Page 748 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... LastLast
Results 18,676 to 18,700 of 41810
    Yeah trust in a God makes me sad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Would anti-mask people prefer their surgeons not wear mask if/when said people get to have a surgery? Or would they get by on thoughts and prayers?
    These are different scenarios- it is preposterous to compare one to the other.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm really starting to hate people.
    Starting? Haven’t you been paying attention?

I think it’s safe to say that Corona will decide the election. It’s hard for me to say in whose favor, but obviously a second spike will back fire against republicans, but as it stands now, it’s not looking good for Biden. Especially since he’s been quarantined.

Another interesting consideration is what kind of policy will be written in the days after this? And during the next term. It could be quite different depending on who wins, including the house and senate.

Thirdly, any consequences on China.

Undoubtedly, this experience will continue to change the world.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I think it’s safe to say that Corona will decide the election. It’s hard for me to say in whose favor, but obviously a second spike will back fire against republicans, but as it stands now, it’s not looking good for Biden. Especially since he’s been quarantined.

Another interesting consideration is what kind of policy will be written in the days after this? And during the next term. It could be quite different depending on who wins, including the house and senate.

What you call quarantine is perhaps just letting his opponent shoot himself in the foot repeatedly.

Speculation: Where would we be right now if Hillary had won in 2016? Sure, our pandemic response would have been very different; but what would the GI Joe Cosplayers in Michigan have done if a democratic woman had issued a nationwide stay-at-home order?

No killer bees in NM but we got moth infestation:
    https://kvia.com/news/new-mexico/202...r-hibernation/

2020 is shaping nicely

under hillary you might have had a pandemic response cuz I think leaf-liking-liberals are better at that shit

duno about biden

if ya write a policy whom is going to follow it ... so there ain't gona be any fucking policy written

what can you say to china they are becoming the world power as America fades ... under trump
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Exhibit 3. We. Are. Doomed. “Affringed upon”......
    https://twitter.com/rachelwenitsky/s...905627650?s=21
    Let’s review
    She doesn’t need a mask In public because she already has The Cordona Virus
    She has rights as a straight white Cis-gendered American To not wear a mask
    She has the right to make decisions that are wrong and horrible and loud
    She’s so mad she wants to jump off the edge of the earth
    She appears to have a full set of teeth

Might I suggest a sarcasm meter calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I thot this was an interesting take on the mask thing, the idea that the mask is really a symbol of political divide in the USA

its fucking mind boggling to me someone would chose to not wear a mask to show support for trump

sorry about the fucking adds

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1739152963901

so as you can well imagine Canadians are watching this and thinking "yeah maybe we wana leave that border closed for a bit more "
    I've posted this before, but the guy next door is a full on MAGA gun nut, and very concerned about the virus--complaining about the people on the docks 50 feet away and 4 stories below his deck. (He's also a great neighbor, always helping us with one thing or another.) The number of people who in polling think we're opening too slowly is considerably less than the Trump base. Those numbers will converge if cases don't go up, and diverge further if they do.

so I don't know you but I assume you have learned to walk erect and I am interested in your take on the CBC report as an american

consider buddy is a credible journalist and the CBC is a credible news source ... other than being blatantly Canadian

as for your neighbor it sounds like you are in his established perimeter

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Starting? Haven’t you been paying attention?

he's only 66

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Has anyone made an orange man good argument? I recall stumbling across one once in PA.
    I'm happy orange man declared 15 days to "slow the spread" way back on March 16 when we had 4,600 cases. In that time period, cases were doubling every 3-5 days. That declaration saved much suffering and many many lives. Had he waited just another week, we'd easily be at 200,000 dead now, perhaps hundred thousands more.

He even sent commemorative post cards. You probably got one.

I can say no more positive thing about him. a southern compliment.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    What you call quarantine is perhaps just letting his opponent shoot himself in the foot repeatedly.
    Yes, it makes no sense for him to say anything. But he has. But, I’m speaking more to the future campaigning, it may be hard. Coupled with the odds of a wartime president losing re election. Not good.

I’m actually worried about how China will respond to any consequences. They are serious people, not to be fucked with. As much as I hate the whole place, when I hear the average idiot now just clueing into the fact they’ve been ass raping us all, I worry about another Trump term igniting ww3 with China.

Live virus in da poo, just like in 2003

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26...DC_333-DM28664

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so I don't know you but I assume you have learned to walk erect and I am interested in your take on the CBC report as an american

consider buddy is a credible journalist and the CBC is a credible news source ... other than being blatantly Canadian

as for your neighbor it sounds like you are in his established perimeter
    I think the CBC report makes a good point, and certainly people who won't wear mask and distance and the like tend to be Republicans or rural or Trump voters or whatever you want to call that tribe. But a significant number of people who don't wear masks and don't distance are young people who feel invincible and for whom a life without partying is a life not worth living. And as I said there are significant numbers of Trump voters who do wear masks. So there is a tendency for mask wearing to align along political/tribal lines, but not a one to one correlation.

There is another group who won't wear masks: the god will take care of us folks. My next door neighbor is one of them. Luckily, she doesn't really go anywhere.

Yes, it makes no sense for him to say anything. But he has. But, I’m speaking more to the future campaigning, it may be hard. Coupled with the odds of a wartime president losing re election. Not good.

I’m actually worried about how China will respond to any consequences. They are serious people, not to be fucked with. As much as I hate the whole place, when I hear the average idiot now just clueing into the fact they’ve been ass raping us all, I worry about another Trump term igniting ww3 with China.

I don't see WWIII. I see China denying us all the stuff they make and we don't that we can't do without, also rare earths. The fiasco over PPE has reinforced what I'm sure China already knew, that while if we weren't buying from them their economy would take a big hit, in the long run we need them more than they need us. There are other countries they can sell to but for a lot of stuff we have no one else to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    These are different scenarios- it is preposterous to compare one to the other.
    I was aiming for travesty, sham, and mockery: traveshamockery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDA3F708-8D8B-4F1C-BE84-33CE9B523758.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	328986

this is priceless.

look at your sig. stick with that. Plenty of haters already.

Name:  hgfvsg6oqmz41.png
Views: 595
Size:  185.8 KB

And now something completely different. Not exactly covfefe related but I enjoyed the break. The bit about baby boomers as source of current ills is good too (at 7:18 mark):

and no complaints about politicians at 9:47 min...

I miss George Carlin.
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 05-19-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDA3F708-8D8B-4F1C-BE84-33CE9B523758.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	328986

this is priceless.

look at your sig. stick with that. Plenty of haters already.
    I never said I was going to take action. Just momentarily seething. It's been one of those days. A bone weary day.

I will wear a smile under my mask.

Actually said that to a checker at Albertsons today. Told her "I know you can't tell but I'm smiling." She said: "me too."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    The similarity of story is striking, UFC Lightweight Champion from Dagestan Russia:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים