Page 1263 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 ... LastLast
Results 31,551 to 31,575 of 41810

Ditto what everyone else is saying, schwerty. I hope your dad pulls through and stay strong!

Thx for the reminder to stay vigilant schwerty.

I’ll stay careful, you stay strong.

Hang in there you guys, we’re survivors!

Lung surgery AND Covid--that's about as rough as it gets. Encouraging that at least so far he's not on a ventilator. My best wishes for your dad, Schwerty.

Good luck Schwerty, tough situation. My FIL (92) was just in the hospital due to a series of small strokes. Huge worry every day due to his frail health.

Just to offer a different example, here in Ventura county I see nearly 100% mask wearing. A small few do the uncovered nose thing, but not many. Everybody cues six feet apart, even in coffee shops during the morning rush. For the most part, I am pleased with my fellow residents. Most of the stupid shit is done by kids. Two nephews flew home for the holiday from uni, one gets home and a contact tracers tells him a roommate tested positive. He gets tested and is positive, so he flew across the country positive...kids

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Vibes Schwerty - hope you and your family members weather this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Bullshit.

TDS is an actual thing, but it is Trump supporters who suffer from it.

The “problem” is the complete disconnection from reality and principles by the right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He’s gone bro. I get all the bullshit this yr to use Covid to help get rid of him, but he’s gone.

We need to start looking at Covid on its own. It’s a global pandemic, europe has the same problems, it started in China and has cost us trillions in addition to lives.

The next disease from a backwards ass country may kill us all.

Can we get smart now? Or are we going to play fucking Republican vs democrat games for eternity. We all deserve to die for the nonsense this yr. we got lucky. This time.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Best of luck, schwerty, to you and your family. Shitty situation.

The Jha interview that I posted earlier in the week describes a robust nationwide rapid testing program (along with other new tests) rolling out in the next 6-8 weeks. No real details about how it’ll happen in the interview.

Hutash, isn’t there potential that your nephew was not contagious when he flew home?

I’ve heard of a “growing body of evidence” that schools are not a source of transmission with just mask wearing. Anybody have some peer reviewed articles to share about this?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve heard of a “growing body of evidence” that schools are not a source of transmission. Anybody have some peer reviewed articles to share about this?
    I'd think a lot depends on the school.

In Boise, the bar scene downtown, largely collegiate, was fucking scary in October.
    At Reed, they have a pretty tight community and the guidelines have allowed 11 cases since June including faculty, staff and students. No cases there since October with biweekly testing and good tracing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’ve heard of a “growing body of evidence” that schools are not a source of transmission with just mask wearing. Anybody have some peer reviewed articles to share about this?
    Perhaps schools are not, but the whole university lifestyle certainly is. Kids are going to socialize.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    He’s gone bro. I get all the bullshit this yr to use Covid to help get rid of him, but he’s gone.

We need to start looking at Covid on its own. It’s a global pandemic, europe has the same problems, it started in China and has cost us trillions in addition to lives.

Can we get smart now? Or are we going to play fucking Republican vs democrat games for eternity. We all deserve to die for the nonsense this yr. we got lucky. This time.

While he may be going his legacy will be with us for quite some time. As for the rest. Spot on.

Same with Knnicks post in that "The “problem” is the complete disconnection from reality and principles by the right."

Anyone who denies this suffers from some disconnect from reality as well and playing the, "well a large portion of the left does it too" is really a weak whatabout that ignores the past year.

@schwerty, I will offer all that I can, best wishes for your Dad.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

The president was handed, through dumb luck, an opportunity to show leadership in the 4th year of a dumpster fire of a presidency. It was a war without having to start a war. What an opportunity to unite the country against a common foe who has invaded the borders.

And he, the person at the very top, the person with whom the buck stops, fucked it up. Repeatedly. Daily. Weekly. Monthly. And he’s still fucking it up today. December 5th. 10 months later still failing miserably. When’s the last time he even mentioned the pandemic?

He chose rallies, rose garden parties, and golf trips instead. Those are facts.

This isn’t “using covid bullshit to get rid of him”. He got rid of himself.

A year from now you will still see flags on trucks and lawns with his name on them. That’s the true TDS.

