Page 1564 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 ... LastLast
Results 39,076 to 39,100 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fine. Focus. Facts. Who's sick, and how sick? How old are they? What other pre existing conditions contribute? Fat? Diabetic? Cancer? Not this generalized, "everybody hide!" Shit. Or maybe pay attention to the inequality of treatment, too.
    “I am entitled to answers and you need to find them for me! If you don’t then I must be right!”

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Point me to anything, I mean ANYTHING, that says my take is wrong.
    I think your take is probably pretty good other than I wouldn't want to bank on a six month reprieve.

COVID epi curves vary by region.

Some areas are still in the pandemic. Having 20-30% of your staff out counts as an emergency.
    I think some areas are in the deceleration phase of the pandemic. That's the case in the CO high country.
    I think we are very rapidly headed to the controlled phase of the pandemic where COVID doesn't go away, but it becomes a part of life instead of dominating life. Some might call this the "endemic phase."

In other news, trollytech is on ignore and Bunny should be for being such an insufferable arrogant asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

With some people, learning something of value in a discussion is like digging through a pile of fresh manure for a $5 bill. Ignore works pretty good.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    COVID epi curves vary by region.

Some areas are still in the pandemic. Having 20-30% of your staff out counts as an emergency.
    I think some areas are in the deceleration phase of the pandemic. That's the case in the CO high country.
    I think we are very rapidly headed to the controlled phase of the pandemic where COVID doesn't go away, but it becomes a part of life instead of dominating life. Some might call this the "endemic phase."

In other news, trollytech is on ignore and Bunny should be for being such an insufferable arrogant asshole.
    And your hospital industry shouldn't have fired so many for not being vaccinated. Maybe the labor shortage wouldn't be so acute. Funny how they're asking some back, even with symptoms.

And your hospital industry shouldn't have fired so many for not being vaccinated. Maybe the labor shortage wouldn't be so acute. Funny how they're asking some back, even with symptoms.
    Listen up fuckface, I don't own the industry, they do plenty wrong, yet you don't know your head from your cabana boy's festering anal abscess.

Now that's cleared up, why don't you use the bloviating know-it-all attitude to tell me how losing ~1% of the workforce who were stubborn antivaxxers would have saved the world when increasing your vaccine uptake rates >10% in staff meant that more staff was available by not being out sick than was made unavailable by terminating stubborn idiots?

And even if we took that 1% back right now, tell me how that solves a crisis caused by having 20% of the staff out at once?

Now STFU and get back to chugging your geritol you repugnant shitbag. It is not our fault that you can't take your little blue pill for your little blue dick because you had to pop a nitro pill after listening to your authoritative podcasts. Your cabana boy needed a break anyway, but don't take out your frustrations here.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Sounds like somebody needs to break into the drug cabinet for the good stuff. Sorry about your career choice in one of the most evil industries in the world, American health care profiteering. And, go fuck yourself, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Listen up fuckface, I don't own the industry, they do plenty wrong, yet you don't know your head from your cabana boy's festering anal abscess.

Now that's cleared up, why don't you use the bloviating know-it-all attitude to tell me how losing ~1% of the workforce who were stubborn antivaxxers would have saved the world when increasing your vaccine uptake rates >10% in staff meant that more staff was available by not being out sick than was made unavailable by terminating stubborn idiots?

And even if we took that 1% back right now, tell me how that solves a crisis caused by having 20% of the staff out at once?

Now STFU and get back to chugging your geritol you repugnant shitbag. It is not our fault that you can't take your little blue pill for your little blue dick because you had to pop a nitro pill after listening to your authoritative podcasts. Your cabana boy needed a break anyway, but don't take out your frustrations here.
    That is an excellent take in my opinion. Thanks also for your hard work and observations and informative posts over the last many months.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Sounds like somebody needs to break into the drug cabinet for the good stuff. Sorry about your career choice in one of the most evil industries in the world, American health care profiteering. And, go fuck yourself, too.

Don't you have any pizzas to deliver?
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

The reason the UK has declared COVID over* isn't just because BoJo wants a diversion. Everyone there either is vaccinated or has immunity through natural infection. The US lags the UK because we have a lower vaccination rate, less of our population has been naturally infected with COVID, and we were hit by Omicron after the UK. But all of that just means we will lag UK by a few weeks.

*no one can declare COVID over for good because of unknown variants but it is safe to say society will have widespread immunity for at least the next six months.
    Know any good doctors that you can refer?

I’ve got some employment law questions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Agreed. I'm hoping that omicron takes us into another phase, but at this point it's wishful thinking. Currently more people than ever are hospitalized and deaths are at 2,000 per day and continuing to climb. Until both those metrics drop significantly and stay that way for months I wouldn't want to say we're out of the woods.
    Thanks for stating it succinctly.

