Page 1261 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 ... LastLast
Results 31,501 to 31,525 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The only thing worse than covid, was Trump derangement syndrome. I can’t wait until it’s over and we can at least look at our problem for face value.
    It's like my granddaddy always said: if there's one thing worse than 100 infamous days and $5T flushed down the toilet, it's people who won't shut up and sit still when a politician amplifies it.

But if there are two things, the other one might be this:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/25/93887...-alarming-rate
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Anybody else wondering why there isn’t outrage that the FDA is taking so long to meet/approve these vaccines?......

“Well, we have a meeting setup for next week”.....Well, we are on vacation”.....”Well, it’s the weekend”......Wtf.??

The whole country is literally “dying” for these vaccines to be released to help the situation and they schedule a meeting for “next week/in 2 weeks” cuz it’s vacation/the weekend?

What about an “emergency meeting” right now and get this process in motion?

I’ve never seen so much hypocrisy in anything than I have Covid. People ranting about conservatives giving the whole country Covid while they get on airplanes and ski lifts.

My most outspoken, anti Trump friend, flew to Croatia for a quick getaway. He added a disclaimer to his Facebook posts saying he wore a mask at all times. If I hadn’t known him half my life I’d call him libtard of the year.

I wish we’d go Wuhan lockdown just to see people stop bullshitting eachother.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ya, well we're not all like that over here on the far left.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Anybody else wondering why there isn’t outrage that the FDA is taking so long to meet/approve these vaccines?......

“Well, we have a meeting setup for next week”.....Well, we are on vacation”.....”Well, it’s the weekend”......Wtf.??

The whole country is literally “dying” for these vaccines to be released to help the situation and they schedule a meeting for “next week/in 2 weeks” cuz it’s vacation/the weekend?

Welcome to how the Federal government operates. And you all wonder why I have so little faith in our bureaucrats. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I’ve never seen so much hypocrisy in anything than I have Covid. People ranting about conservatives giving the whole country Covid while they get on airplanes and ski lifts.

My most outspoken, anti Trump friend, flew to Croatia for a quick getaway. He added a disclaimer to his Facebook posts saying he wore a mask at all times. If I hadn’t known him half my life I’d call him libtard of the year.

Pretty much. Wok white folks thinking their (public) mask wearing and their (sometimes, access too, supposed) testing and quarenteening justifies their own behavior.

Yeah...I know...its easy for me...I mean it is not much of stretch to say that I don't really like hanging out with people inside. It gets old after about 3 minutes generally. I went out to Grand Junction last weekend to ride my bike. Stereotypically rednecks and Mexicans. Guess what I saw, businesses self enforcing reasonable policies and procedures (wait outside, call head, socially distant transactions, no fucking close talking etc.) and generally respectful mellow folks.

I come home to Fraser. Stereotypically educated informed more liberal white folks and the first place I go is the post office. It's fucking slammed, all kinds of G Wagons and Lexi outside with people setting up new PO boxes or getting generally delivery, I super long line for picking up Xmas presents, all kinds of stupid bitches in their puffies doing that annoying up talk catching up thing. Masks...no fucking distancing. I was just their to get my mail. I couple of friends of mine saw me coming. Then knew I was gonna say something.

"Social Distancing People"

"Remember now you acted in April? Do that now!"

"Look around....we are the problem"

I was fucking disgusted. It's a good think this is one of my three social media outlets. If I was one the Facebooks I would have posted a picture and activated the West Grand Freedom Fighters and I'm sure a blow up would have ensued.

Its all so fucked up. I have no idea how we got here as a people. We have zero true compassion. Generally right wingers just come with the "Fuck You" and left wingers come with the "...but I recycle and volunteer at the library".

I'm far from a liberal, not even a Democrat but come on! Life is a team sport.

“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,” Was JFK wrong? Lets not wait for the government to save us, lets save ourselves.

Yeah because building trust in a process like a new Vaccine works so much better when you give ammo to the anti-vax crowd by providing any shred of a story of how the Vaccines are being rushed to use.

Again, all it will take is one small hiccup and enough people will opt out of the vaccinations so that we just may as well not bother.