GTFO of here with your “use covid to get rid of him” bullshit. People aren’t ending up in the ICU to get rid of Trump. But they are ending up in there in part due to his lack of leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    GTFO of here with your “use covid to get rid of him” bullshit. People aren’t ending up in the ICU to get rid of Trump. But they are ending up in there in part due to his lack of leadership.
    Good post. The whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    As an epidemiological dentist, I’ve been asking since the early pages of this thread about testing strategies. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...hin-weeks.html outlines what appears to be a sensible solution to the US pandemic. Any experts here want to comment?
    Non-expert, but following closely.

This is good. Given the cost of continuing the pandemic, these relatively cheap tests look like a solid insurance plan. We should fund widespread adoption of rapid testing. On a related note, I hope they get those Binax Now tests used before they expire. Hmm 24 month shelf-life. If anyone has some sitting around unused, I'm interested in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the pointless arguing, but the interview I posted a page or two ago says that if the US adopted a widespread screening using simple, cheap Antigen tests (done at home, workplaces etc) on a frequent basis we could get the pandemic under control in 6 weeks.

The interview points out that the NYT fucked us over by publishing an influential article that unhelpfully reinforced the idea that near 100 % diagnosis accuracy is testing goal, when really we should be focusing on a quick and cheap ‘am I contagious right now?’ Test and reserve the time and $$ consuming PCR test for people needing a medical diagnosis for treatment purposes.
    NYT fucking us over... where have I heard that before? Ah yes, most famously in the leadup to the Iraq War. They also fucked over a local reporter, Gary Webb, on reporting of a smaller national issue. I'm no conspiracy nutter, but NYT works against us at times, probably unknowingly/ignorantly.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    NYT fucking us over... where have I heard that before? Ah yes, most famously in the leadup to the Iraq War. They also fucked over a local reporter, Gary Webb, on reporting of a smaller national issue. I'm no conspiracy nutter, but NYT works against us at times, probably unknowingly/ignorantly.
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Pretty much. Wok white folks thinking their (public) mask wearing and their (sometimes, access too, supposed) testing and quarenteening justifies their own behavior.

Yeah...I know...its easy for me...I mean it is not much of stretch to say that I don't really like hanging out with people inside. It gets old after about 3 minutes generally. I went out to Grand Junction last weekend to ride my bike. Stereotypically rednecks and Mexicans. Guess what I saw, businesses self enforcing reasonable policies and procedures (wait outside, call head, socially distant transactions, no fucking close talking etc.) and generally respectful mellow folks.

I come home to Fraser. Stereotypically educated informed more liberal white folks and the first place I go is the post office. It's fucking slammed, all kinds of G Wagons and Lexi outside with people setting up new PO boxes or getting generally delivery, I super long line for picking up Xmas presents, all kinds of stupid bitches in their puffies doing that annoying up talk catching up thing. Masks...no fucking distancing. I was just their to get my mail. I couple of friends of mine saw me coming. Then knew I was gonna say something.

"Social Distancing People"

"Remember now you acted in April? Do that now!"

"Look around....we are the problem"

I was fucking disgusted. It's a good think this is one of my three social media outlets. If I was one the Facebooks I would have posted a picture and activated the West Grand Freedom Fighters and I'm sure a blow up would have ensued.

Its all so fucked up. I have no idea how we got here as a people. We have zero true compassion. Generally right wingers just come with the "Fuck You" and left wingers come with the "...but I recycle and volunteer at the library".

I'm far from a liberal, not even a Democrat but come on! Life is a team sport.

“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,” Was JFK wrong? Lets not wait for the government to save us, lets save ourselves.
    ha ha ha
    the post office most people don't get it unless you are forced to live it everyone has to goto the post office in a small mountain town it sucks balls cause there is no mail delivery

I'm confused what am I in a ski town?
    driving around in my truck listening to country music boarder collie hanging out the window wearing carhart and dickies?
    driving around in my blacked out subaru winding it up to 5000 rpm in third gear listening to tupac yg or the game cutting people off and using my horn?
    driving around in my van flat brim hat patagucci puffie expense toys to boot listening to taylor swift?

on a serious note the fuck zoo of tourism is so much fun everyone is here
    been in a couple different doctors offices and hospitals lately they are all different some of them ask a lots of questions take your temperature and make you fill out paper work others don't do anything other than show you to the room and get on with it

Living life like there is no flu and it works wonders on your mind and happiness sorry to say but yeah eat out everyday go all kinds of places I always felt that public hot tubs are the way to go because you just soak in all the viruses going around but getting to a public hot tub lately has been a bitch cause they are all shut down already on 2L of oxgen a day so if I get sick do I just bump it up to 5L?