Dumbshits can't follow that basic statement. They keep trying to shorten the clock by willfulness, supported by cherry picked items from the news. That's just not how it works. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna give a shot man. Cool about the passes thanks.
    When dis? I wanna play too
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    haha I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.
    I still prefer the fu Manchu version

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Najo_8Tvc

The reason the UK has declared COVID over* isn't just because BoJo wants a diversion. Everyone there either is vaccinated or has immunity through natural infection. The US lags the UK because we have a lower vaccination rate, less of our population has been naturally infected with COVID, and we were hit by Omicron after the UK. But all of that just means we will lag UK by a few weeks.

*no one can declare COVID over for good because of unknown variants but it is safe to say society will have widespread immunity for at least the next six months.
    ___

I don't know if COVID is done for good because of possible new variants, but I think it is safe to say by March 1st, COVID will be done in the US (for at least the next six months). UK's 14 day rate of new cases is -46% right now. Omicron will go away as fast as it came. So if you have been waiting for the last two years to do anything, you have your six month window to do it starting in March, maybe even mid-February.
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The number we are not seeing--or at least I can't find it--is how many of those 2000 deaths per day are vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Lots of anecdotal reports that the ICU's are full of unvaccinated people but no hard national numbers. Here's a conspiracy theory I could believe--that the CDC doesn't want people to know that vaccinated people are dying, because that might discourage some people from getting vaccinated. More likely the data is just not available in the reports from the states.
    You can get this data elsewhere though, take a look at here in Ontario - this data is published daily and aggregated by various citizens for our viewing pleasure.

I would assume that Ontario and the USA populations aren't all that different. Same vaccines essentially, same boosters, equal quality of medical care, same amount of fat ass people, more or less.

So, here's the latest:
    626 people are in ICU with #COVID19. 85% of patients admitted to the ICU were admitted for COVID-19 and 15% were admitted for other reasons but have tested positive for COVID-19.
    ICU risk vs. full (UNVAX)4.28x - (1 DOSE)1.06x (FULL)1.00x
    Can't find the death data though, but I've seen it before. For deaths, the rate of protection was a little bit worse than ICU, but this is because many deaths are in Long Term Care homes and these people often don't get moved to a hospital ICU. The # of LTC home residents that are vaccinated is very high (over 90%).

Didn’t Washington state also post these breakdown stats last week and was posted in here (or the other thread)

Edit:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/data-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

Here are the stats you demanded from the manager Bunny! Gonna take you a few rides up the lift to digest it all. Take a Tylenol for any headaches. Midol for cramps.

Some highlights

Oh yeah - I remember before covid that this is what the common cold would do every winter 🙄 Let’s downplay this while simultaneously blaming the front line health care workers for being corrupt.

The podcast is a source…

… I just traveled across the country to ski, and I feel fine.…
    rotflmao

Yr killing it here, Bun bun.

You stuck out on Fireline road?

Agreed. I'm hoping that omicron takes us into another phase, but at this point it's wishful thinking. Currently more people than ever are hospitalized and deaths are at 2,000 per day and continuing to climb. Until both those metrics drop significantly and stay that way for months I wouldn't want to say we're out of the woods.
    I think your take is probably pretty good other than I wouldn't want to bank on a six month reprieve.
    If you have to wait months of no new cases and hospitalizations before you go out and do whatever it is you were waiting two years to do, you are going to be wasting half of this six month reprieve I speak of. The reason I am so confident of three more bad weeks, followed by six months of COVID being over, is that, as I understand, with the majority of the world either vaccinated or infected by Omicron it is extremely unlikely for a new variant to show up that evades this immunity.

Six months down the road, when immunity from both vaccination and natural infection wanes, is the big unknown. So get out there and enjoy it while you can.

I traveled internationally in November.

Have money ready to book trip late Feb through April.

Agree that, if you want to travel, you should wait and anticipate lulls in case numbers/admissions.

If you have to wait months of no new cases and hospitalizations before you go out and do whatever it is you were waiting two years to do, you are going to be wasting half of this six month reprieve I speak of. The reason I am so confident of three more bad weeks, followed by six months of COVID being over, is that, as I understand, with the majority of the world either vaccinated or infected by Omicron it is extremely unlikely for a new variant to show up that evades this immunity.

Six months down the road when immunity from both vaccination and natural infection wanes is the big unknown. So get out there and enjoy it while you can.

Then we get another shot. You think that will end?

Follow up podcast to a previous podcast I posted a few weeks ago.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Wv...urce=copy-link
    Thanks. Definitely worth a listen. At least the first two hours until Monica Ghandi leaves.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 01-25-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Then we get another shot. You think that will end?
    Sign me up for the monthly vaccine subscription program. Or just put it in my morning coffee, IDGAF.