Page 1369 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 ... LastLast
Results 34,201 to 34,225 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I think he’s grabbing a sammy on his way to a knife fight.

Let’s keep this going.
    GSA in the off season?

Surely both socks are strapped.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Larry Croft: Subway Raider

Humans:

plum smuggling's not for wimps, not like those kinda guys that live in constant fear.

it kinda begs the question of mindset in gun carriage...like does it lull you into a molasses-like mindstate or does it keep you extra sharp, lean mean killing machine styley? me, I mainly use em to sleep extra soundly out there by the sides of the interstate.

maybe that fella is just ready to shoot down the novel coronavirus when he sees it or something, I just don't know.

With that many and extra ammo, surely he's planning to share, right? I'm sure when it goes down he'll be tossing one over to the other good guy so they can outflank the bad guy on both sides.

No?

Spot the incorrect mask wearer

Attachment 369047
    It's like a first person shooter video game at the very beginning and all you have are pistols before you find the good weapons

Testicles, spectacles, wallet, and Glocks
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Moved since there's already a thread on the topic. I'm kind of curious about the older coronaviruses, too--do they have enough in common at the spike protein to gain any immunity from a SARS-COV-2 vaccine? And if not, do these vaccines offer a way forward to make vaccines for older coronaviruses? IDK

But we haven't seen any other vaccines for coronaviruses before now and these ones turn out to be quite effective. The major challenges to herd immunity (good precursor to eradication) are probably adjusting vaccine to account for new variants and vaccination itself. Kids and the recently hard-headed will take longer. I think once the growth rate is reduced the speed of new mutations will come down low enough to get ahead of them. If it gets to be endemic in tge US before that then it will cost more. But the ROI on vaccines is just too high to accept the expensive approach in the long run.

But that's just my guess. I'm not smart enough to know the future; hopefully the real experts will weigh in.
    No idea on the similarities, but the current concept of covid mRNA vaccines were originally designed for SARS1. But that virus faded away without a vaccine, because it killed it's host so efficiently.
    We haven't needed a vaccine for the others mentioned, as they don't kill anyone.
    COVID seems to be in the goldilocks zone, can kill, but not too efficiently. And longer asymptomatic incubation period.
    That's why I think it will be with us long term.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    No idea on the similarities, but the current concept of covid mRNA vaccines were originally designed for SARS1. But that virus faded away without a vaccine, because it killed it's host so efficiently.
    We haven't needed a vaccine for the others mentioned, as they don't kill anyone.
    COVID seems to be in the goldilocks zone, can kill, but not too efficiently. And longer asymptomatic incubation period.
    That's why I think it will be with us long term.
    So you're thinking we won't have enough vaccination to kill it off because people will decide it's not deadly enough to get vaccinated?

That's clearly happening short term. In the long run the safety of the vaccines should help. Otherwise that kind of thinking will push people into a logical corner: what's to stop them going full anti-vax? Hopefully the present denial is uniquely American and we'll quickly notice that choosing to let ourselves keep a disease around (like polio in Pakistan) starts to look as stupid as it is.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

So you're thinking we won't have enough vaccination to kill it off because people will decide it's not deadly enough to get vaccinated?

That's clearly happening short term. In the long run the safety of the vaccines should help. Otherwise that kind of thinking will push people into a logical corner: what's to stop them going full anti-vax? Hopefully the present denial is uniquely American and we'll quickly notice that choosing to let ourselves keep a disease around (like polio in Pakistan) starts to look as stupid as it is.
    Funny you mention Pakistan. Apparently the Op to kill Bin Laden fucked vaccination efforts in that part of the world for probably a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Funny you mention Pakistan. Apparently the Op to kill Bin Laden fucked vaccination efforts in that part of the world for probably a long time to come.
    I’m struggling to make the connection, say more please

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    I’m struggling to make the connection, say more please
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...bin-ladens-dna

Interesting, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Probably why it came to mind; I was just thinking the other day that of all the little adjustments they apparently made to the "official" story they left (or put) that little detail in there. Tons of other tradecraft surely left out in order to keep tactics secret but they figured screwing over the effort to finish eradicating polio was a smart move. Maybe Coreshot knows why?

It took over 200 years to get rid of smallpox--longer if you count the centuries before Jenner when people used low doses of live smallpox virus. And smallpox has a very low mutation rate.
    I doubt Covid 19 will disappear in our lifetimes--and long before it disappears there will be new pandemics that will draw our attention.

Someone skipped leg day.

These are just a few of the posts by a W2 native who bombards our county health FB page with her crap. I went to her page just to check her out. She's posts everything from Q conspiracies to proof the earth is flat. Whoo boy....

Name:  NoseDummy.png
Views: 500
Size:  10.1 KB

Name:  Idiot.png
Views: 500
Size:  10.8 KB

Name:  QAnna.png
Views: 528
Size:  240.0 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It took over 200 years to get rid of smallpox--longer if you count the centuries before Jenner when people used low doses of live smallpox virus. And smallpox has a very low mutation rate.
    I doubt Covid 19 will disappear in our lifetimes--and long before it disappears there will be new pandemics that will draw our attention.
    Given that the original vaccination was giving people cowpox to prevent smallpox, how much does the rate of mutation really matter there? (Corona is also pretty slow...but how slow?) Did they have a more targeted approach than cowpox when the WHO set out to eradicate smallpox in 1967? The last known case was 10 years later.

Courage, man. The older you get the higher your life expectancy.

If cowpox prevented smallpox, how much other coronavirus immunity can we get from these vaccines? Obviously we couldn't get trials to fight the common cold but that would be a cool side benefit.
    Last edited by jono; 03-27-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Given that the original vaccination was giving people cowpox to prevent smallpox, how much does the rate of mutation really matter there? (Corona is also pretty slow...but how slow?) Did they have a more targeted approach than cowpox when the WHO set out to eradicate smallpox in 1967? The last known case was 10 years later.

Courage, man. The older you get the higher your life expectancy.

If cowpox prevented smallpox, how much other coronavirus immunity can we get from these vaccines? Obviously we couldn't get trials to fight the common cold but that would be a cool side benefit.
    My increasing life expectancy--that's supposed to be a good thing?

As far as colds--there are still a bunch of rhinoviruses out there..

Sure. I'd rather say "eradicate" the common cold, but I'd be happy to be rid of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My increasing life expectancy--that's supposed to be a good thing?

As far as colds--there are still a bunch of rhinoviruses out there..
    Life expectancy goes up, but years left go down.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Life expectancy goes up, but years left go down.
    My life expectancy and years left have both been rising the last few years. I look pretty favorably on it.

facemasks wearing about to be over as this news makes its way around the interwebs.

"STUDY: Chemical That Causes Penises To Shrink Found In Face Masks"
    https://nationalfile.com/study-chemi...in-face-masks/

if there's one thing men put above all else its the size of their johnson and anything that causes it to shrink is right out.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Cases heading back up in the U.S. now: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

With huge outbreaks throughout the world this isn't looking good. Keep those shots coming!