Personally I prefer skier collies.

Word
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The president was handed, through dumb luck, an opportunity to show leadership in the 4th year of a dumpster fire of a presidency. It was a war without having to start a war. What an opportunity to unite the country against a common foe who has invaded the borders.

And he, the person at the very top, the person with whom the buck stops, fucked it up. Repeatedly. Daily. Weekly. Monthly. And he’s still fucking it up today. December 5th. 10 months later still failing miserably. When’s the last time he even mentioned the pandemic?

He chose rallies, rose garden parties, and golf trips instead. Those are facts.

This isn’t “using covid bullshit to get rid of him”. He got rid of himself.

A year from now you will still see flags on trucks and lawns with his name on them. That’s the true TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Personally I prefer punctuation.
    FTFY
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

To clarify, I meant preschool-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'd think a lot depends on the school.

In Boise, the bar scene downtown, largely collegiate, was fucking scary in October.
    At Reed, they have a pretty tight community and the guidelines have allowed 11 cases since June including faculty, staff and students. No cases there since October with biweekly testing and good tracing.
    Should have called me for a distance beer. I'm not sure Boise is a good example here if you're looking at it as a college town for spreading. It's the whole town. I pass through downtown everyday and in October, bars were packed but it was 21 up to 70s. We have a large contingent (mostly right leaning) who don't think covid is anything, are very much against masks, and are making their point known.

Last weekend was small business Saturday and 19 local businesses had to call the cops as the anti-mask protestors were going into shops breathing on staff and customers at close range and issuing official looking summons for violating their rights by making them wear masks to enter. The police is still determining whether or not to make arrests. I think this morning there might have been three people charged. Fuck that. String every one of them up for assault. They were breathing into peoples' faces at 6" and yelling at them. Some were packing guns.

My buddy made national news for the sign he posted on his shop door requiring masks. I talked to him yesterday. When I asked him how things were going, he lifted a newspaper that was hiding a loaded .45. He said that's how it's going. He's received over 20 death threats on his business voicemail. Crazy that there's death threats for asking people to wear a mask to enter private property.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Should have called me for a distance beer.
    I know, but we didn't get in until almost 11:00 and with SD and masks, plus wife, daughter and 2 cats in tow, going out just wasn't going to work.
    I'm not sure Boise is a good example here if you're looking at it as a college town for spreading. It's whole town. I pass through downtown everyday and in October, bars were packed but it was 21 up to 70s. We have a large contingent (mostly right leaning) who don't think covid is anything, are very much against masks, and are making their point know.
    Point taken; it just seemed like lots of college age there. It was a mob, few masks for sure.

Last weekend was small business Saturday and 19 local businesses had to call the cops as the anti-mask protestors were going into shops breathing on staff and customers at close range and issuing official looking summons for violating their right by making them wear masks to enter. The police is still determining whether or not to make arrests. I think this morning there might have been three people charged. Fuck that. String every one of them up for assault. They were breathing into peoples' faces at 6" and yelling at them. Some were packing guns.

My buddy made national news for the sign he posted on his shop door requiring masks. I talked to him yesterday. When I asked him how things were going, he lifted a newspaper that was hiding a loaded .45. He said that's how it's going. He's received over 20 death threats on his business voicemail. Crazy that there's death threats for asking people to wear a mask to enter private property.
    WTF? The level of selfish assholery really is reaching a new level.

Too many people?

Too much partisan information flooding our psyches?

No war, cold or not, no perceived enemies?

How the fuck can Americans continue to be so shitty to each other?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wishing you and your family the best Schwerty.

I wish more people were like the people posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Thinking about masks.
    https://tinyurl.com/Gumper
    Saw Gump play for Rangers against the Wings in Olympia when I was a kid--for my birthday. We had seats right behind the Rangers goal 1st and 3rd period. We spent the whole game yelling at him. No matter how good he was, he was always an object of derision in Detroit.