Page 1624 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 ... LastLast
Results 40,576 to 40,600 of 41810
    That mini cr box is fucking cool.

The fire smoke hit here pretty hard today. Something like that would be great for both.

Yep.

Big global sales conference on Vegas two weeks ago. Superspreader event. I noticed a lot of people out this week. Manager said 45% of people who were there last tested positive last week.. They had everybody who was there testing before returning to face to face office entry I guess. Still I highly doubt FOURTY FIVE percent. Maybe half that though... It's possible people just didn't want to come in to the office so they said they "tested positive". . These aren't formal PCR tests. Still pretty fucked up that a lot of people got it regardless of how many that a lot really is..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuck, anyone get that bivalant shot?
    Knocked me and the gf out for a couple days each. Still got some work done but it was a struggle.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Twas rough for me and my (small) 12 year olds. Wife and 16 yo had pretty mild side effects compared to previous.

Seeing forecasts of November surge of possibly more than one variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Fuck, anyone get that bivalant shot?
    Knocked me and the gf out for a couple days each. Still got some work done but it was a struggle.
    YMMV but IME it was nothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

woke with a headache the following day -

' got an Influenza 'shot' consecutively ( other arm )

machs nicht - But
    I am hope-ing for disease immunity / resistance
    ( Fifth dose. ! )

tuck it. ! skiJ

Got my covid and flu shots yesterday--woke up this morning aching all over. But that's how I feel every morning. I'm trying to convince myself I'm achy enough to go back to bed but it's not working. Off to the lumberyard instead.
    The heartworm and distemper shots were a lot worse.

might get both today, but the only two times I got a flu shot I was sick for three days both times - might wait on the flu shot until a weekend
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

New long covid data from the cdc and us census bureau: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/pulse/long-covid.htm

Something like 1 in 7 infected experience long covid that disables them in some way and 1 in 20 infected experience severe disability.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The heartworm and distemper shots were a lot worse.
    Wait, wuht?

Long Covid discussion from UCSF medical school. tl,dr - They recommend not getting infected.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAf...mentofMedicine

Not everybody gets fuckered by long covid but i keep reading FB updates from skier/ writer/ good guy Aaron Teasdale from Missoula and his struggles with long covid. buddy came up to write a story on the hankin project and then west to see the Shames coop and I was his ski hill guide, he was very fit & healthy but now buddy can barely make it to the end of his driveway

https://missoulian.com/news/local/mi...t-popular-news
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Apparently, not getting long covid the first time doesn’t have much influence over not getting it in subsequent infections.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Long Covid discussion from UCSF medical school. tl,dr - They recommend not getting infected.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAf...mentofMedicine
    Watch/listened to this last night. It’s nice to hear people talk about what I keep reading on Twitter. Hopefully, their messaging will be amplified.

If we haven't already we might be right at the point where hospitalizations for seasonal flu are exceeding hospitalizations for COVID infection illness. Not that getting the flu is anything to be happy about but I really hope it returns to being the main problem and COVID fades to the background and stays there.

Sounds like you didn’t watch the above panel video about long covid. Little evidence of herd immunity, little evidence of hybrid immunity, higher likelihood of developing long covid with each infection, severity of acute infection not necessarily an indicator of long covid.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Sounds like you didn’t watch the above panel video about long covid. Little evidence of herd immunity, little evidence of hybrid immunity, higher likelihood of developing long covid with each infection, severity of acute infection not necessarily an indicator of long covid.
    I'm watching hospitalization trends, not YouTube videos. I don't discount long term adverse effects from COVID or anything.. I took a set of lung function tests last week.. probably not related to COVID though. I only lost sense of smell when I got it.

My sister with Lupus on the other hand, any COVID could be a horrible death sentence for her. Get vaxxed, fully boosted. Cover up with something 95+ if there is any doubt about anything.. .
    Hoping we keep trending the right direction regardless of what your YouTube video says.

If you’re watching hospital trends, you might want to look at other countries. many are on the rise again. There seems to be little to support that our current downward hospitalization trend will last for long.

That video by publishing researchers includes discussion of how long covid symptoms/pathology does not necessarily correlate to symptoms during acute infections. Vax only helps a little. Pre-existing conditions apparently not always relevant.

Doesn’t seem to be fading into the background.

This looks like fun Dated October 10th. Ho boy!

New COVID-19 variant causing concern as cases continue to spread

Health experts are warning that the new strain is rendering all current vaccinations ineffective. Dr. Erika Hamilton with the UMass Amherst microbiology department told Western Mass News that the virus is at a stage where it wants to continue to infect as many people as possible.

“This is such a new virus that it’s almost trying to find its sweet spot in a way where it can infect us, make us sick, but we don’t die from it and we spread it and COVID can make more of itself,” Hamilton noted
    With all the asymptomatic cases the real level of infection is pretty invisible. We need better wastewater detection to really know what's up...

But until people are piling up in hospitals and morgues again nobody will do anything and just live with all the seemingly minor but long term ailments that could very well be associated with this.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    This looks like fun Dated October 10th. Ho boy!

New COVID-19 variant causing concern as cases continue to spread

With all the asymptomatic cases the real level of infection is pretty invisible. We need better wastewater detection to really know what's up...

But until people are piling up in hospitals and morgues again nobody will do anything and just live with all the seemingly minor but long term ailments that could very well be associated with this.
    Typical local news article.

From what I’ve read and heard, the new variants seem to avoid antibodies including antibody treatments. But the vaccines, especially the bivalent should still provide decent protection against severe disease.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Typical local news article.

From what I’ve read and heard, the new variants seem to avoid antibodies including antibody treatments. But the vaccines, especially the bivalent should still provide decent protection against severe disease.
    That is my understanding as well..

Health experts are warning that the new strain is rendering all current vaccinations ineffective.
    Ineffective at PREVENTING infection or ineffective at preventing serous illness?? And by "current vaccinations" do they mean the bivariant/multivariant that just came out? The article was dated yesterday so I assume it does..

Let's see if they walk it back or if more reputable sources pile on with similar info..

Name:  news.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  43.6 KB

From the head of the cdc today. Buckle up!!

“Respiratory viruses are on the rise across the United States. Take preventive actions to stop the spread of viruses like flu, RSV, and #COVID19:
    🩹Get an updated COVID-19 vaccine & get your annual flu vaccine
    Stay home if you are sick
    🧼Practice good hand hygiene”

https://twitter.com/cdcdirector/stat...x7FwIK9VCvyNOw

If there is a tiny tiny upside to covid maybe it will encourage more people to stay home when they're sick, even if it turns out to be something else.