Page 970 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 ... LastLast
Results 24,226 to 24,250 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There is no collective. In the history of this forum at most 2 people have agreed with each other, never 3 or more.
    that's, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Meanwhile, a shiny Guido-type, had arrived with a mall-crawler monster truck and set up a card table and office chair and deep-cycle battery and laptop and full sized monitor and begun doing business, making loud businessy video calls from his beach-office. I felt an odd, unique, internal tug of war between "cool, beach office!" and "fuck that guy, don't bring your fucking cubicle to the beach".
    wow. I feel your struggle. Is it terrible, or great? Well if he puts calls on speaker a frisbee needs to find the back of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    And re: Sweden - I think it's actually an interesting experiment, and one that was apparently done with input from Swedish medical/epidemiological types. A bit of a bold gamble, but if it pays off......

Figuring out "efficacy" of this approach long-term will be challenging, in that all-cause death vs .economic impact over the long run will have to be assessed and that's not a straightforward proposition, but the cool thing is that in Norway (and to a lesser extent Denmark) there is the closest thing to a control population/system.
    Sweden vs Norway/Sweden/Denmark/Finland is a good study for no official lockdown with broadbased community consensus on distancing vs official lockdown for 2 months also with broadbased distancing continued

Japan/Singapore vs Korea/Taiwan is the same as above. With the caveat that Singapore started off with no lockdown then went to lockdown

US/Canada pair is a good study for no national strategy/individual free-for-all vs national/provincial coordination and broadbased community consensus on distancing

Wonder how this will all work out?

Russia preparing mass vaccination against coronavirus for October

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's health minister is preparing a mass vaccination campaign against the novel coronavirus for October, local news agencies reported on Saturday, after a vaccine completed clinical trials.

Health Minister Mikhail Murashko said the Gamaleya Institute, a state research facility in Moscow, had completed clinical trials of the vaccine and paperwork is being prepared to register it, Interfax news agency reported.

He said doctors and teachers would be the first to be vaccinated.

"We plan wider vaccinations for October," Murashko was quoted as saying.

A source told Reuters this week that Russia's first potential COVID-19 vaccine would secure local regulatory approval in August and be administered to health workers soon thereafter.

The Gamaleya Institute has been working on an adenovirus-based vaccine.

Yet the speed at which Russia is moving to roll it out has prompted some Western media to question whether Moscow is putting national prestige before science and safety.

The head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, Kirill Dmitriev, has likened what he said was Russia's success in developing a vaccine to the Soviet Union's 1957 launch of Sputnik 1, the world's first satellite.

On Saturday, Russia reported 95 additional deaths from the novel coronavirus, taking its total to 14,058.
    Freedom
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Freedom
    My Russian friends, stuck in Chile, claim the Russian vaccine doesn’t really exist yet, and they have zero trust in anything Putin’s government says. Go figure...

Well KQ, looks like your tales of Hermiston asshattery are coming home to roost. Our Guv just pushed Umatilla county back to lockdown status.
    https://www.bendbulletin.com/coronav...7f83deee0.html

About 2.5% of the county’s population are C+. Zip code for Hermiston is over 3% C+
    For perspective total NYC C+ rate = 2.7%; Westchester county is 3.7%

Guv sez she tried to work with the county commissioners to take voluntary measures, but they told her to piss off
    Go figure.

Bill Maher is a fucking bitch. Has he retracted his previous statement that all the 20 something’s shouldn't let rat flu slow them down, change their plans, and ruin their summer? Piece of shit pandering bitch.

You mean skinny 20 somethings ....... right?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You don't frequent the Kitty Stoke thread, do you?
    Every guy loves pussy

Er I mean kittens

Maher lost his appeal a few years ago.

He just seems bitter to me. About what I have no idea , he has to be worth come coin.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Maher has been a smug prick from day one.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Maher has been a smug prick from day one.
    Colbert is king of the smug pricks. And a talentless puppet.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Colbert is king of the smug pricks. And a talentless puppet.
    He would be delighted to hear you say that--the smug prick part anyway. Being a smug prick is his shtick. And if he's got you convinced that he's a smug prick he must have at least some talent, no? Or maybe like you say he really is a smug prick. How would you tell?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5673B8BC-F78E-405B-B73D-AA1364731879.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	436.3 KB 
ID:	336065

Name:  IMG_5921.JPG
Views: 626
Size:  132.2 KB
    I’ll raise a toast to the Scots

Kid tests pos after taking bar exam with a couple dozen others in the room.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...e-95502aec892e

brilliance as always slpat

Interesting. I wonder if the virus can migrate out and make the sewer system a vector.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the virus can migrate out and make the sewer system a vector.
    Not likely. Monitoring levels in sewage is a proxy for prevalence in the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Maybe among some kinky Germans?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hey everyone, let’s go on a cruise! It will be awesome.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ay/5562151002/

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Kid tests pos after taking bar exam with a couple dozen others in the room.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...e-95502aec892e
    I thought the bars were closed?