Who says Covid is a Conservative disease?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Who says Covid is a Conservative disease?
    Finger pointers who think they are a lot more awesome than they are because they got a wicked puffy coat collection and a nice SUV in the driveway? You know, the people I saw in the post office or the parents in Steamboat who hosted the superspreader.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, well we're not all like that over here on the far left.
    I barely leave my house, I wear a mask everywhere. Canceled my summer trip with my kids to Europe and am driving cross country for the second time to see my mother.

Then I read this ridiculous shit.

I’ve got a Hollywood friend, posting all his hate, he had a movie premiere recently!

I mean it, good riddance to Trump, for the only hope that people stop politicking Covid. Because the next bug, may be serious enough to wipe us all out before people get real.

OK, I guess I am an outlier in believing that Covid spread is mainly caused by stupidity or selfishness both of which are traits common to most Americans.

Or maybe we are just in agreement.

Are Bozeman mountain bikers conservatives or puffy wearing libtard SJWs?

Cause yesterday at the trailhead (which was packed) I watched lots of getting together sans masks or SD. Lots of Puffies, it was 45 degrees but sunny and calm.

What did I do? I got in my truck and drove away having not gotten any closer than 10 feet to any other humans.

I have 4 more days to decide if I plan to ski on my season pass or defer to 21. Life is all about good choices.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Finger pointers who think they are a lot more awesome than they are because they got a wicked puffy coat collection and a nice SUV in the driveway? You know, the people I saw in the post office or the parents in Steamboat who hosted the superspreader.
    There's hypocrisy from both sides. Unfortunately it's not as easy as saying one side is to blame fir the spread. My niece and SIL just went on a multi flight trip back east to visit 12 colleges. They're conservatives that don't believe dinosaurs existed. IMV people need to stop being selfish assholes who think they can navigate the pandemic with perfect precision as to not get it.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

As an epidemiological dentist, I’ve been asking since the early pages of this thread about testing strategies. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...hin-weeks.html outlines what appears to be a sensible solution to the US pandemic. Any experts here want to comment?

What is the state of rapid testing right now? How many tests are being produced, and how many are being used?
    Right now, in the U.S., we really are not using many rapid antigen tests at all.

What about elsewhere in the world?
    Slovakia has had exceptional results. They rolled out exactly the kind of testing program I’ve been pushing, though not at-home testing. They asked half of their country to get tested over a weekend and then did that three weekends in a row. Within a few weeks, they saw incidents drop by like 50 percent.

It’s actually almost precisely 50 percent. They had a peak of 466 cases per million on November 4, and that dropped to 232 per million by November 24. Caseloads in other countries in Europe have been dropping, too, of course — often accompanied by lockdowns — but that Slovakia record is very impressive.
    They had an increasing epidemic. It was exponentially increasing. And they just squashed it. Which makes sense. They found a lot of positives all at once and they stopped all of those positives from transmitting to others.

So, I’ve looked for this but have been unable to ever find anything useful, maybe because it isn’t a useful comparison.... and if it useful it’s no doubt been covered here.

What other activities can you do on purpose that have between a 1/100 and 1/200 chance of killing you over the next 6 months as a comparison to contracting COVID. Not over your lifespan (e.g. you have a 1/106 chance of dying in a car accident).

Like, if I went skydiving once/week for the next six months. Or ran with the bulls. Or developed a heroin habit. How do those and other things compare to taking excess risk in the contraction of COVID? Going to the bar, singing in a choir, etc.
    focus.

I barely leave my house, I wear a mask everywhere. Canceled my summer trip with my kids to Europe and am driving cross country for the second time to see my mother.

Then I read this ridiculous shit.

I’ve got a Hollywood friend, posting all his hate, he had a movie premiere recently!

I mean it, good riddance to Trump, for the only hope that people stop politicking Covid. Because the next bug, may be serious enough to wipe us all out before people get real.

Fingers crossed?

The only thing worse than covid, was Trump derangement syndrome. I can’t wait until it’s over and we can at least look at our problem for face value.

Bullshit.

TDS is an actual thing, but it is Trump supporters who suffer from it.

The “problem” is the complete disconnection from reality and principles by the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

The “problem” is the complete disconnection from reality and principles by the right.
    Honest question from a guy with no axe to grind. Do you feel that there are people and leaders on the left detached from reality in a different way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Bullshit.

