald's to make it's first 15 billion hamburgers.
    The administration wants to make sure they're in a position to take credit for a vaccine if/when it's available. I guess that's sort of what being the President is all about, though: take credit for all the hard work done by others.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

I also feel better already. Bout damn time someone stepped out against the bleeding leads burying the real good stuff and who better than David Byrne? Thank you for posting.

Can we get a small business owner roll call here?

I think I already know the answer but just curious.

Yo
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

yo
    "bound to cover just a little more ground"

!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Lahey View Post
    How Canadian of you.
    Says the alias from a Canadian TV show, I guess it really does take one to know one.

Incidentally, Trailer Park Boys is the finest entertainment ever to come oat of Canada, eh.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well at least they aren’t getting our full names and debit card numbers, that’d be crazy.

Just give a fake phone number if needed
    Leave your real number plz

Would guess the public health issue is:
    1) Enclosed spaces like restaurants are good for spreading respiratory disease
    2) People from infected neighborhoods spread it to people from uninfected neighborhoods (outbreaks)
    3) While public health could probably demand credit/debit info, this takes more time to make the contact
    4) The angry bird tracking (or applegooglefacebook) is also difficult to access, might require a subpoena, and even then is a PITA for tracing

So, a piece of paper with a bunch of phone numbers is a quick effective way to trace contacts. Quickly tracing contacts means less disease spread (catch the contacts before they can spread it further). Less disease means less dying, less disability, more economy, and more freedom.

Running a GPS tracker app helps me remember where I went, so if I get sick, the rest of you don't have to solely rely on my sick, stressed-out, bad memory to figure out when and where others may have been exposed.

For the tinfoil crowd, the government/NSA/5eyes probably already has names, phones, gps tracks, and CC records. Cash has ID numbers on it, so that won't save you either. And your face can be recognized off the security cam. If you have trust issues, go hide in a cave - leaving your name/number at a restaurant is the least of your worries.

I'd be more worried about the restaurant owner selling my number to some solicitation list or adding me to their loyalty club. Argh! Guess we can't have nice things. We're doomed
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Yeah um I was told on here and from the administration that hydroxychloroquine was a “game changer” miracle drug and that any skepticism by members of the public, scientists, or doctors was just “orange man bad” hyper-partisanship from “literal psychopaths that want to see people killed to hurt Trump.”

So, given that, shouldn’t we as a species be pretty much cured of covid by now? When is this game gonna be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    One thing that this virus has done is expose just how stupid people can be.
    And gullible and easily manipulated. Stalin and Hitler had only radio as their mass media and look how effective they were in duping millions into committing atrocities.