Page 1535 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... LastLast
Results 38,351 to 38,375 of 41810
    Is drinking piss political? Can you get wasted pounding piss if youre always wasted? I suspect Cono might be trying to kill a hangover and the 'vid

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Fancy test kits showed up the other day. Slick app for the phone, reports directly back to he so I can go into the office tomorrow and Wednesday.
    A package arrived with 4 kits, and one Bluetooth tester.
    The cartridge goes into the white box, it takes several minutes to warm up, then you pull the swab out, collect boogies, insert into cartridge and wait about 10 min. Results automatically fwd to corporate powers that be. I can print my test result from the app if I want.
    cue is the company th as t makes it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220107_145516.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	400529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220110_085140.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	400530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220110_085129.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	400531

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Interesting. $90/month gets you 20 test kits/year. Plus the reader at $150. Plus another 30 tests to get you to a full working year (weekly testing requirement) for another $2K. So you can support an unvaccinated worker for less than $3,500/year in an enterprise-ready way that actually scales. I bet if you bought 100 of those packages they’d knock it down a bit.

How many of these unvaccinated folk would take the $3,500 rather than a slick little kit they can stick up their nose every week? A few, I’d bet.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Interesting. $90/month gets you 20 test kits/year. Plus the reader at $150. Plus another 30 tests to get you to a full working year (weekly testing requirement) for another $2K. So you can support an unvaccinated worker for less than $3,500/year in an enterprise-ready way that actually scales. I bet if you bought 100 of those packages they’d knock it down a bit.

How many of these unvaccinated folk would take the $3,500 rather than a slick little kit they can stick up their nose every week? A few, I’d bet.
    Interesting. Under that scheme, bad behavior is rewarded and I get bupkiss for doing the right thing.

We are advised to use 1 test per week to come into work. They will reconcile test kits to badge access, or so they say. Not for personal use, they say.

sigless.

Cracked it open cause I was curious.
    Looks like when you pop the cartridge in, fluid is released to soak the integrated test strip, and the boogers are picked up by the blueish square and the tip is soaked in the fluid, and booker's pulled down so the mixture saturates the test strip. The i am not sure, a few different measurements made and sent to a comparator device that will decide if positive or negative. Pretty simple little PCB though...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220110_094313.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	400539

sigless.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    This is well above my paygrade and probably easily explained, but assume you put 3 days of positive boogies in that cartridge how does the system not get contaminated and not taint the 4th day's potentially negative test sample?

I'm guessing part of the 10 minutes of heating is really 9 minutes of it getting hot to sterilize it after the 1st minute was used to collect the test sample?

Single use cartridge?

Yep, single use cartridge. Open package, insert new cartridge in white box, wait for it to get ready, then open nose picker, remove boogies, insert into cartridge. Wait for test to complete. Then toss in garbage, or take to garage and smash with hammer.

sigless.

Interesting device, here's another one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvArprBmdFA

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Wow so that entire electrical gizmo in the photo above is single use? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Yep, single use cartridge. Open package, insert new cartridge in white box, wait for it to get ready, then open nose picker, remove boogies, insert into cartridge. Wait for test to complete. Then toss in garbage, or take to garage and smash with hammer.

They should've known better when they decided to send one to you.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They should've known better when they decided to send one to you.
    I’m waiting for when he wires it through an old amp and has it play sounds for the different test results.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I’m waiting for when he wires it through an old amp and tells it the different test results.
    FIFY. Cottage industries we're building. FFS

Interesting. Under that scheme, bad behavior is rewarded and I get bupkiss for doing the right thing.
    Well, my thought was that you can get vaccinated and you get $3,500, or you can stick to your guns and you get this gizmo sent to you instead.

I’d take the $3,500, personally. But the gizmo is kinda cool too.

I haven’t seen too many good answers besides things like this for dealing with a large workforce of weekly testers.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Fancy test kits showed up the other day. Slick app for the phone, reports directly back to he so I can go into the office tomorrow and Wednesday.
    A package arrived with 4 kits, and one Bluetooth tester.
    The cartridge goes into the white box, it takes several minutes to warm up, then you pull the swab out, collect boogies, insert into cartridge and wait about 10 min. Results automatically fwd to corporate powers that be. I can print my test result from the app if I want.
    cue is the company th as t makes it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220107_145516.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	400529[
    State of CO sent a few of these to our school. We've been using them as a supplement to Binax tests for an extra layer of confirmation is "what if" situations with staff. So far so good, but we have limited cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Well, my thought was that you can get vaccinated and you get $3,500, or you can stick to your guns and you get this gizmo sent to you instead.

I’d take the $3,500, personally. But the gizmo is kinda cool too.

I haven’t seen too many good answers besides things like this for dealing with a large workforce of weekly testers.
    So that $3500 is retro for all the people who were previously vaccinated when they were supposed to be? Not just the holdouts? I'd be pissed if it was only for the holdouts. And not sure how a business could afford that bump for everyone.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

So that $3500 is retro for all the people who were previously vaccinated when they were supposed to be? Not just the holdouts? I'd be pissed if it was only for the holdouts. And not sure how a business could afford that bump for everyone.
    I don’t know how else you’d do it without causing an uprising.

Noncompliance is $13K/violation. $70/week to keep somebody on the job in spite of whatever kooky conspiracy theories they subscribe to. $300/month. That’s about what you spend on FICA taxes for a $50k/year employee. It’s not crazy.

Still too much for many, I’m sure, but mostly about cash flow for most, I’d wager. Accrue the money now, pay out at the end of the year, prorate the laggards. Avaricious business owners/leaders will slice the cash payout to a fraction with roughly similar effect. They’ll blame aforementioned payroll taxes, or something, but the vaccinated who got a $1000 payout won’t complain because they don’t crunch numbers they punch clocks.
    focus.

Pissed at yourself because you blew the opportunity to hold out for the cash?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Pissed at yourself because you blew the opportunity to hold out for the cash?
    Go on now, it's past your bedtime.

Its in the human nature to be upset because someone got more that you did even though you were happy until then. I'm always amused by that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

It's not even really the money. It's that some knucklehead might get rewarded for doing the wrong thing. Which will just encourage further bad behavior.

It's not even really the money. It's that some knucklehead might get rewarded for doing the wrong thing. Which will just encourage further bad behavior.
    If your company healthcare HMO is self insured it will be well worth the investment to have everyone fully vaxxed.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yeah, as someone in a company that's not mandating vaccination, I don't ever want to hear any bitching about benefits costs again. They're subsidizing anti-vaxxers so I can burn vacation time whenever my kids school has an outbreak. Great fucking times.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Wow so that entire electrical gizmo in the photo above is single use? Damn.
    Yeah that's pretty brutal.