I think Trump is a clown and hoped he would die from COVID but saying these things doesn’t matter. It’s like trying to convince a Christian that god isn’t real.

There's hypocrisy from both sides. Unfortunately it's not as easy as saying one side is to blame fir the spread. My niece and SIL just went on a multi flight trip back east to visit 12 colleges. They're conservatives that don't believe dinosaurs existed. IMV people need to stop being selfish assholes who think they can navigate the pandemic with perfect precision as to not get it.
    Agreed. My response was in response to Bunion's question. Really, we should all start the day with a big glass of water, some stretching and yoga, a healthy breakfast and saying out loud three times "I will not be a selfish asshole". I'm 3 outta 4, let me go have something to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    OK, I guess I am an outlier in believing that Covid spread is mainly caused by stupidity or selfishness both of which are traits common to most Americans.

Or maybe we are just in agreement.

Are Bozeman mountain bikers conservatives or puffy wearing libtard SJWs?

Cause yesterday at the trailhead (which was packed) I watched lots of getting together sans masks or SD. Lots of Puffies, it was 45 degrees but sunny and calm.

What did I do? I got in my truck and drove away having not gotten any closer than 10 feet to any other humans.

I have 4 more days to decide if I plan to ski on my season pass or defer to 21. Life is all about good choices.
    I think your first sentence gets to the heart of the matter. Covid has been politicized but how people have chosen to conduct themselves doesn't break down along political lines. "Liberal" people taking trips and making sure to mention that they were "safe and socially distant" pisses me off just as much as the anti-maskers. I've lost a lot of respect for people given their actions since this began. At work I have to constantly remind people to wear their mask properly, this shit isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I think your first sentence gets to the heart of the matter. Covid has been politicized but how people have chosen to conduct themselves doesn't break down along political lines. "Liberal" people taking trips and making sure to mention that they were "safe and socially distant" pisses me off just as much as the anti-maskers. I've lost a lot of respect for people given their actions since this began. At work I have to constantly remind people to wear their mask properly, this shit isn't hard.
    This. I've had to cancel 4 vacations, and I'm currently not traveling across the country to visit a very dear uncle who is home in hospice dying from cancer. I want nothing more than to spend a few hours with the guy before he dies, but I know that traveling to do so is the epitome of selfishness and flies in the face of what we really need in this country: collective restraint and sacrifice.

So to everyone taking a ski trip, fuck you, fuck your families, eat shit and choke on it you selfish wastes of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Honest question from a guy with no axe to grind. Do you feel that there are people and leaders on the left detached from reality in a different way?
    Sure but as an independent it is always the choice of lessor evil. At present the right has gone much further off the rails IMO in support of the Trump cult.

And as far as your rants, how do you know what side of the aisle these people at your post office or whatever are on?

And guess what guys, one could travel or vacation and do many things but still keep a sealed envelope. One could also stay at home and totally fuck it up, so dont be so simpleton about it.

If you catch and spread it you fucked up. If you dont then you didnt fuck it up, regardless of where you went.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post

I agree. My guess is that they feel they have to proceed slowly to convince people they're not rushing approval. Like Bunion said. They do have to review the raw data of 30,000 subjects, but that shouldn't take this long. I would expect the expert panel to work the same hours the nurses and doctors are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Bullshit.

It has been my observation that there is no correlation between political beliefs and personal behavior. People like Cono Este and Kinnickinnick who view everything through the lens of right/left, libtard/trumptard, my tribe vs your tribe are destroying this country, because unfortunately there are way too many just like them.

I'm squarely on the left in my political beliefs but in the last few weeks the most admirable political behavior I've seen has been from local and state Republican officials who have stood up to incredible pressure, not to mention death threats. Now let's get the politics out of this discussion, since I've had the last word.

And as far as your rants, how do you know what side of the aisle these people at your post office or whatever are on?
    Do I know how they voted, absolutely not. Do I know who half of them are and generally have my finger on the pulse of the small community I've lived in for 25+ years? Pretty much.

I'm not politicizing shit. Just highlighting my frustration about the generally idea that it is always the other guy that is the problem and people seems to be able to self justify anything.

Try not to make it into a fight. I've go some self important not part of the problem outdoor recreation to do.